First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Nonsensical Rhetoric
Posted 4/15/10
I had this thought, because really, our brains have a release valve for all the accumulated gunk. To let that gunk go helps to revitalize cognitive processes. So feel free to start a debate about whatever utter bollocks you feel necessary, or not necessary. Like perhaps you think that the sky is made of blue punch and that the clouds are pieces of cotton. Do as you please here, for total chaos can be great fun.
Posted 4/15/10
Here's a philosophical scene that I heard from my friend, it goes somewhat like this:

You find yourself locked in a soundproofed room with no widow, a complete isolation from the outside world that's beyond the room itself for one hour. In this room however is a completely perfect copy of yourself, with all of your abilities, talents, memories, experiences, and even down to personality traits such as expectations and preferences. In other words, within this room stands yourself facing yourself, while none knows the wiser.

However at the end of the hour, both the room and the copy of yourself will disappear without a trace. Which means only you'll know what happened during that hour and only you can testify the experience.

So here's the question, what will you do with yourself in that hour?
For myself, I would use the opportunity to challenge myself by engaging my copy with a series of physical and mental duel. Even the result of this duel can very well be a stalemate, I'll be just as thrilled by the aspect of engaging myself with an equally matched opponent.

However, there are two other possible outcomes in this situation: 1)you and your copy can cooperate on a joint project, when you have a partner who knows all your wants and needs, or 2)you and your copy can indulge on erotica, when you have a partner who knows all your desire and pleasures.

Furthermore, this philosophical situation can quite possibly be the representation of your inner private self. And with that in mind, what you'll do with your copy can be seen as your expectation and preference of either your will to power, your sense of duty, or your desire for exploitation.
Posted 4/16/10

DomFortress wrote:

Here's a philosophical scene that I heard from my friend, it goes somewhat like this:

You find yourself locked in a soundproofed room with no widow, a complete isolation from the outside world that's beyond the room itself for one hour. In this room however is a completely perfect copy of yourself, with all of your abilities, talents, memories, experiences, and even down to personality traits such as expectations and preferences. In other words, within this room stands yourself facing yourself, while none knows the wiser.

However at the end of the hour, both the room and the copy of yourself will disappear without a trace. Which means only you'll know what happened during that hour and only you can testify the experience.

So here's the question, what will you do with yourself in that hour?
For myself, I would use the opportunity to challenge myself by engaging my copy with a series of physical and mental duel. Even the result of this duel can very well be a stalemate, I'll be just as thrilled by the aspect of engaging myself with an equally matched opponent.

However, there are two other possible outcomes in this situation: 1)you and your copy can cooperate on a joint project, when you have a partner who knows all your wants and needs, or 2)you and your copy can indulge on erotica, when you have a partner who knows all your desire and pleasures.

Furthermore, this philosophical situation can quite possibly be the representation of your inner private self. And with that in mind, what you'll do with your copy can be seen as your expectation and preference of either your will to power, your sense of duty, or your desire for exploitation.


So there is the option of fornicating yourself? I... I... I feel awkward.
Posted 4/16/10 , edited 4/16/10
Just what else can you expect from an one-dimensional character, who can't score a single girl's heart with his forever 10 year old mentality and physique. While he's mentally, emotionally, and physically attached to a speech impaired yellow creature. As they shared a verbally aggressive, and electrically abusive shock therapy of a relationship history for 13 years. One heck of a wedding?

'Pokemon' Dumps Ash Ketchum & Pikachu For New Cast In 'Pokemon Black And White'(citation)

And speaking of Japanese cultural scene and influence, with the real life Japanese social scene is taking over the online scene. While at the same time virtual social medium is replacing real life social activity in Japan as a cultural norm. Real romantic love is definitely not in the air of Japan. And that's already on top of a ton of buzzard Japanese dating rules, which doesn't facilitate real human mating rituals at all.

And with that thought, I blasted off announcing the "good" of Japanese truth and love.
Posted 4/16/10
Though it seems our mating rituals have evolved technologically, rather than remained natural or traditional. Person to person relations are always better than a bunch of transferred electrons.
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
.................................................A Room with A View of Myself
I think I like this concept, & an hour may be just the right amount of time so I don't get bored
or too pissed off w/ myself.
The way I see it, here's someone who understands me, same intellect, opinions, interests,
wouldn't I be my best possible companion?
Yes, I am easily entertained, usually laid back within my comfort zones, & love it when everyone
agrees w/ me........................ if such a singular room existed, if only for that hour..........(sigh.....)........
Posted 4/17/10

farmbird wrote:

.................................................A Room with A View of Myself
I think I like this concept, & an hour may be just the right amount of time so I don't get bored
or too pissed off w/ myself.
The way I see it, here's someone who understands me, same intellect, opinions, interests,
wouldn't I be my best possible companion?

Yes, I am easily entertained, usually laid back within my comfort zones, & love it when everyone
agrees w/ me........................ if such a singular room existed, if only for that hour..........(sigh.....)........
However, I just don't see how I can advance myself further without overcoming my own self within that hour. So my own will to power prompted me into challenging myself, and the result is the valuable lesson of self-empowerment.

And in that sense, your sense of duty allows you a direct insight and intuition with yourself. Therefore you can quickly establish a sense of coherence as your own ability.

BTW, my Japanese cultural identity crisis thread is progressing smoothly.
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 4/17/10

DomFortress wrote:
However, I just don't see how I can advance myself further without overcoming my own self within that hour. So my own will to power prompted me into challenging myself, and the result is the valuable lesson of self-empowerment.

And in that sense, your sense of duty allows you a direct insight and intuition with yourself. Therefore you can quickly establish a sense of coherence as your own ability.

BTW, my Japanese cultural identity crisis thread is progressing smoothly.


My daughter came up with very similar thoughts when I presented her w/ the premise in quotes. She immediately felt she would be in competition w/ herself, as well as driving herself crazy w/ the futility of each knowing the other self to well-- like a never ending battle of tic-tac-toe, which could likely lead to violence against self.

I don't get it! Why would someone be compelled to fight themself? I kind of see that as self loathing? Even if it were a means to better oneself, I think a better scenario to achieving it would be to practice skills w/ someone slightly better than oneself, not the skills equal to oneself.

My daughter also mentioned she would be unable to "get away w/ something," because she would "know" herself too well.

Again, I was frustrated. Why would she want to cheat herself? Actually, in that setting, I can't think of a reason or benefit for even attempting such a plan. Maybe this is an example of " fooling yourself." [joke]

I just can't see past the chance for an hour of perfect harmony, since I enjoy my own company-- must be all my formative years spent as an only child!

P.S. I'll look in on the J-culture thread! I'm sure to learn something.
Posted 4/17/10

farmbird wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
However, I just don't see how I can advance myself further without overcoming my own self within that hour. So my own will to power prompted me into challenging myself, and the result is the valuable lesson of self-empowerment.

And in that sense, your sense of duty allows you a direct insight and intuition with yourself. Therefore you can quickly establish a sense of coherence as your own ability.

BTW, my Japanese cultural identity crisis thread is progressing smoothly.


My daughter came up with very similar thoughts when I presented her w/ the premise in quotes. She immediately felt she would be in competition w/ herself, as well as driving herself crazy w/ the futility of each knowing the other self to well-- like a never ending battle of tic-tac-toe, which could likely lead to violence against self.

I don't get it! Why would someone be compelled to fight themself? I kind of see that as self loathing? Even if it were a means to better oneself, I think a better scenario to achieving it would be to practice skills w/ someone slightly better than oneself, not the skills equal to oneself.

My daughter also mentioned she would be unable to "get away w/ something," because she would "know" herself too well.

Again, I was frustrated. Why would she want to cheat herself? Actually, in that setting, I can't think of a reason or benefit for even attempting such a plan.
Maybe this is an example of " fooling yourself." [joke]

I just can't see past the chance for an hour of perfect harmony, since I enjoy my own company-- must be all my formative years spent as an only child!

P.S. I'll look in on the J-culture thread! I'm sure to learn something.
Normally that's what I would do too; challenging someone who's better than me so I won't have to hold back on my effort. However like I said in the scenario that since there is only my own copy during that hour, I'm relatively short on my list of available opponent for the time being.

And you just stumble upon the added benefit of this philosophical exercise; the byproduct of self-conscious via self-awareness. Congrats!
Posted 4/18/10
Since one's own relationship with God can often be compared to and described as an individual's own relationship with the parental figure, then wouldn't that means the individual's presumption on parenting can subsequently explain why the need of God, and just how God's people should behave?

I came to my hypothesis when I reflected upon this argument of mine regarding the Japanese culture scene:

DomFortress wrote:


orangeflute wrote:



I am confused, do you want the minor's consent or do you not? It is inhumane, you say, to not allow them be adopted without their consent, and then you follow by saying it is illogical to allow the minors to have a choice in whether they want to adopted or not because their brain have yet to grow. In addition, they will face conformity whether they stay in China and its rotting orphanages or go to Japan, so that they may, in the future, fill up all the empty jobs spots left by the Japanese negative population rate. Also, I do not pretend to know where you are coming from or what you are thinking mainly because I don't know who you are or if you think at all. This inane arguement has progressed nowhere, and it will never end in a satisfying conclusion for the either of us. Why don't we just accept that the other's ideology is incompatible with our own, and end it by 'agreeing to disagree'?
Because at this very moment you're still regarding the Chinese children as domesticated livestock, not the future generation to be in charge after we're gone.

Furthermore, instead of you figuring out how to immediately solve their long term fake identity crisis within our generation. You just transferred them from one identity crisis zone to another. It is therefore you're the irresponsible, illogical, and worst of all indifferent one. Who's ignoring all the warning signs being presented by myself with my sources.

It's therefore your lack of intellect that's making your mentality as the same as both the Japanese and Chinese governments. Which ironically matches you as one of the domesticated livestock that you view the future generation of humanity as. When the reality is that they are anything but, however only if their condition is adversive and natural at best. So that they can blow us away with their positivity.


So do you still think of children, and subsequently humanity, as nothing but domesticated livestock? Yes or no. That's the major difference between your thinking and mine.
And as I examining my own logic regarding the nature of our children representing the imminent future of our humanity -which just happened to be my followup as a counterargument- , I realized that I just transcended my viewpoint beyond current state of human being and into someplace above our human history's, technology's, culture's, and civilization's reach. In other words, I've been to the mountaintop, and I can see the future of mankind from that vintage point; I became one with the outer-universe and humanity is my imaginary oyster.
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 4/18/10
I was scrolling thru past E D forum subjects & sampling some of their posts. Once again, as in the past, I was amazed by the obtuse directions some of the posts took in debating the opinions shared.

Too often, I can become confused by responses given to one of my posts, & to be honest, I sometimes confuse myself in my own debating entries before editing them!

This got me thinking & remembering the concepts of the rules of logic. I took a logic class one semester in HS, & also convinced my son, the philosophy major, to take a class on logic. Luckily, he kept the textbook.

Would anyone here at IPR be interested in reviewing & / or practicing exercizes in logic w/ me?

This could quite possibly be started as a separate forum topic if there is any interest.
Posted 4/18/10 , edited 4/18/10

farmbird wrote:

I was scrolling thru past E D forum subjects & sampling some of their posts. Once again, as in the past, I was amazed by the obtuse directions some of the posts took in debating the opinions shared.

Too often, I can become confused by responses given to one of my posts, & to be honest, I sometimes confuse myself in my own debating entries before editing them!

This got me thinking & remembering the concepts of the rules of logic. I took a logic class one semester in HS, & also convinced my son, the philosophy major, to take a class on logic. Luckily, he kept the textbook.

Would anyone here at IPR be interested in reviewing & / or practicing exercizes in logic w/ me?

This could quite possibly be started as a separate forum topic if there is any interest.
I sure wouldn't mind an exercise in logic, as long as it doesn't involve the binary model of 1/0, yes/no, or true/false scenario. For that just bores me to death. I'm far better at the pattern seeking model of if/then/else creative task.

BTW, I started another thread in the Japanese culture forum regarding the rising Japanese senior suicide rate.
Posted 4/18/10
I bequeath thee "thy summoning of the trolls"

orangeflute wrote:
Also, a message to everyone else: Don't feel intimidated just because two losers are arguing over the idiotic, the senseless, and the inane, feel free to answer his question, slander him, slander me, or slander both of us. Also, don't worry about such trivial details as grammar, spelling, and the like, it wouldn't be half as nice if you didn't make some mistake for the some member of the grammar-SS to fault you on (wouldn't want to rob them of their raison d'etre would you?).

Seriously, I've never seen such eloquently written request for trolling. Too bad that was his best and only attempt at sounding intelligent, IMO.
Posted 4/19/10 , edited 4/19/10
SS, Shock Troopers, Storm Troopers. All these and many other scare tactics are all what's sustaining capitalism; by exploiting and regressing humanity through a series of fear and trauma, thus convert and subdue mankind into a state of learned helplessness.
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 4/19/10

DomFortress wrote:

SS, Shock Troopers, Storm Troopers. All these and many other scare tactics are all what's sustaining capitalism; by exploiting and regressing humanity through a series of fear and trauma, thus convert and subdue mankind into a state of learned helplessness.


Man! This sounds so negative & pessimistic!!!!!! So many forum topics & responses seem so Doomsday oriented.

I wish to state pessimism & negativity are the real threats to civilization.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.