First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Microsoft and Child Labor
Posted 4/16/10
This is sick and sad, though we are used to callous statements about such things being ordinary.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/17/microsoft-employs-child-slaves-to-make-xboxes/
9150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
well, your have to get somebody to do the work
Posted 4/16/10
Dude, all the big corporations use sweatshops in china.
Posted 4/16/10
I honestly don't care...
141349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Someplace
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
not surprised at all
Posted 4/16/10
This has been going on long before this news came up.
Posted 4/16/10
Nothing new really, but really heartbreaking to still hear
Posted 4/16/10

montana16 wrote:

well, your have to get somebody to do the work


That is true. We say "think of the children" all the time, and not very many people seem to. The reality of it is that you have to be willing to stick your nose in some nasty business if you want to stop shit like this. Personally, it would be better to pay more for a product and keep it produced in a country that will not allow child labor, though that is just a whim in our world.
9150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
I say, put em to work!
Posted 4/16/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

This has been going on long before this news came up.


Yeah, this is just one teardrop in a very big bucket.
68222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / sunny sandy ego
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
ive been working on fields picking fruit since i was 6. ive turned out great.
i dont see the problem here. just because this is the us. please.
Posted 4/16/10

marumo-kun wrote:

Dude, all the big corporations use sweatshops in china.


Of course. How else will high volumes of a product be made? Machines? No, that's WAY too expensive.
Posted 4/16/10

Glock45 wrote:


marumo-kun wrote:

Dude, all the big corporations use sweatshops in china.


Of course. How else will high volumes of a product be made? Machines? No, that's WAY too expensive.


Glad you see it from my point of view.
Posted 4/16/10

marumo-kun wrote:


Glock45 wrote:


marumo-kun wrote:

Dude, all the big corporations use sweatshops in china.


Of course. How else will high volumes of a product be made? Machines? No, that's WAY too expensive.


Glad you see it from my point of view.


As dead as most of us are, that is the only way to see it. Naivete in people leads them to so much heartache.
Posted 4/16/10
it's china, they use kids to make all of our shit. This way it's nice and cheap, i remember my 1st computer back in 1998 it cost 2000 bucks. Due to foreign outsourcing now computers only cost 400, that's a big difference. Also this article is biased becsue china also makes ps3 and wii's and sanu hates xbox to begin with.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.