First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What is the most common shoujo anime story line?
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

CobaltRain wrote:

Don't get me started.......plain average guy protected by cool/pretty/badass girl, meets other girls that fall for him, is put in life-or-death situation, someone falls in love,gets hurt,dies,acts of betrayal/rivals arise, touching love scene And then the guy say"it's only the beginning" and ends up with no one.=.= We already kno' how it goes for the girls.....


i think some people might be getting confused as to what is shoujo - usually when the main guy is plain and average (and the girl is anything but) it's actually shounen.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 11/21/12 , edited 11/21/12

KookieKrazy wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:



LOL THIS MADE ME LAUGH.

But shoujo doesn't have pr0nz. So no? XD


I'm not saying they have porn, but some Shoujo's do have smut, and almost porn. Some have implied sex and shit.


Well, yeah. But shoujo is for little girls, so that's kind of uncommon imo. I've read enough to know.:P



someone replied to this saying that shoujo isn't only for little girls. actually, it is normally for young girls, since that's what the word "shoujo" means. If it's more grown up like that, it's more likely to be josei or even ecchi.
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/21/12 , edited 11/21/12
Guy doesnt seem to like girl
Guy is really hot/popular
guy notices girl
girl likes guy
guy likes girl
an extremely cheesy confession :)

Ive read... a lot of shoujos.. the most basic shoujos are like this.
76037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / somewhere snowy
Offline
Posted 11/22/12

fibijean wrote:


CobaltRain wrote:

Don't get me started.......plain average guy protected by cool/pretty/badass girl, meets other girls that fall for him, is put in life-or-death situation, someone falls in love,gets hurt,dies,acts of betrayal/rivals arise, touching love scene And then the guy say"it's only the beginning" and ends up with no one.=.= We already kno' how it goes for the girls.....


i think some people might be getting confused as to what is shoujo - usually when the main guy is plain and average (and the girl is anything but) it's actually shounen.


Diggin' up some old posts here buddy, thats from back in the day when I abused all the purple Alright, I'll update: SHOUNEN: battle of the fittest, both romantically speaking, & physically. The shounen genre hasn't really evolved too much over the years, but as tradition goes:a talentless, self confused boy, young of age, will embark on a journey, or harness a power, he finds out about in real-time, with us the audience. Women will be busty and lusty for him, and why not? The author is representing himself by using this character, if the manga/anime is his way of living the dream, women are gonna come his way, whether it improves the story, or [most definitely] does not.

Shoujo: Ignoring the rare exceptions [natsume yuujinchou, chihaya, nana, honey&clover, etc] boy meets girl, girl meets boy, and then after they play cat and mouse with feelings, bring in love rivals, and start fights due to gross levels of miscommunication, then cry and make-up.
Both are filled with gallons of cliches, which do explain why you don't normally find yourself craving typical anime with typical ending unless you wanna feel smart for a day.
33718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
A really shy girl, falls inlove w/ a popular boy.
22993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Every Shoujo ever made is the most common Shoujo story.
79431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

poptartzrox wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:

Cute/bubbly/ innocent/ stupid girl late to school wearing a SUPER SHOT school uniform

Cue girl - "Ohmahgawd I liek really need a bf! OR "Boys are liek SO stupid! OR "I'm just a normal, cute/kawaii girl!"

OHMAHGAWDWHOOPS

Bumps into sexy/handsome/hot/cute/bad-ass guy or ruins something of his (like car or something)

Meets him randomly even though ALL THOSE YEARS SHE'S NEVER SEEN HIM EVEN THOUGH HE GOES TO HER SCHOOL/ LIVES IN SAME TOWN OR she's secretly been crushing/hyperventilating on him ALL THIS TIME

Thinks he's normal cute/bad cute/annoying cute/rude cute

Then he makes her pay someway OR kisses her OR "You'll fall for me" line OR molests her OR forces her to become his servant or maid

Cue girl line "Omg he liek stole my first kiss LIEK O.M.G!! OR "Baka/Pervert!/Hentai! OR "Taking advantage of KAWAII girls like me!"

(Don't forget insane height difference)

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

Later on he says she hates him but she loves him (infatuated in a shallow way that they TRY to portray as being 'true luv')

He treats her badly OR bothers her OR hits on her OR gropes her

Other guys fall for girl but she's SO clueless/innocent/naive and SUDDENLY SO INSANELY POPULAR

Big ass confrontation OR CONFESSIONCONFESSIONCONFESSION from other guys/best friend

The bitchy/slutty girl SUDDENLY APPEARS and she puts main guy into a compromising position (A.KA she's on top of him OR kissing him)

DRAMA

DRAMA

DRAMA

Kawaii girl/bad boy make up with corny dialogue OR professions of UNDYING LUV OR even threats

KISS

BREAK UP

KISS

SEX

BREAK UP

HAWT TRANSFER STUDENT

KISS

BREAK UP

Continue in this vein for the next 20 or so unnecessary volumes

The happy ending OR hot guy has to leave to college in America OR get married OR have to leave each other for some other reason

Shoujo sucks. If you want something for girls but better, read Josei. It's rare that a Shoujo is great.


there is sex?


He is explaining a jousei
1958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Girl meets guy, they bicker/compete/ "don't like each other" (gradually becoming closer phase), girl/guy rival appears inciting jealousy
-> finally realizing that they like each other but are afraid to admit their feelings (the awkward phase) -> resolution (they finally get together)
Posted 2/21/13
MAdoka and NAnoha had no romance.
It is basically like they get the power to be a mahou shoujo and fight bad guys.
49156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/21/13 , edited 2/21/13

butthurtking wrote:

MAdoka and NAnoha had no romance.
It is basically like they get the power to be a mahou shoujo and fight bad guys.


Uta Kata is another Shoujo that diverges from the norm, it's somewhat dark in that the girl gets her powers from some alien race and the power proves to be too much for her as it consumes and overtakes her. She goes around conjuring spirits and attempting to kill other people as her mental and physical states are being torn apart. Good story. Kind of a play on words, but Utakata means Bubble and Uta Kata means Poem Fragment - double meaning anyone? It was made in 2004, by the way, so it was definitely before Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Also:

9535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Elrios, Sleepingw...
Offline
Posted 2/21/13
( I have seen at least 5 shoujos, dont bash on me)
Girls meets guy (Unless childhoodfriend, welllll wouldnt all genres have the childhood friend setup)
Girl falls in love with that guy (Can be switched around)
Drama
Drama
Both have feeling for each other (Tsundere moments can be sweet at times)
Drama
Drama
New lvl of love (It's OVER 9000!!!!!!, srry, couldn't help it)
Maybe a little more Drama
Then Climax(Live Happily evar after

Go Try watching the Girl who Leapt through Time if you want a good Shoujo
Posted 2/21/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


butthurtking wrote:

MAdoka and NAnoha had no romance.
It is basically like they get the power to be a mahou shoujo and fight bad guys.


Uta Kata is another Shoujo that diverges from the norm, it's somewhat dark in that the girl gets her powers from some alien race and the power proves to be too much for her as it consumes and overtakes her. She goes around conjuring spirits and attempting to kill other people as her mental and physical states are being torn apart. Good story. Kind of a play on words, but Utakata means Bubble and Uta Kata means Poem Fragment - double meaning anyone? It was made in 2004, by the way, so it was definitely before Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Also:



Also what? I don't remember any romance when I watched the anime(and the movie)....
49156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/21/13 , edited 2/21/13

butthurtking wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


butthurtking wrote:

MAdoka and NAnoha had no romance.
It is basically like they get the power to be a mahou shoujo and fight bad guys.


Uta Kata is another Shoujo that diverges from the norm, it's somewhat dark in that the girl gets her powers from some alien race and the power proves to be too much for her as it consumes and overtakes her. She goes around conjuring spirits and attempting to kill other people as her mental and physical states are being torn apart. Good story. Kind of a play on words, but Utakata means Bubble and Uta Kata means Poem Fragment - double meaning anyone? It was made in 2004, by the way, so it was definitely before Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Also:



Also what? I don't remember any romance when I watched the anime(and the movie)....


I wasn't talking about that, but the thing below the also. It some other world you just know they have that type of relationship.

Posted 2/21/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


butthurtking wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


butthurtking wrote:

MAdoka and NAnoha had no romance.
It is basically like they get the power to be a mahou shoujo and fight bad guys.


Uta Kata is another Shoujo that diverges from the norm, it's somewhat dark in that the girl gets her powers from some alien race and the power proves to be too much for her as it consumes and overtakes her. She goes around conjuring spirits and attempting to kill other people as her mental and physical states are being torn apart. Good story. Kind of a play on words, but Utakata means Bubble and Uta Kata means Poem Fragment - double meaning anyone? It was made in 2004, by the way, so it was definitely before Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Also:



Also what? I don't remember any romance when I watched the anime(and the movie)....


I wasn't talking about that, but the thing below the also. It some other world you just know they have that type of relationship.



There was no "love" in it.
Also Madoka s gone.
49156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/21/13 , edited 2/21/13

butthurtking wrote:

There was no "love" in it.
Also Madoka s gone.


There was love, but I get what you're saying. Madoka isn't gone - she's till around as an omniscient being.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.