First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Animal Equality
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Brisbane
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

ShadowGryphon wrote:

[You can't even say discrimination, why? simple, you are attempting to attribute Human emotions and intelligence to that which has none.
A dog simply wouldn't care if you like a cat more, a dog can't even begin to comprehend the idea of "discrimination".
A dogs world is very simple: Wake up, eat, run outside, relieve itself, play, eat, drink water, clean itself, run around some more, play with it's owners, eat, drink wanter, sit with it's owner on the sofa, go to sleep. Start the process all over the next day.
This is pretty much ubiquitous for all animals.


Just asking you since you said dogs or animals lets say do not have any emotion. Why does a dog bark when someone comes close to their teritory eg yard? Why do dogs fight until they die to protect their owner? Why do they hate cats(most of them anyways? They can also sense if your scared and they will not like it as they know a scared person is unpredictble...is that not intelgience. Also wolves set up traps for their pray another sign of intelgeince one we do not have. Also dog does care as in its own way has a type of discrimination.......example: Man come home to small daughter 4 yrs old, first he play with daughter then dog......if you knew anything about dogs you would know, that man just made the dog dislike his daughter as he put her in a higher position in the pecking order. Just my opinion
1686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
You're way too idealistic.

We're not all equal. Some of us are better than others while some of us are worse.

I would understand if you mean the mistreatment of animals or something along the lines of that. Like, do we honestly need to drape fur over our bodies when we have cotton?
8677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
115 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
I think thats very simple.....because they differ each other....^_^
Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08

igor4231 wrote:
Just asking you since you said dogs or animals lets say do not have any emotion.

No I didn't.
I said she was attributing HUMAN emotions.


Why does a dog bark when someone comes close to their teritory eg yard?

You just answered your own question. Hint: Begins with "their" and ends with "territory"


Why do dogs fight until they die to protect their owner?

Because dogs are pack animals and it's owner is seen as the alpha.


Why do they hate cats(most of them anyways?

Again you attribute HUMAN emotion to that which is -not- human.
Just because a dog chases a cat does not mean the dog hates the cat.
There could be any number of reasons why the dog chases the cat, maybe it's not used to cats and therefore sees it as something to be hunted.


They can also sense if your scared and they will not like it as they know a scared person is unpredictble...is that not intelgience.

They can sense fear because emotions (like fear) cause a human to produce a pheromone unique to emotion.
How do you know what a dog knows ?
And no... it's not... it's called -instinct-

Also wolves set up traps for their prey another sign of intelgeince one we do not have.

show me where I said animals were -not- intelligent. ( I didn't so don't waste your time)
I said they were not on the same level AS MAN!
As for that being one we do not have, explain fishing, hunting, fur trappers, mouse traps, bird traps, dog traps, glue traps, fly paper, fly strips and so on.... hmmm seems we DO set traps.

Also dog does care as in its own way has a type of discrimination.......example: Man come home to small daughter 4 yrs old, first he play with daughter then dog......if you knew anything about dogs you would know, that man just made the dog dislike his daughter as he put her in a higher position in the pecking order. Just my opinion

Yep.... the man did and guess what.... the dog doesn't have a problem with it.... why ........ BECAUSE IT'S A PACK ANIMAL!
a dogs quality of life is better when it knows it's place in the pack.... even living with humans it still perceives it's world from the view point of "this is my pack".

Once more you attempt to push HUMAN EMOTIONS on to something that cannot understand them.

You say this is opinion (most opinions aren't stated as questions, and seems more like you're were looking to pick a fight) so I ask you what this "opinion" is based on.
Because it's not based on any real scientific fact.



ade25 wrote:
nevermind then ppl will be jackasses and think anime is while smart ppl womt what can i say im part of that smart area are you


no offense but I still don't understand a single word you're saying.
You're saying you're part of a "smart area" yet you are butchering the English language.
Not trying to be an ass here, but seriously, what you said makes no sense.

Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08

noname2 wrote:

white ppl love being 'specist'. they find it perfectly ok to eat some types of animals but not other types, maybe coz they find the other tyoes cuter, useful or woteva.


Wow... someone played the race card!
I was waiting.

so "noname2" (probably a coward) show me where your post fits with the rest.
........
Wait...... it doesn't.
and your choice of words is very telling...... it says that you are a generalist AND a racist .
915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08

Safuranmodoki wrote:

we all agree that racism is wrong and that asians, americans, irish or swedish or watever race u are, we are all equal, i kno racism is still a problem but at least we try to stop it.. but wat about racism towards animals?? we ARE animals ourselves, why is there such a distinguished line between animal and human??


i pretty much understand what you are saying. i think until the present time, humans never had as much time to contemplate such questions. it has always been every species for their own (derived from every person for themselves). there is a distinguished line because we only know our own species so of course we put ourselves first, therefore such a differentiation. you say all this well, but i have to ask, are you willing to be so call "equal" and live among the other species. we can only do so much (e.g. animal conservation, habitat reconstruction) to make up for the mess we have created. Even then the damage is irreplaceable.







Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08

eternal_bliss wrote:


vajmichael wrote:

Do you eat vegetables only then? If you are offered the cooked flesh of a slain animal would you eat it?


But eating meat is all part of survival. Sharks eat other fish---for what? For surviving longer.


I think the issue is trying to secure essential protiens. For vegetarians and vegans, they have to secure a new non-animal source essential protiens. It's also easier to get these essential proteins from an animal source.
Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08
that is very very very simple
for ur example of setting out bird feeders and mouse traps thing, many mice u set mice trap for carry diseases and if they bite u u can die but, birds are rather harmless unless its a really really really big bird otherwise, they cant really hurt u badly (even though some bird carry diseases too(but we set out bird feeders for pet birds and stuff, not like seagulls))
and ppl like certain animals more than others because the animals they like better have a trait that the person wants, but cant have cuz humans are worse than animals, we are just slightly smarter
like this, i like birdies cuz i want to flyyyyy
577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 1/4/08 , edited 4/18/08

Safuranmodoki wrote:

its been kinda bothering me for a while and i'd just like to divert ppl's attention towards 'animal racism'

we all agree that racism is wrong and that asians, americans, irish or swedish or watever race u are, we are all equal, i kno racism is still a problem but at least we try to stop it.. but wat about racism towards animals?? we ARE animals ourselves, why is there such a distinguished line between animal and human??

why are there such questions as "Do you like Cats more or Dogs?"

then lemme ask you, "Do you like Asians more or Americans?"
slightly offended, perhaps??

and to the horse lover: why do u like Arabians more than Palaminos?
(not picking on horse lovers on purpose)

sure, i understand that u may admire the brutalness of the shark or envy thepower of the tiger or take pleasure in the wonderful array of colours exotic birds have to offer, you may admire something the wolf has that the newt duznt... but in the end, arent we all equal?? why do we set out bird feeders and lay out mouse traps?? why do we favour one animal and shun another??

edit: if u disagree with the term 'racism' then we'll say discrimination


And yet i thought crunchyroll would never have a person making a thread like this.

Do not say its just my opinion but you have to admit this is really stupid, it's obvious we treat humans better than animals because species are different we are more intelligent than them, we survive longer we do more things blah blah. it's as if you are saying it'd take you more then half a second to think if you would rather keep your child than your dog! 'Tarded....enough said.
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
I think its because they can't speak. So if they can't speak they can't express thier pain.. Thus we look down on them and do what ever we please. I know i'm animal racist toward cockroaches. I hate those things >.> so i crush them where ever i see them.T-T i'm so ashamed.

ALSO PLZ DON"T USE THE WORD NEGRO.

I think black sound better.
1562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / wanka land, where...
Offline
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
easy: we build stuff, we find technology, we have variety of languages, there is another reason for sex aside from reproduction, blah blah blah

even thoguh i love animals.....i don't wanna go to jail if one day one of them attacks me and i kill him.
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
No wonder why this was voted for in the Hall of Shame. Animal racism? What the pet owners bought was because of their preference, not because of racism. Did your dog tell you that he hates the Chinese Shar pei at your neighbors because it is Chinese? That I would consider racism, but I never heard of people talking to their pets, most of those guys usually are secluded in Mental Hospitals.
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
I have a very simple question. If you have to choose whether to save a dog from death, or save a human from death, but you can't save both, how will you choose and why?
1156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
Two words; Natural Selection
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Here and there
Offline
Posted 1/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
The reason is cuz animals cant speak for themselves so we dont know what they think witch means we ignore being *racist* to them
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.