First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What should be done about sex offenders in a free country?
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 4/28/10 , edited 4/28/10
What should be done about sex offenders in a free country? when u do the crime, u do the time...then what?

This can really be said about any crime in a free 1st world country with privacy rights (i.e. USA). When a sex offender is convicted, they go to prison and do the time. Then they r let out. Everyone that goes to prison must be released at some point in time-in a body bag or what ever.

In America, when sex offenders r let out they usually register, or get sent to an island away from society to live out thier lives. Is this an evasion of privacy? right/ wrong? or even constitutional? (i want to hear from all countries).

When people do a crime they r told to do the time...what happens next? Is it right to resend them back to prison even though another crime hasnt been convicted?

What about thier rights to a life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness? a stable job? property, ect.? Some people argue "when u do a crime you give up your rights". If thats true, then why dont we just throw them in a concentration camp and kill them all. Im serious, i bet Hitler never had problems with overcrouding prisons, constitutions, privacy issues, ect.

What im getting at is that we dont do that to prisoners in a free country because they DO have rights, and they must be taken into account.

Here are some facts to help answer some of these: (the part in red will be understood and spread out like a chart when u reply to this)

Crimes, in a general sense, r serparated into 4 main layers-

layer 1= the celebrated cases
layer 2= the serious felonies
layer 3= the lesser felonies
layer 4= the misdemeansors


"Layer 4 is made up of misdemeanors. About 90 percent of all cases fall into this category"- Book

"Layer 1 of the "cake" consists of celebrated cases that are highly unusual"-Book

1000 500
serious > crimes
crimes unreported
|
500 400
crimes > crimes
reported unsolved
|
100 (same 100 arrested)
people |
arrested 65 adultes cosidered for > 30 cases dropped
| prosecution
30 juvs 35 juveniles |
on probation < go to 35 cases accepted > 5 jump bail or abscond
or dismissed juvenile court |
| 30 cases go to trial> 3 acquitted
5 juveniles |
incarcerted 23 plead guilty, 4 are found guilty
|
27 sentenced > 9 placed on probation
|
18 adults incarcerated


"from 1000 serious crimes, Layer 1 and layer 2 of our cake (less then 10%)- to a total of 23 people behide bars serving time.This is per 1000 crimes."-me


This is from a criminal justice book, its fairly recent and accurate. think of the layer thing like a cake. Layer 4 is the foundation and layer 1 is the cherry on top. This is the USA statistics only, but only a few countries in the world keep vast amounts of statistics on crime, so this is as good as it gets.

Taking this back to the issue at hand, these sex offenders make up less then 10% of the crimes done, and only about 10% of them are actually caught and convicted, and u dont even want to know the statistics on how many people get away with rape .Or for that matter how many people lie about being raped .


So what should be done about sex offenders in a free country? is shipping them all on an island after they served thier time really constitutional?(some states do this).Is registering them reasonable? In the USA you cant get tried again for a trial u were already convicted of, unless the President allows it in the case of terrorists...which becomes a war crime...but i digress.

Also the can offenders be rehilbiliated? (fixed :lol:) What are the chances of them re-affending (pretty high in some cases )? what is your solution to this issue in a free country? (keep it reasonable and in a free country)

My Solution- Teach everyone martial arts. "The best protection is self protection"- Dr Phil.

Note to Mods- Plz dont lock this thread, i know this is like my 3rd one on child melestation, but lock all those other ones, i really have good hope for this one , its my baby :tears: peace over war
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/28/10
You could arm everyone I suppose. That might work, then people would be more hesitant to commit a crime cause they'd know that the person they are about to rob, attack whatever has a gun. You'd have to be just plain stupid to rob someone who has a gun on them at the time.

As for what to do with sex offenders, I say it should be like a 40 - 50 year sentence. Instead of like 3-7 years i keep hearing out. if you get sentenced to 40 years in jail for a crime, i don't think you'll be repeating it, at least any competent wouldn't.
Posted 4/28/10

Allhailodin wrote:

You could arm everyone I suppose. That might work, then people would be more hesitant to commit a crime cause they'd know that the person they are about to rob, attack whatever has a gun. You'd have to be just plain stupid to rob someone who has a gun on them at the time.

As for what to do with sex offenders, I say it should be like a 40 - 50 year sentence. Instead of like 3-7 years i keep hearing out. if you get sentenced to 40 years in jail for a crime, i don't think you'll be repeating it, at least any competent wouldn't.


then there is always the rape or other problems in prison as well >_> but I do know that they are starting to execute some sex offenders but that depends on what state you live in.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/28/10
They should lock them up and let them rot, either that or castrate them. Many sex offenders are repeat felons who go to jail and go back to their old habits. States like Vermont should be ashamed for their soft treatment towards rape and child sexual abuse. What about the sexually abused children? They deserve justice. Sex offenders should receive extremely harsh punishments and highly monitored when (if) they are released.
Posted 4/28/10
Cut off their balls. Does that ring a bell?
Posted 4/28/10

Glock45 wrote:

Cut off their balls. Does that ring a bell?


that won't stop sex-offenders, it's a state of mind or wanting to comment an act of violence on a another person. It's not about the sex in the least, it's about having power and control over other people. That will not do a thing to them, sex offenders will continue and harm other others with or without use of their penis, and do not forget their female sex offenders as well, but in our society we tend for forget that.
Posted 4/28/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


Glock45 wrote:

Cut off their balls. Does that ring a bell?


that won't stop sex-offenders, it's a state of mind or wanting to comment an act of violence on a another person. It's not about the sex in the least, it's about having power and control over other people. That will not do a thing to them, sex offenders will continue and harm other others with or without use of their penis, and do not forget their female sex offenders as well, but in our society we tend for forget that.


Not that it would stop them. It might keep a few more sex offenders out of the gene pool.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/28/10
'Sex offenders.. are we talking about the real dark cases.. or all people who are known as sex Offenders? Because I know a sex offender.. Real nice person.. but he was dating a girl.. and once he turn 17 and she was 16. He was turned in by her, because he was going to brake up with her.
So should he have to be like Glock45 : said his balls cut off? Or Like Digs: said and be locked away for life?

Until Cops and Judges can judge each case for what it really is, and not just label them I do not think ether choice is a good idea.. sorry Guys.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 4/28/10

digs wrote:

They should lock them up and let them rot, either that or castrate them. Many sex offenders are repeat felons who go to jail and go back to their old habits. States like Vermont should be ashamed for their soft treatment towards rape and child sexual abuse. What about the sexually abused children? They deserve justice. Sex offenders should receive extremely harsh punishments and highly monitored when (if) they are released.


Life sentencing isn't enough, it doesn't stop murders so it won't stop rape / sexual abuse.

Neutering them might tho. seems to work for cats and dogs, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for humans. Good luck passing that law tho. Too many human rights activists to allow that to happen.
Posted 4/28/10 , edited 4/28/10
I say put them all on an island, then they can sexually assault themselves.
There, everyone's happy.


You could arm everyone I suppose. That might work, then people would be more hesitant to commit a crime cause they'd know that the person they are about to rob, attack whatever has a gun. You'd have to be just plain stupid to rob someone who has a gun on them at the time.


As for Allhailodin, I don't think arming everyone with a gun would help much. In fact, it would probably make things worst since human beings are known to be pretty irresponsible. We might have some trigger happy people out there who take the slightest offense out of hand. Police officers have guns, but that doesn't stop criminals from attacking them, we see it on the news all the time.
Posted 4/29/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

I say put them all on an island, then they can sexually assault themselves.
There, everyone's happy.


You could arm everyone I suppose. That might work, then people would be more hesitant to commit a crime cause they'd know that the person they are about to rob, attack whatever has a gun. You'd have to be just plain stupid to rob someone who has a gun on them at the time.


As for Allhailodin, I don't think arming everyone with a gun would help much. In fact, it would probably make things worst since human beings are known to be pretty irresponsible. We might have some trigger happy people out there who take the slightest offense out of hand. Police officers have guns, but that doesn't stop criminals from attacking them, we see it on the news all the time.


I am going to have agree with you there but there are some sex offenders that I have looked up where I live that are just kids like you, all they did was post nude pics of themselves online or did web shows but since they where underage and well you have to fill in the blanks yourself there.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/29/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'Sex offenders.. are we talking about the real dark cases.. or all people who are known as sex Offenders? Because I know a sex offender.. Real nice person.. but he was dating a girl.. and once he turn 17 and she was 16. He was turned in by her, because he was going to brake up with her.
So should he have to be like Glock45 : said his balls cut off? Or Like Digs: said and be locked away for life?

Until Cops and Judges can judge each case for what it really is, and not just label them I do not think ether choice is a good idea.. sorry Guys.


I agree with all that. I know a guy that has the sex offender label because he broke up with his ex and she got him back by saying he 'touched' her daughter who doesn't even live in the damn state. In my area there's about 150 sex offenders but about 80% of them have the label due to dumb shit. The cops and judges need to make a change first.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/1/10
I wished it was that easy just to cot off testicles. From my understanding it more about control and making somebody suffer. It a mental problem more than sexual one. But laws are written so poorly and this Zero tolerance is stupid. A 16 year old and a 18 year going to high school together the 18 can get ten years in GA. The laws need to be clear. The word sex offender could put a parent in prison for taking a picture of the kids in a bath tub. The needs to be guidelines and laws that very well define what a sex offenders is. A repeat rapist I would like to see wrest and ankles chained together and kept in the prison shower. Rape and death of a person I would like them to be tron apart Alvie of course.There thing that kids have to learn and it is the hard way sex and love are two different things and as you grow up hopefully you can tell the difference between them. I know allot of older people how still cant get that down. Girls when young boys say they love you but there always trying to sleep with you drop the monkey because after he had his conquest he will drop you for another
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/10 , edited 5/3/10
They should be castrated, tied to a iron pillar, and roasted alive publically, so as to make an example to every other potential sex offenders out there. There should be a way that would allow for them to live as the fires slowly gnaw away at their flesh, in addition to preventing them from suicide.
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10
Even though I despise sex offenders and think they should be marked for life as such, it can backfire, my teacher told us a story about how a friend of his was driving home at night, I think he was a little drunk, and he had to piss so he gets out of the car and pisses against a wall, but he was near a school and he is now a registered sex offender, now that is unbelievably unfair, he will have to live now with people thinking he is a sex offender.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.