First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Dating games just made a huge leap
18477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Maryland, USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/10
And now, I'm not wondering why some girls say that there are no more "decent" guys anymore. Because they're most likely taken, not interested in the person and/or the relationship, "swing the other way" or just plain frick'd up stuck with their virtual waifu.

I feel sorry for a lot of people involved in this case: the dude who's living in this fantasy world, (PROBABLY) the girl who likes this dude but has no idea what the hell he's really like, the family members concerned about his mental and emotional welfare and his friends who would most likely pity and/or ridicule him or might even leave because of his "weird-ness".

Honestly, I wouldn't even feel insecure about being compared to a 2D "woman" because I know I have a mind of my own that they will never have (Surprise! The so-called decisions those characters make were by humans too) and a personality that they will never possess. Sure, I am not perfect and most likely have more flaws than these 2D characters but at least people can say that I am real and not something like "so close to the real thing".

Plus, if I ever had a guy who is into these games, I wouldn't have any second thoughts of leaving him. I'm not settling for someone who cannot face reality and simply nuzzles his face in his 2D girls' boobs. lol
Posted 5/10/10

baka_karasu wrote:

And now, I'm not wondering why some girls say that there are no more "decent" guys anymore. Because they're most likely taken, not interested in the person and/or the relationship, "swing the other way" or just plain frick'd up stuck with their virtual waifu.

I feel sorry for a lot of people involved in this case: the dude who's living in this fantasy world, (PROBABLY) the girl who likes this dude but has no idea what the hell he's really like, the family members concerned about his mental and emotional welfare and his friends who would most likely pity and/or ridicule him or might even leave because of his "weird-ness".

Honestly, I wouldn't even feel insecure about being compared to a 2D "woman" because I know I have a mind of my own that they will never have (Surprise! The so-called decisions those characters make were by humans too) and a personality that they will never possess. Sure, I am not perfect and most likely have more flaws than these 2D characters but at least people can say that I am real and not something like "so close to the real thing".

Plus, if I ever had a guy who is into these games, I wouldn't have any second thoughts of leaving him. I'm not settling for someone who cannot face reality and simply nuzzles his face in his 2D girls' boobs. lol


most people that play these games don't even leave the house or socialize with other people, so this is an outlook for them to be some what happy in their life's. I do plays some of these games some times but just for my amusement like most games are meant to be.
bhl88 
75211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/10 , edited 5/10/10

drash wrote:

The whole "dating game" thing is really interesting. I especially like bhl88's comments about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing. Nice link Cecil!

My company is working on a brand new game for Facebook that incorporates a light dating mechanic without any strong sexual content (no nudity, swearing or anything). We spent a lot of time thinking about how to handle it and what types of players would find the game interesting.

If you feel like it, check out our Facebook page (we just went live a few days ago):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destiny-Stone/231495461174

The game is called Destiny Stone and features anime-style art combined with roleplaying (character levels, spells, item crafting), side-scrolling platforming with relationship building. We think it's pretty cool. Happy to take anyone's comments!



It was never about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing.

It's more of: Dating 2D characters worse than adultery. (For Japanese girls).

Truthfully most of the blame would go to the Japanese girls, their expectations are too high... (wut 6 million yen salary?)

I don't need to pray for the dating sims success, it's going to be popular amongst ronery otaku.
Posted 5/10/10 , edited 5/10/10

bhl88 wrote:


drash wrote:

The whole "dating game" thing is really interesting. I especially like bhl88's comments about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing. Nice link Cecil!

My company is working on a brand new game for Facebook that incorporates a light dating mechanic without any strong sexual content (no nudity, swearing or anything). We spent a lot of time thinking about how to handle it and what types of players would find the game interesting.

If you feel like it, check out our Facebook page (we just went live a few days ago):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destiny-Stone/231495461174

The game is called Destiny Stone and features anime-style art combined with roleplaying (character levels, spells, item crafting), side-scrolling platforming with relationship building. We think it's pretty cool. Happy to take anyone's comments!



It was never about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing.

It's more of: Dating 2D characters worse than adultery. (For Japanese girls).

Truthfully most of the blame would go to the Japanese girls, their expectations are too high... (wut 6 million yen salary?)

I don't need to pray for the dating sims success, it's going to be popular amongst ronery otaku.


thing is about most dating sims they date back WAY BACK to the apple 2 and commdore 64, some of the older games can also fetch a pretty penny as well. I collect all sorts of things from japan but I am not saying anymore lulz
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 5/10/10

bhl88 wrote:


drash wrote:

The whole "dating game" thing is really interesting. I especially like bhl88's comments about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing. Nice link Cecil!

My company is working on a brand new game for Facebook that incorporates a light dating mechanic without any strong sexual content (no nudity, swearing or anything). We spent a lot of time thinking about how to handle it and what types of players would find the game interesting.

If you feel like it, check out our Facebook page (we just went live a few days ago):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destiny-Stone/231495461174

The game is called Destiny Stone and features anime-style art combined with roleplaying (character levels, spells, item crafting), side-scrolling platforming with relationship building. We think it's pretty cool. Happy to take anyone's comments!



It was never about Japanese women and how these games make them feel when their boyfriends or other people are playing.

It's more of: Dating 2D characters worse than adultery. (For Japanese girls).

Truthfully most of the blame would go to the Japanese girls, their expectations are too high... (wut 6 million yen salary?)

I don't need to pray for the dating sims success, it's going to be popular amongst ronery otaku.


Gotcha. Sorry for any confusion. Nonetheless, interesting to me to see how people react to others playing the dating games and the comparisons to adultery or other "real life" relationships.

I agree with Cecil about some people getting so serious about these that they don't even leave the house or socialize. Women who might worry about their boyfriends getting too attached to a 2D woman should not be with those guys in the first place. Spend time with people you care about and who treat you with the same level of respect and you'll be happy!

It's going to be interesting with our game because we've been thinking about what I would call the "creepy user factor" (kinda referenced in this thread). The game has dating elements but nothing to the degree seen in many Japanese games.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
stupid it is when ppl are ridiculed for playing these types of games

i guess its just another sign that society aint progressing ...even if it is its so slow


w.e im getting this game if its in English hopefully it has some free stuff like record of agarest war and deathsmiles have
the boob mousepad is k i suppose dont really use it.
obviously its never gonna see the light of day in the us but w.e
2539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / \(= ー = )/ あなたの蜜...
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
Creepy... They always have a loli-type girl... thats really pedoish. This is how people start to rape people thinking they r going to have the same reactions to a big boobed 2D characters. Japan can be cool but this is sick.
149563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Aboard the Hyperion
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
I find this thing brilliant for the lulz. I mean what a nice addition to an already dynamic world. It may be absurd, but it's hillarious.
Posted 5/14/10

Aoi-Hana wrote:

Creepy... They always have a loli-type girl... thats really pedoish. This is how people start to rape people thinking they r going to have the same reactions to a big boobed 2D characters. Japan can be cool but this is sick.


o really? so that means i am a rapist?? the same goes for people that play games that are violent or over the top as well, fiction is fiction and this game is no different for that. It is however a cause for why men in japan are so depressed and have the need to lock them selves up not wanting to talk to other people also most girls in japan won't even date a normal guy that just watches anime because they think that's subhuman and gross and men need to make more money etc etc I could go on but that is way of topic. All in all it's just a game noting more nothing less, it will stay in japan just to let people know because we all know how America loves sex over violence >_>.
37460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
I like dating sims. And I don't see anything wrong with it.. =)
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
wait is this the game were that one guy married his ds girlfriend character ...it was on the news ....my mom literally looked at me and told me to hive her all my games ....
10455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / *insert location...
Offline
Posted 6/1/10
....well, it keep the sex offenders indoors.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 9/29/12
Locked because OP has nuked.

Anyone, feel free to recreate this topic as your own.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.