First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Racism, White Supremacy, Stereotypes & Hollywood
2273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/9/11
Quentin Tarantino is at it again plans to create his latest racist anti-black movie


http://www.ugo.com/movies/dicaprio-in-talks-to-appear-in-tarantinos-django-unchained

Leonardo DiCaprio is in talks to appear in Quentin Tarantino's next movie as the villainous Calvin Candie. The character runs a club/plantation in the deep south known as Candyland, where white patrons can exploit black women and watch black men fight one another to the death


just like is inglorious bastards which dehumanize blacks using the n-word this new movie again proves that KKKuentin Tarantino can only make movies where he can dehumanize blacks and get away with it. and other movie directors are following his footsteps allowing anti-black racism in thier movies
2330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/11
I've been reading the past few pages (going backwards starting from the most recent pages) and I must say, you deserve applause Shinto-male.

I've spent the past two hours reading the articles you've copied/pasted and you've piqued my curiosity on the topic of white supremacy and the topic of racism in our society.

Props to you, keep doing your thing bro.
Posted 6/10/11 , edited 6/10/11

cyanide4suicide wrote:

I've been reading the past few pages (going backwards starting from the most recent pages) and I must say, you deserve applause Shinto-male.

I've spent the past two hours reading the articles you've copied/pasted and you've piqued my curiosity on the topic of white supremacy and the topic of racism in our society.

Props to you, keep doing your thing bro.
Problem is, you should read his own expression regarding these stereotypes and preconceptions. After all in an ED forum, original contents are more important than merely reporting the facts. Otherwise, how can a society ever change for the better, without new ways to think about the human skin colors?

What's worst, without himself personally confronting and critiquing the social injustice that is racism, with his own thoughts and feelings. What he's doing is no different than someone without his own voice, due to self-censorship through fear of retribution. He's simply a propaganda machine, another messenger without a cause.
Posted 6/10/11
Interesting lecture.

but what of the Eskimo?

Inuit have dark skin because:

. They do not need to produce vitamin D, because they get it from their diet?
. The solar radiation that produces vitamin D in humans does not actually reach the Earth where the Inuit live – above 50 degrees latitude, that specific UV radiation filters out.
. But the harmful UV radiation still reaches the Earth for part of the year where the Inuit live and so they need darker pigmentation to protect them.
The Inuit legends descending from Mongol's whom had darkly pigmented skin?

I still shove Darwin aside and count how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...
Posted 6/10/11 , edited 6/10/11

RainyDayWoman wrote:

Interesting lecture.

but what of the Eskimo?

Inuit have dark skin because:

. They do not need to produce vitamin D, because they get it from their diet?
. The solar radiation that produces vitamin D in humans does not actually reach the Earth where the Inuit live – above 50 degrees latitude, that specific UV radiation filters out.
. But the harmful UV radiation still reaches the Earth for part of the year where the Inuit live and so they need darker pigmentation to protect them.
The Inuit legends descending from Mongol's whom had darkly pigmented skin?

I still shove Darwin aside and count how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...
What about them? When you didn't make any correlation about how your red herrings can have anything to do with the topic at hands, which is the unrealistic superstition known as racism. While Mongols themselves are a part of the human specie, just as how other cultural ethnicity are just that -fictional human imaginations not rooted in biology itself. How can your expression confront the social injustice known as racism, or right the wrongs that it is still causing? Fail to do so, and you're no different than the mainstream entertainment industry that's propagating fictions for their own benefits.

And within that failure, there's a lesson to be learned. Your imagination is lacking of challenge, so said JK Rowling.
5953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
потерян
Offline
Posted 6/10/11
I'm focusing more on the "Lady and The Tramp" article since I haven't seen the other movie.
When that movie was created, racisim was accepted as a joke.
Though now a days, many people would take offense if that were put into a more up to date movie.
But its seems like such a harmless movie that no one really notices it.
Thats all I have to say.
Disney was pretty fucked up back then.
If you look on Youtube, you can see how Disney has hidden symbols.
Like, the Devil sign, the word sex, and in the "Little Mermaids" video case cover, there was a screw up once
where a male organ was in the back ground as a building of Atlantis.

But yes, almost every movie is rasist in a small way.
But we really cannot stop it.
Posted 6/10/11 , edited 6/10/11

destinyyallene- wrote:

I'm focusing more on the "Lady and The Tramp" article since I haven't seen the other movie.
When that movie was created, racism was accepted as a joke.
Though now a days, many people would take offense if that were put into a more up to date movie.
But its seems like such a harmless movie that no one really notices it.
Thats all I have to say.
Disney was pretty fucked up back then.
If you look on Youtube, you can see how Disney has hidden symbols.
Like, the Devil sign, the word sex, and in the "Little Mermaids" video case cover, there was a screw up once
where a male organ was in the back ground as a building of Atlantis.

But yes, almost every movie is racist in a small way.
But we really cannot stop it.
Stop being what, ourselves being racists? Whoever said that your own attempt at confronting racism within the medias means nothing, simply because racism had turned into jokes, and thus more "acceptable"? Why suddenly it's normal to be racists, if we're just joking around like fools? I'm sure that some KKK's were all laughing and celebrating at what they did as who they are, simply because it made them felt good about themselves through what they did. Now you tell me, where's the justice in that?
Posted 6/10/11

shinto-male wrote:

Quentin Tarantino is at it again plans to create his latest racist anti-black movie


http://www.ugo.com/movies/dicaprio-in-talks-to-appear-in-tarantinos-django-unchained

Leonardo DiCaprio is in talks to appear in Quentin Tarantino's next movie as the villainous Calvin Candie. The character runs a club/plantation in the deep south known as Candyland, where white patrons can exploit black women and watch black men fight one another to the death


just like is inglorious bastards which dehumanize blacks using the n-word this new movie again proves that KKKuentin Tarantino can only make movies where he can dehumanize blacks and get away with it. and other movie directors are following his footsteps allowing anti-black racism in thier movies
How did you managed to interpret racism towards just one specific ethnicity in Inglorious Bastards? When the whole movie itself didn't feature the said ethnic background at all.

Moreover, while the new movie isn't out in theater, you're letting rumors and assumptions dictating your own judgment about something you had yet to see for yourself. Prejudice is very unbecoming, regardless of racism or otherwise.


destinyyallene- wrote:



I wasn't saying we can't stop being racist,
I'm saying we cannot stop the movie makers.
Stop twisting my words around you hobknocker.
Plus, I was referring to back in those days, Disney could crack a racist joke.
And no one took offense back then because it was harmless in that era.
And if they put it in a movie today, it would be offensive.
Not saying its acceptable moron.
Just pointing out that's how the joke go into the childrens movie without a complaint.
(Please note, hobknocker was just for me, I love that word.
Now go die in a hole.)
Aren't "movie makers" themselves a part of the human specie? What has caused the sudden physical change of their biological property, due to mere labeling alone? Are you so adored of the practice of labeling someone without sufficient justification? Without yourself realizing that's exactly how the racists make themselves feeling superior over others without justice.
5953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
потерян
Offline
Posted 6/10/11

Aren't "movie makers" themselves a part of the human specie? What has caused the sudden physical change of their biological property, due to mere labeling alone? Are you so adored of the practice of labeling someone without sufficient justification? Without yourself realizing that's exactly how the racists make themselves feeling superior over others without justice.


Can you control a human to do whatever you want,
Without black mail or other things of the sort?
No.
Therefore we cannot control the humans, often called movie markers.
Go and try to stop a director from making a racist movie.
See if you can actually get the human to stop.
Hey, just to point out.
Arguing with a teenager doesn't make your dick bigger.
c:


Posted 6/10/11
Dom,

I knew my last sentence would upset you..

but I need to find my own answers to things...

this is not the first time we have conversed..I have changed my persona due to other circumstances...

I cannot let go of the inborn teaching of a higher being...

J. K. Rowling has a wonderful talent....but I also have an imagination....

part of me wants to dance round a bonefire...

but this 'thing' in my head, teachings pounded into me since birth..
well

that is the way it goes..

one of these days you might be a sensei...so be that you can teach...

I look and listen...

pick up on others thoughts and ideas..
try to respect others for their own personal belief system..

I am a free thinker 99 per cent of the time..

and then wham!

the box

catches me..

probably makes no sense to you at all....


Posted 6/10/11

destinyyallene- wrote:



Can you control a human to do whatever you want,
Without black mail or other things of the sort?
No.
Therefore we cannot control the humans, often called movie markers.

Go and try to stop a director from making a racist movie.
See if you can actually get the human to stop.
Hey, just to point out.
Arguing with a teenager doesn't make your dick bigger.
c:
Obviously, you're unaware of the fact that is collective mind control. Just like how yourself managed to emulate senseless Internet bullying and abusive language as a defense mechanism.


RainyDayWoman wrote:

Dom,

I knew my last sentence would upset you..

but I need to find my own answers to things...

this is not the first time we have conversed..I have changed my persona due to other circumstances...

I cannot let go of the inborn teaching of a higher being...

J. K. Rowling has a wonderful talent....but I also have an imagination....

part of me wants to dance round a bonefire...

but this 'thing' in my head, teachings pounded into me since birth..
well

that is the way it goes..

one of these days you might be a sensei...so be that you can teach...

I look and listen...

pick up on others thoughts and ideas..
try to respect others for their own personal belief system..

I am a free thinker 99 per cent of the time..

and then wham!

the box

catches me
..

probably makes no sense to you at all....
The problem is an organized religion is by definition, not a "personal belief system" at all. Therefore you're but one voice, hoping to be accepted by others who're willing to share your own voice through theirs. While resonating along with the beat and inspiration of Mother Earth. It's not impossible for me to understand at all.
Posted 6/10/11

destinyyallene- wrote:

Hey, I'm not the thirty year old arguing with a teenager.
c:
And now the straw man fallacy, how unwittingly vain of you. When there are smarter 12 year old and sociable 9 year old in real life, that can make you look like a privileged and entitled Internet brat, using her youthful inexperience as an excuse for everything she did. So what's your point?
Posted 6/10/11 , edited 6/10/11
This is an Extended Discussion forum. It is a place for users to state their opinions and debate or "argue" various topics, some of which users might be very passionate about. This topic might be one of those especially.

Ad hominem attacks sour things for everyone. There is no reason to create bad blood over
opinions, no matter how strong they may be.

That said, racism in film has been and sill is an immense problem. Sure, we can't just stop filmmakers from creating
such material. The First Amendment guarantees the right to produce it. However, that doesn't make it acceptable.
As a society, we can refuse to buy into those products or ideas and thus the market for it will slowly fade away.
Probably not completely, but it's something.

I am interested in other users opinions on a very related subject. What do you think of racism in film being presented
in a satirical form? Such as in a manner to make racists/racism look ridiculous?
Posted 6/10/11

destinyyallene- wrote:



What ever man, ya know I gotta go.
Gotta get ready.
Having a BBQ.
Having a life.
Their really nice, ya know.
You should get one.
Instead of trying to prove to everyone how smart you are.
No one cares about intelligence in the end.
Only money, power, and sex.
The life of a quitter in confrontation towards racism in Hollywood, no less. Made apparent by your first post here.
Posted 6/10/11 , edited 6/10/11

giganticrobot wrote:

This is an Extended Discussion forum. It is a place for users of to state their opinions and debate or "argue" various topics, some of which users might be very passionate about. This topic might be one of those especially.

Ad hominem attacks sour things for everyone. There is no reason to create bad blood over
opinions, no matter how strong they may be.

That said, racism in film has been and sill is an immense problem. Sure, we can't just stop filmmakers from creating
such material. The First Amendment guarantees the right to produce it. However, that doesn't make it acceptable.
As a society, we can refuse to buy into those products or ideas and thus the market for it will slowly fade away.
Probably not completely, but it's something.

I am interested in other users opinions on a very related subject. What do you think of racism in film being presented
in a satirical form? Such as in a manner to make racists/racism look ridiculous?
One of such indie film production was IMHO District 9, which quite ingeniously removed the political and legal stigmas associated with racism, by introducing a conceptualization of what a different alien race should be. Because suddenly, there's a whole race of intelligent beings, that's not recognized by the concept of the Universal Human Rights Charter. However, at the end of all those intentional chaos and exploitation due to racial segregation, was it all worth it? Within the context of honoring, respecting, and exemplifying humanity themselves as rational and conscience beings.
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.