First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What is a soul?
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/10
What exactly is this soul thing of mine that is supposed to 'burn in hell'?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/7/10
what evidence do we have for a soul..
First we have to describe what a soul is...
than we have to demonstrate that it is there...
using evidence.


till then..

The concept of a soul is illogical.
Posted 5/7/10 , edited 5/7/10
^Didn't really answer the question.

A soul by religious context, is an eternal part of a living being held to be separate from the body. When a person dies, it is said that the physical body rots away, while the soul lives on afterward. The soul is then judged and depending on the person's actions during the time they were alive, is either sent to heaven or hell.

Although, there are others beliefs consisting that the soul is reincarnated in the next life or simply lives on forever. Supposedly a soul also exists in inanimate objects such as rivers, trees, plants, etc. even animals. It's very interesting, really.

Posted 5/7/10
Pretty much what LosingOrbit said.
Posted 5/7/10
A soul is something that idiots who post stupid threads don't have.

/thread
Posted 5/8/10 , edited 5/8/10

orangeflute wrote:

What exactly is this soul thing of mine that is supposed to 'burn in hell'?
Words are useless. When I can show you just what it means to have a burning yet tortured soul, with an expression that's known as the greatest Gundam Fight in history!



Now can you feel a man's burning soul suffers at his very own sorrow through his fist? That man is none other than Master Asia, the Undefeated of the East.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/10

DomFortress wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

What exactly is this soul thing of mine that is supposed to 'burn in hell'?
Words are useless. When I can show you just what it means to have a burning yet tortured soul, with an expression that's known as the greatest Gundam Fight in history!



Now can you feel a man's burning soul suffers at his very own sorrow through his fist? That man is none other than Master Asia, the Undefeated of the East.


Kind of sad how he loses to a kid who keeps on spamming a single move. Must be that he went easy on him.
Posted 5/8/10 , edited 5/9/10

orangeflute wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

What exactly is this soul thing of mine that is supposed to 'burn in hell'?
Words are useless. When I can show you just what it means to have a burning yet tortured soul, with an expression that's known as the greatest Gundam Fight in history!



Now can you feel a man's burning soul suffers at his very own sorrow through his fist? That man is none other than Master Asia, the Undefeated of the East.


Kind of sad how he loses to a kid who keeps on spamming a single move. Must be that he went easy on him.
I think you missed the point, when Master Asia had in fact encouraged Domon to defeat him, in order to prove that Domon's indeed right about the nature of humanity. That, along with the fact that Master Asia had known that he's dying, combined with the sorrowful fate that's the Gundam Fight's destructive nature, had all but crushed his hope for himself and his view about humanity. So he thought that the only chance at atoning for his sin was to complete the Dark Gundam, using the strongest Gundam Fighter as the ideal host for the DG program: to purify Earth through total eradication of the human race.

However, in the end Master Asia's relationship as Domon's mentor was the only humane thing that's left within him, for he never regretted about choosing Domon to become his successor, both as the future King of Heart and the new champion of the 13th Gundam Fight Tournament. And only a kind person with a gentle soul is capable of feeling sorrow, but even such individual is capable of doing horrible things when the situation seems hopeless.

Therefore a young successor with hope for humanity became the one true atonement for Master Asia's soul, and he knew it for himself that there's nothing more he can teach Domon, 'less he ends up destroying that hope. This is one fight that for the betterment of humanity he must not win, otherwise the younger generation will be doomed by his foolishness.

Looks like you still need a bit more soul searching, so that you'll know for yourself just what a soul is. Until then you still got lots to learn.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 5/9/10
I'm with Darkphoenix. By discussing what 'soul' or a 'soul' is, you engage in either intellectual perversion or groundless banter.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/9/10 , edited 5/9/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

^Didn't really answer the question.

A soul by religious context, is an eternal part of a living being held to be separate from the body. When a person dies, it is said that the physical body rots away, while the soul lives on afterward. The soul is then judged and depending on the person's actions during the time they were alive, is either sent to heaven or hell.

Although, there are others beliefs consisting that the soul is reincarnated in the next life or simply lives on forever. Supposedly a soul also exists in inanimate objects such as rivers, trees, plants, etc. even animals. It's very interesting, really.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59VT8FCA66o&playnext_from=TL&videos=jkYtN9yByjM&feature=sub

so wen I have to brake it down to you what is a soul.. how I see it its that primitive part of the brain that controls emotions but not the evolve part that controls rationality.

Is this term of what are soul is works for you better?

Because I am a scientist I am wired to gather evidence and facts for anything before I make a claim..
And so its a fact that its the task to describe what a soul is and prove it before we can debate about the soul. (In the ED.)



DerfelCadarn wrote:

I'm with Darkphoenix. By discussing what 'soul' or a 'soul' is, you engage in either intellectual perversion or groundless banter.


Thanks.

1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:

I'm with Darkphoenix. By discussing what 'soul' or a 'soul' is, you engage in either intellectual perversion or groundless banter.


The definition of a soul is nessesary for any religious debate, and even certain political debates.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/9/10 , edited 5/9/10

orangeflute wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

I'm with Darkphoenix. By discussing what 'soul' or a 'soul' is, you engage in either intellectual perversion or groundless banter.


The definition of a soul is nessesary for any religious debate, and even certain political debates.


Trouble is no one is has yet to show what A soul is.. and so the debate is going no where. The concept of the soul is still not proven, nor is needed to exist and so, if their is a soul evidence must be found, and research must be don.

SO
It is illogical to debate about what a soul is.

Till we have evidence for a soul..

Otherwise are debate is with no merit.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
When you figure that one out please enlighten me.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 5/14/10
if you will compare it to a computer, a soul is like an operating system. You may have all the hardware (physical body), softwares (intellectual part) but all of it works because of an OS
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 5/15/10

alupihan45 wrote:

if you will compare it to a computer, a soul is like an operating system. You may have all the hardware (physical body), softwares (intellectual part) but all of it works because of an OS


The striking difference, however, is that we have empirically observed computers and so we know they exist.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.