First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Anarchism
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/10/10

orangeflute wrote:

Every political discussion always lead back to the same arguments about Socialism/Communism, the various Political Parties, &c. And, yet, there is little attentioned paid to Anarchism, a political theory just as valid as any. What are your opinions on Anarchism, do you view it in a positive or negative light, and why?


Do you not mean rebels without a clue? Or people who are looking for a fight and generally do nothing.
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/10
In my opinion, I don't like any of it. I would prefer anarchism but only if I was an absolute king. (obviously) I won't speak for everyone, but many prefer power, greed, and whatever they want. If you give a man too much power, he will abuse it. Of course, I'm not as dumb as to go overboard, because a country is not a country if you do not have people in it. It's just the part where I can order free donuts as much as I want
gorbal 
44827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / F / Portland Maine
Offline
Posted 5/13/10 , edited 5/13/10
Before I get into arguing I will just state my experience with anarchists- they are all different and have different views so I can't really argue about the philosophy itself. They are often very kind intelligent and well mannered, as long as you don't say positive things about policemen. (well I'm sure their opinions aren't all the same here but I have learned not to broach the subject)
Posted 5/13/10

gorbal wrote:

Before I get into arguing I will just state my experience with anarchists- they are all different and have different views so I can't really argue about the philosophy itself. They are often very kind intelligent and well mannered, as long as you don't say positive things about policemen. (well I'm sure their opinions aren't all the same here but I have learned not to broach the subject)
In other words, anarchists have a negative annotation towards those law-enforcing individuals, when they don't need it for themselves. Fascinating.

I was often been told by my older relatives to either join the military or police force, because I physically looked like an opposing individual due to my self-implied fitness training. However I personally hated the idea of myself being a law enforcer, when I like the idea of self-discipline in the first place. To me, having myself being in the military or police force is a violation of my own principle.

Furthermore, I like the idea of myself becoming either a social worker or a sociologist. By that definition I'm more interested of an ideal society that requires fewer policy enforcers, with more community volunteers.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/13/10
You have run into the upper end of anarchists I have met several like you mentioned, On the hand met plenty that hate cops. there trouble makers there that fringe that hang around peaceful protest and do hurt others. I wished the media would point these guys out to where the police can take out the trash. then again i seen far more hurtful action from the left then the right. from defacing property to killing why dose that never show up in the news.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/10

tarakelly wrote:

You have run into the upper end of anarchists I have met several like you mentioned, On the hand met plenty that hate cops. there trouble makers there that fringe that hang around peaceful protest and do hurt others. I wished the media would point these guys out to where the police can take out the trash. then again i seen far more hurtful action from the left then the right. from defacing property to killing why dose that never show up in the news.


Far far more, innit? With rednecks carry guns as close as possible to Washington DC and threatening death to several prominent Democrats. I even recall some very friendly rocks thrown amicably into the windows of several moderately liberal politicians, with blithe and merry messages to the effect of 'DIE SCUM!' Aren't rightist so peaceful.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/23/10
Please show the evidence the far left have bomb police building sky resort up in Rockies. Dose the mean justify the out come. If such behavior did happen from the right they best hope i am not on the jury. Buy the redneck tend to be blue collar works that vote for Democrats maybe should meet some. Democrat had proof it would be all over then and a man hunt would be going on. Just remember anything said on the house floor and senate floor can be a bald face lie and can not be touched. I do not condone that behavior on any side. By the I am a (Libertarian) at hart as far as I am concerned both parties could disappear and i would not care.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/10

tarakelly wrote:

Please show the evidence the far left have bomb police building sky resort up in Rockies. Dose the mean justify the out come. If such behavior did happen from the right they best hope i am not on the jury. Buy the redneck tend to be blue collar works that vote for Democrats maybe should meet some. Democrat had proof it would be all over then and a man hunt would be going on. Just remember anything said on the house floor and senate floor can be a bald face lie and can not be touched. I do not condone that behavior on any side. By the I am a (Libertarian) at hart as far as I am concerned both parties could disappear and i would not care.


Red-necks, democrat? You jest, madam. They are the most Conservative sort of Republican.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/23/10

orangeflute wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

You have run into the upper end of anarchists I have met several like you mentioned, On the hand met plenty that hate cops. there trouble makers there that fringe that hang around peaceful protest and do hurt others. I wished the media would point these guys out to where the police can take out the trash. then again i seen far more hurtful action from the left then the right. from defacing property to killing why dose that never show up in the news.


Far far more, innit? With rednecks carry guns as close as possible to Washington DC and threatening death to several prominent Democrats. I even recall some very friendly rocks thrown amicably into the windows of several moderately liberal politicians, with blithe and merry messages to the effect of 'DIE SCUM!' Aren't rightist so peaceful.


Lol you mean the brick that was thrown into the office window on the 30th floor ? That guy must have has one hell of an arm.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/23/10 , edited 5/23/10
I did do working in all sort of factorys, the place I have been I have notice far more predigest against black and the do vote democrat unions remember those things. Buy the way the word redneck came from a miners war northern miners tried to force union down here when the shooting started the southerns wore a red scarf to show which side they where on. The unions came down here with machine guns just your peacefully blue collar worker. As of now it basically mean people who work out doors red neck from sun burn. Just maybe keeping an open mined because booth side are wrong. I cannot stand the far right nor the far left. And i been around big money people as well they just want the best for the job to make money. heck down here black are prudgust with black, to many forman have told me they will hire a migrent or a caucasion before the will hire another black. The normal reason given they are looking for slack on the job
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

tarakelly wrote:

I did do working in all sort of factorys, the place I have been I have notice far more predigest against black and the do vote democrat unions remember those things. Buy the way the word redneck came from a miners war northern miners tried to force union down here when the shooting started the southerns wore a red scarf to show which side they where on. The unions came down here with machine guns just your peacefully blue collar worker. As of now it basically mean people who work out doors red neck from sun burn. Just maybe keeping an open mined because booth side are wrong. I cannot stand the far right nor the far left. And i been around big money people as well they just want the best for the job to make money. heck down here black are prudgust with black, to many forman have told me they will hire a migrent or a caucasion before the will hire another black. The normal reason given they are looking for slack on the job


So you do admit that you are wrong on the issues of 'Leftists are of the most violent sort'.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/31/10
Well people against global economy environmentalist bowling up police station killing cops one group blew a ski range resort. I will admit the lone wolf killing in the name abortion I would hand then again any body kill or destroying property should be punished. for what ever reason. During one of the Anti Illegal demonstration a group going home was attacked no death only hit the back pages news. Please do not say bigots vote right i meet to many that vote democrat. The JFK democrat was somebody that did use facts and could talk to Blue Dog but under pressure they become Yellow dog Nancy and Reed using the lose of funding if they do not vote down party lines is the norm Tip O'Neil had allot more class then that. Remember the news has become very left. I like Fox and CNN sometimes but after 5 pm I just turn it off. Personally would like a third party come into the power.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

orangeflute wrote:

So you do admit that you are wrong on the issues of 'Leftists are of the most violent sort'.


What about the leftists who were saying "Kill bush" && "Bush is a disease the cure is death" and all that stuff.

Plus communists are leftists and they just sabotaged some train tracks in India derailed a train and killed a 100+ people.

Google Naxalites && Communist Party of India && Maoism) So leftist can be just as violent.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

Allhailodin wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

So you do admit that you are wrong on the issues of 'Leftists are of the most violent sort'.


What about the leftists who were saying "Kill bush" && "Bush is a disease the cure is death" and all that stuff.

Plus communists are leftists and they just sabotaged some train tracks in India derailed a train and killed a 100+ people.

Google Naxalites && Communist Party of India && Maoism) So leftist can be just as violent.


And rightist Pinochet murdered millions, and the Right wing death squads of South America are not the most agreeable to our consitutions. My point is that not all leftist are violent bastards as Miss Tarakelly makes them to be, and that rightist are not peaceful either.
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 5/31/10 , edited 5/31/10

orangeflute wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

So you do admit that you are wrong on the issues of 'Leftists are of the most violent sort'.


What about the leftists who were saying "Kill bush" && "Bush is a disease the cure is death" and all that stuff.

Plus communists are leftists and they just sabotaged some train tracks in India derailed a train and killed a 100+ people.

Google Naxalites && Communist Party of India && Maoism) So leftist can be just as violent.


And rightist Pinochet murdered millions, and the Right wing death squads of South America are not the most agreeable to our consitutions. My point is that not all leftist are violent bastards as Miss Tarakelly makes them to be, and that rightist are not peaceful either.



Augusto Pinochet ? Of Chile ?

He only killed somewhere around 1,000 - 3000 people. Not millions. Chile only has around 16 million people, no dictator is crazy enough to cut his population by 1/16th. You'd have to be just stupid to do that. Hell even Stalin didn't do that. And he commited the Great Purge.

And not all rightist are monarchs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.