First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What sort of a God(s) do you believe in?
Posted 7/3/10
I don't know anymore... to me the idea of God is nothing but a mystery.

I don't think of God as a human entity or any entity as others describe.

It could be anything or could even be a revelation or even sets of answers...



76346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/3/10

DrifterZ0 wrote:

I don't know anymore... to me the idea of God is nothing but a mystery.

I don't think of God as a human entity or any entity as others describe.

It could be anything or could even be a revelation or even sets of answers...





I think that might be Gnosticism.. but I could be wrong. I know they come in a number of flavours.

such as the 'god is dead' types. and the ones who believe he's just in a cosmic intensive care unit suffering from a coma.

66207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 7/3/10
Did you call? That whenever referees to god that my answer. Play's with their head some then all get all sorts of trash back. This is fun. If there is such a thing, it not in man image to go through all this crap to meet some ass hole that in image of man that twisted.
Posted 7/4/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


DrifterZ0 wrote:

I don't know anymore... to me the idea of God is nothing but a mystery.

I don't think of God as a human entity or any entity as others describe.

It could be anything or could even be a revelation or even sets of answers...





I think that might be Gnosticism.. but I could be wrong. I know they come in a number of flavours.

such as the 'god is dead' types. and the ones who believe he's just in a cosmic intensive care unit suffering from a coma.



Coma could be worse...

What could it be different to those who seek for answers?
76346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/4/10 , edited 7/4/10

DrifterZ0 wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


DrifterZ0 wrote:

I don't know anymore... to me the idea of God is nothing but a mystery.

I don't think of God as a human entity or any entity as others describe.

It could be anything or could even be a revelation or even sets of answers...





I think that might be Gnosticism.. but I could be wrong. I know they come in a number of flavours.

such as the 'god is dead' types. and the ones who believe he's just in a cosmic intensive care unit suffering from a coma.



Coma could be worse...

What could it be different to those who seek for answers?


Not sure But a google search of Gnosticism might give you a few clues. I'd do it myself but I've already found my label... and it includes the word apathy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Hmmm... Seems Gnosticism is more organised than I thought... maybe you're a deist or a theist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism


Posted 7/4/10


Gnosticism is new to me nor I agree with its belief. I am nowhere close to it... Rather I am closer in becoming an Atheist. But living in a Christian nation how the hell could I breathe easier?

I only thought of putting a little bit of logic and reason like some Medieval Saints I heard Saint Augustine and Saint Thomas I could put some harmony in my reasoning but crap to no avail it only confused me.

Seriously, I never heard of Gnosticism before... nor even like it.
76346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/4/10 , edited 7/4/10

DrifterZ0 wrote:



Gnosticism is new to me nor I agree with its belief. I am nowhere close to it... Rather I am closer in becoming an Atheist. But living in a Christian nation how the hell could I breathe easier?

I only thought of putting a little bit of logic and reason like some Medieval Saints I heard Saint Augustine and Saint Thomas I could put some harmony in my reasoning but crap to no avail it only confused me.

Seriously, I never heard of Gnosticism before... nor even like it.


I think peter wrote a letter to them.

I also think I used a malapropism. theism or deism might be more correct. Agnostism is less of an Atheist's insistance that there is no god and more of a 'shrug... unproven." Apathetic Agnosticism says. "There may or may not be a god, and I don't really give a damn"

As for where you live. it's called religious freedom. Which. (With the exception of casual conversation like here) I treat as the freedom to keep my mouth shut about my beliefs. I don't have to tell you my beliefs to secure a job or be admitted into club. And If I would rather not, I shouldn't have to listen to yours. THAT is religious freedom IMO.


14779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / My house
Offline
Posted 7/4/10
Zeus
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 7/4/10
I'm pretty sure Spongebob is the lord and creator of our universe, and if you disagree then you are in denial and unable to think logically.
4933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / France
Offline
Posted 7/4/10
Jesus
16215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In a little box i...
Offline
Posted 7/15/10
I myself believe in the gaia hypothesis but who really knows,no one knows till its time and then who has come back to tell us all what it really is !!
1718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 7/15/10
Emperor of the mankind!
15956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Wilmington NC
Offline
Posted 7/15/10
There is no god.
Posted 7/16/10
He Who Walks Behind the Rows
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 7/16/10
I personally believe in the almighty super atom which arose from nothing and became the universe that we know of today. It does not think, feel or interfere with any life in the universe it simply exists or existed.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.