First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
French
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

3- Jesus was English.


Oh man, that's a funny joke. Tell another one.


It is not impossible to be a Jew and English.
43121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leeds, UK
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
O_O English wasn't a language untill 1500AD like that's a long time after Jesus. Guy is crazy I give up.
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
I believe in you orangeflute, you tell them whats what!
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

PoD2009 wrote:

O_O English wasn't a language untill 1500AD like that's a long time after Jesus. Guy is crazy I give up.


You can't prove a language exist until it is a written language, that said, 1500 AD is the time when we transcribe God's language with the Latin alphabet, and not when it was first spoken.
Posted 5/16/10

PoD2009 wrote:

O_O English wasn't a language untill 1500AD like that's a long time after Jesus. Guy is crazy I give up.


I think this is fun, really. Like it's all just so wrong it's just hilarious. I can't believe that it's even been going on for more than two hours, too XD It's absolutely ridiculous.

Being an anglophonic person who aspires to learn different languages, I can truthfully say that English is very VERY far from being divine in nature, considering it's grammatical nonsensicality, it's inconsistancy concerning things like silent letters, i's after e's and "sometimes y's". It's also backwards, and the second hardest language to learn, topped only by the one where you have to make clicking noises.

I speak English, and of all the languages, I seriously think it is the stupidest, because it makes learning languages so incredibly difficult, and makes me feel like an idiot when I'm ordering McDonald's in Montreal.

Also, French isn't evil, and you really have no proof that it is.
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
come on orange, show them they are wrong!
43121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leeds, UK
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
O_O Haha I know English is so weird, its made up from so many different languages its rules are just stupid. ^_^ I want to learn French, my Girlfriend speaks it fluently. I will make her teach me XD.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach wrote:


PoD2009 wrote:

O_O English wasn't a language untill 1500AD like that's a long time after Jesus. Guy is crazy I give up.


I think this is fun, really. Like it's all just so wrong it's just hilarious. I can't believe that it's even been going on for more than two hours, too XD It's absolutely ridiculous.

Being an anglophonic person who aspires to learn different languages, I can truthfully say that English is very VERY far from being divine in nature, considering it's grammatical nonsensicality, it's inconsistancy concerning things like silent letters, i's after e's and "sometimes y's". It's also backwards, and the second hardest language to learn, topped only by the one where you have to make clicking noises.

I speak English, and of all the languages, I seriously think it is the stupidest, because it makes learning languages so incredibly difficult, and makes me feel like an idiot when I'm ordering McDonald's in Montreal.

Also, French isn't evil, and you really have no proof that it is.


French is the language of hell and damnation! Have you ever watch a movie, and you see the flamboyant French aristocrat planning on using his Gallic witchery to seduce the hero's love interest? That is proof enough!
48613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Brooklyn, New York
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
The English language, like any language, is reflection of the history of the people who speak it. Thus English is heavily influenced by the French language, as England and France have been in each others business for over a thousand years. Some say close to 30% of English words have some French origin.
Check it out...

Foreign language influences in English

List of English words of French origin
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

French is the language of hell and damnation! Have you ever watch a movie, and you see the flamboyant French aristocrat planning on using his Gallic witchery to seduce the hero's love interest? That is proof enough!


BAM! for the win

1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
English has lots of complex rules, so what? God needs barriers betwixt heathens and Christains. English orthography does not correspond its phonetics? Such things only make a language dull.

It usurp French's position as lingua franca despite all this against its favour, all this 'hindrance', doesn't this alone prove its superiority?
Posted 5/16/10

PoD2009 wrote:

O_O Haha I know English is so weird, its made up from so many different languages its rules are just stupid. ^_^ I want to learn French, my Girlfriend speaks it fluently. I will make her teach me XD.


Lol, you'd probably be better off yeah immersing yourself in it like that, and speaking it frequently with someone else who can. It's so crummy XD here they had me "learning" it from grade 4, and I took it all the way through highschool even though you can drop it in gr 10. I have near perfect grammar and can read on basically a 4th grade french level--better than most--and can understand most of whant a French person is saying to me, but I cannot for the love of all that is good speak it. XD I have no linguistic skills at all 'cause I wasn't in French immersion XD Also, for some reason the school system taught me the French they speak in France, and not the seemingly more practical Canadien version of French that they use in my very own country XD it's so different! It's like I have to learn all over again! XD

Though I love Freanch. It's almost like the words you choose can have so much more meaning, and I find even that it's easier to write poetry in French than I find in English, only because English words can get interpereted so differently.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach wrote:


PoD2009 wrote:

O_O Haha I know English is so weird, its made up from so many different languages its rules are just stupid. ^_^ I want to learn French, my Girlfriend speaks it fluently. I will make her teach me XD.


Lol, you'd probably be better off yeah immersing yourself in it like that, and speaking it frequently with someone else who can. It's so crummy XD here they had me "learning" it from grade 4, and I took it all the way through highschool even though you can drop it in gr 10. I have near perfect grammar and can read on basically a 4th grade french level--better than most--and can understand most of whant a French person is saying to me, but I cannot for the love of all that is good speak it. XD I have no linguistic skills at all 'cause I wasn't in French immersion XD Also, for some reason the school system taught me the French they speak in France, and not the seemingly more practical Canadien version of French that they use in my very own country XD it's so different! It's like I have to learn all over again! XD

Though I love Freanch. It's almost like the words you choose can have so much more meaning, and I find even that it's easier to write poetry in French than I find in English, only because English words can get interpereted so differently.


Take my advice, love, you should learn Gealige instead!
Posted 5/16/10

orangeflute wrote:

French is the language of hell and damnation! Have you ever watch a movie, and you see the flamboyant French aristocrat planning on using his Gallic witchery to seduce the hero's love interest? That is proof enough!


Oh my goodness. Did you honestly just try to prove a point using stuff you see in the movies? That's...adorable.

Also I have honestly never seen a movie like that XD I think maybe that happened in Hunchback of Notre Dame, but honestly that guy wasn't very seductive. XD
Posted 5/16/10

orangeflute wrote:

Take my advice, love, you should learn Gealige instead!


Yeah but the cashier that the MacDonald's in Montreal doesn't speak Gealige, so how am I gonna get a burger with that?

Also, only my boyfriend and lesbian crushes get to call me "love".
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.