First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
French
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach Oh my goodness. Did you honestly just try to prove a point using stuff you see in the movies? That's...adorable.

Also I have honestly never seen a movie like that XD I think maybe that happened in Hunchback of Notre Dame, but honestly that guy wasn't very seductive. XD


you dare belittle his valid argument?!
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach Yeah but the cashier that the MacDonald's in Montreal doesn't speak Gealige, so how am I gonna get a burger with that?

Also, only my boyfriend and lesbian crushes get to call me "love".


can...I...call you love?!
Posted 5/16/10

sirc13 wrote:


MR_Leach Oh my goodness. Did you honestly just try to prove a point using stuff you see in the movies? That's...adorable.

Also I have honestly never seen a movie like that XD I think maybe that happened in Hunchback of Notre Dame, but honestly that guy wasn't very seductive. XD


you dare belittle his valid argument?!


You're pretty funny too, guy.

Okay, welp, I've had fun, you guys, but I need to stop wasting my time and go to sleep.

Bon soir~!
Posted 5/16/10

sirc13 wrote:


MR_Leach Yeah but the cashier that the MacDonald's in Montreal doesn't speak Gealige, so how am I gonna get a burger with that?

Also, only my boyfriend and lesbian crushes get to call me "love".


can...I...call you love?!


Are you a sexy, curvy young aspiring lesbian?

If not, then no.

Well, maybe, if you say pretty please...in French.
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach

You're pretty funny too, guy.

Okay, welp, I've had fun, you guys, but I need to stop wasting my time and go to sleep.

Bon soir~!


good night! it was fun!
43121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leeds, UK
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach wrote:


PoD2009 wrote:

O_O Haha I know English is so weird, its made up from so many different languages its rules are just stupid. ^_^ I want to learn French, my Girlfriend speaks it fluently. I will make her teach me XD.


Lol, you'd probably be better off yeah immersing yourself in it like that, and speaking it frequently with someone else who can. It's so crummy XD here they had me "learning" it from grade 4, and I took it all the way through highschool even though you can drop it in gr 10. I have near perfect grammar and can read on basically a 4th grade french level--better than most--and can understand most of whant a French person is saying to me, but I cannot for the love of all that is good speak it. XD I have no linguistic skills at all 'cause I wasn't in French immersion XD Also, for some reason the school system taught me the French they speak in France, and not the seemingly more practical Canadien version of French that they use in my very own country XD it's so different! It's like I have to learn all over again! XD

Though I love Freanch. It's almost like the words you choose can have so much more meaning, and I find even that it's easier to write poetry in French than I find in English, only because English words can get interpereted so differently.


I learnt some at high school for 2 years so I can remember some of the basics but I haven't even tried to learn it for at least 5 years. I might see if I can get a job in a bar there this summer, well that's my gf's idea... me working in France all summer so she can come too... ¬_¬ I don't know if I will though, I mean it would be a good experience and good immersion in the language. But I do already have a job in the UK though and its pretty good pay considering i'm also a student. :\ French is a pretty language, it cant be evil!
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10 , edited 5/16/10

MR_Leach

Are you a sexy, curvy young aspiring lesbian?

If not, then no.

Well, maybe, if you say pretty please...in French.


Well Im not curvy, or a lesbian...and I forgot alll the french I learned...but I can do this!

Posted 5/16/10

PoD2009 wrote:

I learnt some at high school for 2 years so I can remember some of the basics but I haven't even tried to learn it for at least 5 years. I might see if I can get a job in a bar there this summer, well that's my gf's idea... me working in France all summer so she can come too... ¬_¬ I don't know if I will though, I mean it would be a good experience and good immersion in the language. But I do already have a job in the UK though and its pretty good pay considering i'm also a student. :\ French is a pretty language, it cant be evil!


OH MAN YOU WORK-- Okay, uber jealous here. I've never been to the UK or Europe and have always wanted to go.
On that subject though XD yeah I've thought about working in a place like Ottowa where I don't HAVE to speak Frecnh, but I can still try XD Though, it's an expensive place.
Posted 5/16/10

sirc13 wrote:

Well Im not curvy, or a lesbian...and I forgot alll the french I learned...but I can do this!



Hahaha XD Okay, but only because you're adorable, and didn't go all psycho-sacrilige on me X3

But not Orangeflute. You are banned. >:[ lol
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach

Hahaha XD Okay, but only because you're adorable, and didn't go all psycho-sacrilige on me X3

But not Orangeflute. You are banned. >:[ lol


Yay! Im adorable and not banned!

Posted 5/16/10

sirc13 wrote:


MR_Leach

Hahaha XD Okay, but only because you're adorable, and didn't go all psycho-sacrilige on me X3

But not Orangeflute. You are banned. >:[ lol


Yay! Im adorable and not banned!



C'est ma plaisir! Vous etes trop mignon, love~! X3
10159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / honolulu
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach

C'est ma plaisir! Vous etes trop mignon, love~! X3


I dunno what that says...but yay anyway night night
309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In your closet
Offline
Posted 5/16/10
cuz french is classy.
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / under the same sky
Offline
Posted 5/16/10 , edited 5/16/10
i think the french language is beautiful and romantic. though me thinks it is too hard for me to learn and say...


Adila_Kitty wrote:

cuz french is classy.


oh yeahh
43121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leeds, UK
Offline
Posted 5/16/10

MR_Leach wrote:

OH MAN YOU WORK-- Okay, uber jealous here. I've never been to the UK or Europe and have always wanted to go.
On that subject though XD yeah I've thought about working in a place like Ottowa where I don't HAVE to speak Frecnh, but I can still try XD Though, it's an expensive place.


Yeah my rent is so much its like almost all of my pay each month, then there's internet and electricity and food haha everything is expensive but I also get a student loan ^_^.
The closest I have been to Canada is New York O_O so not been very close. I will go there some day, I have been lots of places in Eurpoe though. Europe is amazing there're so many different cultures so close together. I want to see the rest of the world so much though. Especially Japan and Brazil and Mexico.
You should do it! if you already know a lot of the language as soon as you become more confident speaking it you will improve superfast! just learn to live off like no money and you will be fine!
Its past 6am and I only just finished my essay I should stop procrastinating so much!

to carry on with the topic of the forum English isn't that special so many people speak it its pretty common not special common. Woo bed time!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.