First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
What are some of your best beauty secrets/tips?
Posted 7/25/10
Fruit, Fish, Veg and TAEKWONDO!!!!

You won't get a better workout than 1 hour of Taekwondo or other combat sports, a massive 300 calories is burned in just half an hour.

You can't change from the outside, its all the effort you put in on the inside that really makes a difference.



1410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/25/10
i play badminton...
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A rainy paradise...
Offline
Posted 7/25/10
- Drink lots of water, pure water...beverages don't count. Also, adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to water does wonders. The pure lemon juice that comes in containers don't count.

- Sometimes the dark circles under your eyes are not due to a lack of sleep, but an iron + vitamin K deficiency. This seems to be more common in girls than guys. Red meat is a great source of iron. If you're not getting proper sleep...then it IS due to a lack of sleep. Length and the quality of your sleep are both important. Sleep when it's dark and be awake when it's light out. If you stay up till 2 or 4 am every morning and then sleep into the afternoon, it's going to mess with your body's natural processes.

- Properly moisturize when your face is clean, helps prevents your skin from overcompensating in excess oil production.
Moisturizers - Opt for water based (it's clear), not cream based. This allows your pores to breathe better, less chance of clogging. Know your skin type: Combination (Oily T-Zone), Oily, Dry, Normal, Sensitive. Buy your care products accordingly.

- Health and Beauty radiates from the inside out. You can use various treatments for your skin. If you don't eat right, it's not going to work.

Everyone is different, you need to find out how your body works and find out what it needs and what it can't handle.

Some people:
- have break outs from dairy products, cutting this one thing out helps their skin improve.
- have break outs from sugar, cutting anything with sugar in it (including fruit juices and milk) will clear up their skin and help them lose a lot of weight
- can eat just about anything and be perfectly fine
- are sensitive to certain types of fats. Their skin gets more oily when they eat fatty foods.
- And etc...try experimenting with various factors.

- Eat a lot of raw green vegetables, as much as you can every meal. Broccoli, celery, spinach, cucumbers (although it's a fruit), etc. If there is just 1 tip I can give, it is to drink water with freshly squeezed lemon and eat lots of raw greens. If you can, let these vegetables make up 60-80% of your meals. It is important that they are raw. The results will speak for itself.

Lastly - Excercise

Proper exercise can transform your body. However, in terms of weight loss, it will only produce about 20% of the results (or even none of it), while proper diet will produce over 80%. Sadly, most people are clueless about both of these areas...it's even worse if they think they know, but they actually got the whole thing wrong.

There are 2 forms of exercises that are important. Aerobic and Anaerobic.

Aerobic - Term comes from Latin, 'Requiring/Uses Air'. Running or biking is great. Do HIIT, by far the most effective means. It stands for High Intensity Interval Training, look into it if you're interested in a better way of doing cardio. 15 mins of this is all you need a day.

Anaerobic - Or Resistance Training, lifting weights. I often hear girls being paranoid about getting big muscles. It's nothing to worry about because it's impossible without steroid use. Women can't build muscle the same way men can. Lower levels of testosterone and HGH make it impossible. However, there are great benefits. Better posture, makes you feel amazing, much nicer ass (firmer and better shaped), nice legs and everything...no flabby arms, etc.

Posted 7/25/10 , edited 7/25/10
Lol drinking water. Staying away from peanut butter (or I break out.) Biore warming acne scrub or whatever it's called (I do biore every night, scrub with alcohol every other day (which works for me because my skin used to get really oily,) and use plain soap on other days. Not the best regimen but it works for me if I eat well. I moisturize with plain body lotion =\)..don't wear a lot of makeup, just foundation (if that) and lip gloss/lip stick.

Working out is good, especially when you do it with other people. My mom and I take hour-long walks about 4 days a week. Now I'm just trying to find something I can get into on the other days. Belly dancing is kind of fun. I like to weight lift, too. If you're still in high school, see if there's a Fitness Weight Training class you can take as opposed to plain old gym. I took it for like 2 years and I loved it. There were almost no girls in there besides me and my friends, so I didn't have to worry about dirty looks and stupid remarks when I was trying to work out <-- THE BEST.

Eat lots of vegetables/home-cooked stuff. I don't know if it contributes to beauty, but I love home-cooked food compared to Mcdonald's and all that. My biggest weakness is chocolate, and we don't have much of that in the house so it's usually not that big of a problem.

Oh and get at least 8 hours of sleep. I'm pretty bad at that because I like to stay up really late, so I usually get more like 6-7.
4502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 8/24/10
erm.. go on a mascara fast! if you stop using mascara for a while, your eyelashes will have a chance to breathe. apply it in about 1 week or so, and see the difference XD
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ☻☺
Offline
Posted 8/24/10
Don't smoke
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bedroom.
Offline
Posted 9/7/10
^ Nice.
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/7/10

sanitos wrote:

- Drink lots of water, pure water...beverages don't count. Also, adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to water does wonders. The pure lemon juice that comes in containers don't count.

- Sometimes the dark circles under your eyes are not due to a lack of sleep, but an iron + vitamin K deficiency. This seems to be more common in girls than guys. Red meat is a great source of iron. If you're not getting proper sleep...then it IS due to a lack of sleep. Length and the quality of your sleep are both important. Sleep when it's dark and be awake when it's light out. If you stay up till 2 or 4 am every morning and then sleep into the afternoon, it's going to mess with your body's natural processes.

- Properly moisturize when your face is clean, helps prevents your skin from overcompensating in excess oil production.
Moisturizers - Opt for water based (it's clear), not cream based. This allows your pores to breathe better, less chance of clogging. Know your skin type: Combination (Oily T-Zone), Oily, Dry, Normal, Sensitive. Buy your care products accordingly.

- Health and Beauty radiates from the inside out. You can use various treatments for your skin. If you don't eat right, it's not going to work.

Everyone is different, you need to find out how your body works and find out what it needs and what it can't handle.

Some people:
- have break outs from dairy products, cutting this one thing out helps their skin improve.
- have break outs from sugar, cutting anything with sugar in it (including fruit juices and milk) will clear up their skin and help them lose a lot of weight
- can eat just about anything and be perfectly fine
- are sensitive to certain types of fats. Their skin gets more oily when they eat fatty foods.
- And etc...try experimenting with various factors.

- Eat a lot of raw green vegetables, as much as you can every meal. Broccoli, celery, spinach, cucumbers (although it's a fruit), etc. If there is just 1 tip I can give, it is to drink water with freshly squeezed lemon and eat lots of raw greens. If you can, let these vegetables make up 60-80% of your meals. It is important that they are raw. The results will speak for itself.

Lastly - Excercise

Proper exercise can transform your body. However, in terms of weight loss, it will only produce about 20% of the results (or even none of it), while proper diet will produce over 80%. Sadly, most people are clueless about both of these areas...it's even worse if they think they know, but they actually got the whole thing wrong.

There are 2 forms of exercises that are important. Aerobic and Anaerobic.

Aerobic - Term comes from Latin, 'Requiring/Uses Air'. Running or biking is great. Do HIIT, by far the most effective means. It stands for High Intensity Interval Training, look into it if you're interested in a better way of doing cardio. 15 mins of this is all you need a day.

Anaerobic - Or Resistance Training, lifting weights. I often hear girls being paranoid about getting big muscles. It's nothing to worry about because it's impossible without steroid use. Women can't build muscle the same way men can. Lower levels of testosterone and HGH make it impossible. However, there are great benefits. Better posture, makes you feel amazing, much nicer ass (firmer and better shaped), nice legs and everything...no flabby arms, etc.



This is amazing.

I have learned more in your one post than I have in 5 years of PE and health classes o.O


2584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Goldsboro, North...
Offline
Posted 9/7/10
1. Go to sleep
2. Wake up
3. Lie in bed for a while
4. Get up and look in the mirror
5. Fix my hair if I have bed-head.
6. ???
7. Profit
Posted 9/7/10


142794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / 不思議の国
Offline
Posted 9/7/10
sleep early, drink lots of water.
Remove your make-up before going to bed.
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A rainy paradise...
Offline
Posted 9/7/10

Narcissistic wrote:


sanitos wrote:

- Drink lots of water, pure water...beverages don't count. Also, adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to water does wonders. The pure lemon juice that comes in containers don't count.

- Sometimes the dark circles under your eyes are not due to a lack of sleep, but an iron + vitamin K deficiency. This seems to be more common in girls than guys. Red meat is a great source of iron. If you're not getting proper sleep...then it IS due to a lack of sleep. Length and the quality of your sleep are both important. Sleep when it's dark and be awake when it's light out. If you stay up till 2 or 4 am every morning and then sleep into the afternoon, it's going to mess with your body's natural processes.

- Properly moisturize when your face is clean, helps prevents your skin from overcompensating in excess oil production.
Moisturizers - Opt for water based (it's clear), not cream based. This allows your pores to breathe better, less chance of clogging. Know your skin type: Combination (Oily T-Zone), Oily, Dry, Normal, Sensitive. Buy your care products accordingly.

- Health and Beauty radiates from the inside out. You can use various treatments for your skin. If you don't eat right, it's not going to work.

Everyone is different, you need to find out how your body works and find out what it needs and what it can't handle.

Some people:
- have break outs from dairy products, cutting this one thing out helps their skin improve.
- have break outs from sugar, cutting anything with sugar in it (including fruit juices and milk) will clear up their skin and help them lose a lot of weight
- can eat just about anything and be perfectly fine
- are sensitive to certain types of fats. Their skin gets more oily when they eat fatty foods.
- And etc...try experimenting with various factors.

- Eat a lot of raw green vegetables, as much as you can every meal. Broccoli, celery, spinach, cucumbers (although it's a fruit), etc. If there is just 1 tip I can give, it is to drink water with freshly squeezed lemon and eat lots of raw greens. If you can, let these vegetables make up 60-80% of your meals. It is important that they are raw. The results will speak for itself.

Lastly - Excercise

Proper exercise can transform your body. However, in terms of weight loss, it will only produce about 20% of the results (or even none of it), while proper diet will produce over 80%. Sadly, most people are clueless about both of these areas...it's even worse if they think they know, but they actually got the whole thing wrong.

There are 2 forms of exercises that are important. Aerobic and Anaerobic.

Aerobic - Term comes from Latin, 'Requiring/Uses Air'. Running or biking is great. Do HIIT, by far the most effective means. It stands for High Intensity Interval Training, look into it if you're interested in a better way of doing cardio. 15 mins of this is all you need a day.

Anaerobic - Or Resistance Training, lifting weights. I often hear girls being paranoid about getting big muscles. It's nothing to worry about because it's impossible without steroid use. Women can't build muscle the same way men can. Lower levels of testosterone and HGH make it impossible. However, there are great benefits. Better posture, makes you feel amazing, much nicer ass (firmer and better shaped), nice legs and everything...no flabby arms, etc.



This is amazing.

I have learned more in your one post than I have in 5 years of PE and health classes o.O




Glad you found it to be helpful =)
Posted 9/7/10
no make up!! all natural is more pretty <3
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/8/10

sanitos wrote:


Narcissistic wrote: This is amazing.

I have learned more in your one post than I have in 5 years of PE and health classes o.O




Glad you found it to be helpful =)




So ... since we have established you know alot ... or alot more than me.

What would you recommend is best for me to do when it comes to just toning the stomach and perhaps losing a bit of weight kinda quickly. As in like a few months regime.
Would just eating less work?
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A rainy paradise...
Offline
Posted 9/8/10

Narcissistic wrote:


sanitos wrote:


Narcissistic wrote: This is amazing.

I have learned more in your one post than I have in 5 years of PE and health classes o.O




Glad you found it to be helpful =)




So ... since we have established you know alot ... or alot more than me.

What would you recommend is best for me to do when it comes to just toning the stomach and perhaps losing a bit of weight kinda quickly. As in like a few months regime.
Would just eating less work?


You can't spot reduce...despite various marketing claims. But before that it would be helpful to get to know some of your circumstances. There is no perfect diet for everyone.

One is your metabolic typing, how much meat do you eat and how do you feel when you haven't eaten meat in a while?

How much time do you have and how much weight do you want to lose?

Do you have a budget for food?

What is your schedule like?

Do you have access to a bike/treadmill?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.