First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Legalisation of Drugs
954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA.
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

jasamaja wrote:


DarkLFluffles wrote:

legalizing drugs will be the death of our civilization...look at how much damage the ones that are out now are causing...


Believe me, this civilisation will never die out, poeple reproduce faster than mice....
and you talk about drugs as if they were some Atom-bomb....thats just silly..there are things that are far more dangerous =P

Flo~



It is, although it won't kill as fast as an A-bomb.

Edit: I double posted. Eat me.
7605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Jose, CA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
1) Drug testing. If I'm your potential employer, and see you're taking things that adversely affect your performance - I don't want you. Legal or not, if you're endangering yourself or other employees on my clock, GTFO.

2) If people so desire their narcotics, they will obtain them. Black market. Why the infamy and illegality of it all? To MINIMIZE the amount of people who actually partake in related activities. I don't want to step outside and see every Harry, Dick, and Jane toking it up near my car. The "war on drugs" might not have concrete results everyone would like, but until I see it not working in front of me, I'm OK!

3) Your choice. Law's the law, though, so if you get caught, let me know so I can laugh at you. "Removing" unnecessary hassles? Give me a break. It's like saying "Oh god, getting a driver's license is so hard, they should just abolish the requirements to obtain one and just let me drive the way I want to." There's other people around you know. If you're stupid enough to hurt yourself socially or economically because of bad choices you made, live with them. 'Cause they're not going away.
15332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
drugs are lame...no good
1565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / America
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
none cuz "crack is wack" and if i legalized pot, alot of kids at my school would loose their jobs
1206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / hi
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
muhahhahahahahahha...........
9614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
they're already being consumed, so why not all? at least it'll help some country's economy...
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

jasamaja wrote:


polynasian wrote:


jasamaja wrote:


polynasian wrote:

Why would anyone want to legalize drugs? First of all any types of drugs is bad for your body. Second, what does the government have to do with drugs? Did the government go out and personally hand you pot, crack, marijuana, or anything else. NO, they didn't it is up to us if we want to take any type of drugs if it legal or not.


Geez...don't you know that the whole Government is corrupted, so is their left hand called The Police..
And who said that the Government is distributing this shit? I didn't read that anywhere. Must have been your jmagination ^_^

Flo~


. No, I don't believe that the whole Government is corrupted.


Aww...it's just coincidence that the good politicians get kicked out of the government or suddnly die....the good men die, the bad stay..

Flo~


Ok I don't think every politician out there is bad and I know there are some still good politicians out there in office. Who are you talking about that got kicked out or suddenly dies.
cocky 
766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
Ah stalemate so soon?

I've already countered every point brought up, can't be bothered to do it again.

Thanks for the natter though.
Posted 1/4/08
Ok morons. Consider this: Was Prohibition in the least bit successful? No. So why would banning narcotics be anymore successful?
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

mrtictac wrote:

this govt talk is getting kinda gay

the only ones id accept are US soldiers complaining about US govt corruption, or communist countries

and some south american country like brazil or colombia

those 3 okay u have the right to start talking about the govt, otherwise ur prolly just hippie complaining at everything


I agree with you
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

jasamaja wrote:


polynasian wrote:


jasamaja wrote:


polynasian wrote:


jasamaja wrote:


polynasian wrote:

Why would anyone want to legalize drugs? First of all any types of drugs is bad for your body. Second, what does the government have to do with drugs? Did the government go out and personally hand you pot, crack, marijuana, or anything else. NO, they didn't it is up to us if we want to take any type of drugs if it legal or not.


Geez...don't you know that the whole Government is corrupted, so is their left hand called The Police..
And who said that the Government is distributing this shit? I didn't read that anywhere. Must have been your jmagination ^_^

Flo~


. No, I don't believe that the whole Government is corrupted.


Aww...it's just coincidence that the good politicians get kicked out of the government or suddnly die....the good men die, the bad stay..

Flo~


Ok I don't think every politician out there is bad and I know there are some still good politicians out there in office. Who are you talking about that got kicked out or suddenly dies.


Okay, we're drifting away of the topic.
Examples of killed or kicked politicians: Bhutta, Blocher..and many more..

Flo~


Oh I see...sorry
954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA.
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

jasamaja wrote:


Apothem wrote:


jasamaja wrote:

Oh Gawd, most of you didn't get some facts. Poeple are the way they are, and making something like drugs illegal is just stupid and unnecessarily fills the jails, and they will still get the stuff, somehow. And the fact that it is illegal makes the addicted one's make other criminal stuff.They choose it on their own if they will take it or not. So I say that making them illegal is just pointless, breaks many families apart, and destroys many life careers. And poeple make mistakes. And this society is made in a pretty shallow way, if you were once in jail, it doesn't really matter for what it was, they will mostly avoid you and not give you the same chances as to the other poeple...In fact your marked for life..It's like a big stamp on your front that says "Criminal". This brings prejudice upon....And they will never be able to get back to the "good" side. As poeple think in a very shallow way - Once on the bad side, always on the bad side. Your condemned to be a druggie...You can't get any proper jobs, and yeah as I already said you'll be avoided. And all this because of a little mistake or joke.[
Thats why I would like certain drugs getting legalised, it would spare us of so much trouble.

Flo~


Lets legalize drugs so it won't ruin lives because the got the word "Criminal" on the forehead thus making it hard to get a job?

I could use your same logic and say that their lives will be ruined even IF you legalized it becuase ether health will be all f'ed up.

Either way they are going to face the consequences and ruin their lives AND THEY DESERVE IT!



When I was talking about poeple getting their lifes ruined I was referring to 18 year old brats that are not that aware of the consequences that awaits them, if they do illegal stuff. And this deserve thingy makes you just look like a hypocrite!!

Flo~


Saying that 18 year dose not know what he/she is getting into is BS. Everyone is taught in school what happens if you do drugs. They just choose to be ignorant of the consequences. They deserve what they get into. I hope they take as a life long lesson and quit. It's the reason why laws are so harsh, so people won't do them again. If they don't learn the first time, then they can stay prison forever.

I rather have the jails filled with ignorant dipshits who don't learn their lesson the first time then have them out here in the real world.
7605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Jose, CA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
Age and the intangible side effects associated with improper use of narcotics are mutually exclusive. It doesn't matter when you get screwed in life.

Getting screwed is getting screwed. If you get screwed earlier in life because of the bad choices, well then, it's your fault for getting caught/being stupid. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to determine that a foreign substance entering your body is detrimentally affecting you. But, I guess that's life and how I manage to ooze by in this mortal coil - by assuming people are just that retarded until they prove otherwise.

Anyways, point - when in doubt, don't do it. And if you do it, and get punished for it, thank you for participating in the filtration process of our gene pool.
954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA.
Offline
Posted 1/4/08

jasamaja wrote:


Apothem wrote:


jasamaja wrote:


Apothem wrote:


jasamaja wrote:

Oh Gawd, most of you didn't get some facts. Poeple are the way they are, and making something like drugs illegal is just stupid and unnecessarily fills the jails, and they will still get the stuff, somehow. And the fact that it is illegal makes the addicted one's make other criminal stuff.They choose it on their own if they will take it or not. So I say that making them illegal is just pointless, breaks many families apart, and destroys many life careers. And poeple make mistakes. And this society is made in a pretty shallow way, if you were once in jail, it doesn't really matter for what it was, they will mostly avoid you and not give you the same chances as to the other poeple...In fact your marked for life..It's like a big stamp on your front that says "Criminal". This brings prejudice upon....And they will never be able to get back to the "good" side. As poeple think in a very shallow way - Once on the bad side, always on the bad side. Your condemned to be a druggie...You can't get any proper jobs, and yeah as I already said you'll be avoided. And all this because of a little mistake or joke.[
Thats why I would like certain drugs getting legalised, it would spare us of so much trouble.

Flo~


Lets legalize drugs so it won't ruin lives because the got the word "Criminal" on the forehead thus making it hard to get a job?

I could use your same logic and say that their lives will be ruined even IF you legalized it becuase ether health will be all f'ed up.

Either way they are going to face the consequences and ruin their lives AND THEY DESERVE IT!



When I was talking about poeple getting their lifes ruined I was referring to 18 year old brats that are not that aware of the consequences that awaits them, if they do illegal stuff. And this deserve thingy makes you just look like a hypocrite!!

Flo~


Saying that 18 year dose not know what he/she is getting into is BS. Everyone is taught in school what happens if you do drugs. They just choose to be ignorant of the consequences. They deserve what they get into. I hope they take as a life long lesson and quit. It's the reason why laws are so harsh, so people won't do them again. If they don't learn the first time, then they can stay prison forever.

I rather have the jails filled with ignorant dipshits then have them out here in the real world.


So you say that it is okay if you'll get a stamp on your forehead for your whole life and all this just for one delict?!!
You know kids get easily tempted, mainly if they live in a bad social environment, or if they get in contact with the wrong poeple, or if their family is from the lower class(no money), dealing with drugs means getting quickly and a lot of money. You should also try to be more sensitive, and feel into the poeple's mind. There is always a reason for an action. Or are you this type of person that says: " I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a shit"
You definitely are a Hypocrite!!!

Flo~



First of all, it won't stick for you forever. Laws in my state say jobs can't hold it against them after a few years of being clean. And it's not the end of the world once your "stamped". Just get some rehab, never do drugs again and life will move on. There are plenty of people who have go on and had better life's after quitting drugs. I know shit happens and sometimes you get into the wrong crowd. There is ALWAYS a chance to restart your life, no matter what crowd your were in or drama that has happened, if you are will take the steps it takes to get there.

I pat a person on the back for trying to quit. I will not give no sympathy for people who drown their sorrow with drugs or for those who never learn.

And no, I'm not a hypocrite.
7605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Jose, CA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
Getting punished... is kind of the point of punitive law. If you haven't learned a lesson from it, then obviously it wasn't harsh enough.

Yeah, you might get the proverbial "stamp on your forehead," but uh, you kind of did something to earn it.

Case 1: "Oops... the guy ran into my knife. Again. And again. I didn't know he'd die!"
Case 2: "Oops... I sold 2 kilos of coke to a shady character who ended up being an undercover cop. I didn't know, I was just trying to provide for my family!"

Said "stamp" only matters to those you make it matter to. If self-explanation of youth and immaturity doesn't atone for your demeanors in a previous phase in life, well then, try and try again.

The magnitude and severity of different punishments for different offenses obviously warrants some revision... but in the end it's just a fallacious comparison between apples, oranges, bananas, and apricots.

Just grow up and live with your mistakes, thinking legal revisions to justify your actions is pitiful. Truly pitiful.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.