First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Arizona is getting serious with Illegal Immigration
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/18/10
Arizona is no stranger to tough laws against illegal immigrants. In 2008 they signed a law that would crack down on business known to hire illegal immigrants. First strike probation, second strike license revoked, third strike your business is closed and no longer able to operate in Arizona. http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/08/nation/na-arizona8
Well recently Arizona has passed a bill into law that police are now about to enforce federal law in regard to illegal immigration. What I am hearing from the media and reading is a police cop can pull you over and if they have reasonable suspicion they can turn you in to immigration and you get arrested and deported. Arizona has an estimated out of 460,000 illegal immigrants and growing. What was really the icing on the cake to get this law to past was an Arizona rancher that was suspected to have been killed by illegal immigrants. http://article.wn.com/view/2010/04/09/Killing_of_beloved_Arizona_rancher_inflames_immigration_deba_r.

The state of Arizona feels they have the right to protect their citizens against foreign threats. Along with a whole other host of other things that come with illegal immigration is the drug trafficking, many people say illegals don't pay taxes and are taking American jobs. The people who counter this say they are only taking the jobs that Americans dont want such as dishwashers, pick berries and cotton from fields. Also they just cross the border to live a better life and be with their families.

This law SB1070 has caused huge protests mostly from people of Latino decent. They claim this is racial profiling and a police officer, "can just stop me and ask me for my papers if I am outside talking with my friends." They also question what exactly is reasonable suspicion that one is illegal in the country. They also claim that now that this law is passed illegals wont be willing to help police officers because of fear of them being deported. They believe this to be a civil rights issue and this law will only target Latino's.

Cities are now boycotting Arizona such as Seattle and Los Angeles. Seattle boycott resolution "cuts city-related travel and other ties to Arizona. Among the items in the boycott, the city government will not buy Arizona-based goods, send government people to meetings in Arizona, and will not sign any new contracts with businesses based in Arizona. Current contracts will be honored." http://www.komonews.com/news/93978609.html Los Angeles "resolution calls on the city to "refrain from conducting business with the state of Arizona including participating in any conventions or other business that requires city resources, unless SB 1070 is repealed." http://english.cri.cn/6966/2010/04/30/1461s566557.htm. Many people are urging more cities to boycott Arizona.

According to many polls the US citizens are in full support of Arizona's sb1070 bill and 70% wouldn't mind if their police in their own states determine the legal status of somebody. http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/04/29/Poll-Most-support-Arizona-immigration-law/UPI-55921272544207/

My personal opinion the US government has failed to enforce any kind of border protection to secure our borders. They have done nothing and I believe the democrats dont mind it as much because once they get legal status they usual vote democrat. If the US government was proactive I believe Arizona wouldn't enforce such draconian laws. Do I believe this is the best way to handle the problem? No, but the only positive that is coming out of the situation is finally the government is seeing that Americans are upset about this situation and something has to be done. I believe they should crack down on incentives such as business hiring illegal immigrants. Also have stronger border security maybe the completion of the wall will help? I can also understand where Latino's are coming because lets be honest, only Latino's will be profiled. The illegals are coming from Mexico not anywhere else. Rarely you will see one from some other far off country but you have to admit it is far harder for them to travel here illegally then mexicans in Mexico. So yes Mexicans will be targeted much more often then someone who is black, white, asian, etc.

What are your opinions about this hot topic in the US?
Posted 5/18/10
I think the federal government is purposefully letting the immigration issue swirl into a state of confusion like what has happened in Arizona. North American Union, anyone?
Posted 5/18/10
Heard about this from a friend. They will do as it says.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 5/18/10
I think Arizona should study the causes of why immigrants from southern border, Mexico is increasing. While the immigrants from northern border, Canada is low. Means the distribution of prosperity are not fair enough in the continent. There was a candidate president in his campaign mentioned that he will cut the number of illegal immigrants by cooperating with Mexico's government to increase the jobs of Mexican, incorporating with US companies, especially in northern Mexico.

So people who supposed to have job with this program would not migrate to US because the governments of Mexico and US are provide them jobs, hopefully the jobs will be passed down to their children and grandchildren so the next generation won't going to US too. I forget who was the candidate, though. Never make it realized either.
Posted 5/18/10
i will say one thing, honestly how many white people are going to be pulled over and asked for id's or proof that they live here due the fact this law passed?? If some do I will eat my own hat.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/19/10 , edited 5/19/10

Ryutai-Desk wrote:

I think Arizona should study the causes of why immigrants from southern border, Mexico is increasing. While the immigrants from northern border, Canada is low. Means the distribution of prosperity are not fair enough in the continent. There was a candidate president in his campaign mentioned that he will cut the number of illegal immigrants by cooperating with Mexico's government to increase the jobs of Mexican, incorporating with US companies, especially in northern Mexico.

So people who supposed to have job with this program would not migrate to US because the governments of Mexico and US are provide them jobs, hopefully the jobs will be passed down to their children and grandchildren so the next generation won't going to US too. I forget who was the candidate, though. Never make it realized either.


Well I believe it was concluded to live a better life. I mean just think about it any third world country living next to a develop country with weak border security will have an immigration problem. They must not be getting paid well in Mexico if they are willing to do hard labor for a cheap amount. I dont know if many Americans would like the idea of USA providing jobs to their next door neighbor instead of jobs here at home especially in this economic condition. Now as far as to why Mexico is a third world country I wouldn't be able to answer that question but right now since the government cant get the drug cartels under control (this is with all of South America), jobs not available they will come to the USA for a better life, while some come to smuggle drugs in. The US can easily stop this drug problem if they just legalize the damn thing then the cartels go bankrupt.

As far as Canada I believe Canada is a first world country. The USA doesnt have a problem with illegal immigrants from Canada thats why it is so low. Canada has good paying jobs and a stable economy.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/19/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

i will say one thing, honestly how many white people are going to be pulled over and asked for id's or proof that they live here due the fact this law passed?? If some do I will eat my own hat.


To be honest slim to none this is why many people believe this to be racial profiling. The problem is illegal immigration from Mexico so no matter how much the government of Arizona tries to sugar coat it, the hispanics of Arizona can rest assure they will be profiled because thats where the statistics show where they are coming from.
Posted 5/19/10

drizza wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

i will say one thing, honestly how many white people are going to be pulled over and asked for id's or proof that they live here due the fact this law passed?? If some do I will eat my own hat.


To be honest slim to none this is why many people believe this to be racial profiling. The problem is illegal immigration from Mexico so no matter how much the government of Arizona tries to sugar coat it, the Hispanics of Arizona can rest assure they will be profiled because that's where the statistics show where they are coming from.


well I have to agree with you there, I do think something needs to be done about illegal immigration but there must be another way to do it. I I know some people that illegally here but they are really nice and hard working as well sigh hmm I need to think more on this subject before I post anymore.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 5/19/10
If Mexican illegal immigrants are causing a problem, it only makes sense to target people with checks who look Mexican, would you not agree? If police ask me for identification, I will simply hand my ID over, they will see all is well and leave me alone. Where's the wrongous bit in the whole thing?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 5/19/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:

If Mexican illegal immigrants are causing a problem, it only makes sense to target people with checks who look Mexican, would you not agree? If police ask me for identification, I will simply hand my ID over, they will see all is well and leave me alone. Where's the wrongous bit in the whole thing?


'No you be held up for hours on end, as they do a check and make sure it is not a fake, then they will double check.. Then after their finished they will hand your shit back to you and laugh as you head to work 3 hours late. Than they do it to you again 3 days later.
After a wile you be fired from work. because every job I have ever had, they don't put up with people who are late more than once a month. Or absent more than 2 times a year. '

'But that is my opinion.. yeah I find it stupid law, even if it does not affect me. '

Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/10
I support the law that AZ passed 110%, it was long over due. I see no problem with it and I'm glad it was passed. Many illegals come through Arizona, maybe it will help lower the amount around the country.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 5/19/10
There's nothing different then in the Federal Law any ways what the big problem. Illegals are a problem here and cost money. If you went to Mexico and took a job they through you in prison. Why do you people go off half cocked, o that right it is a emotional problem a liberal thing. by the way if the Mexican were not here those so call job that people do not want to do the pay more then people would do them. you can't compete when your paying tax and they do not. I used plenty workers paying cash. I have notice some Mexican are hard working and some just are not worth having around. there no better then most race of people. But I do expect far better performance from Caucasians and Asians workers. so i am a bigot in some ways. Being a bigot and a racist are too different thing to bad most people do not know this.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 5/19/10

drizza wrote:

Well I believe it was concluded to live a better life. I mean just think about it any third world country living next to a develop country with weak border security will have an immigration problem. They must not be getting paid well in Mexico if they are willing to do hard labor for a cheap amount. I dont know if many Americans would like the idea of USA providing jobs to their next door neighbor instead of jobs here at home especially in this economic condition. Now as far as to why Mexico is a third world country I wouldn't be able to answer that question but right now since the government cant get the drug cartels under control (this is with all of South America), jobs not available they will come to the USA for a better life, while some come to smuggle drugs in. The US can easily stop this drug problem if they just legalize the damn thing then the cartels go bankrupt.

As far as Canada I believe Canada is a first world country. The USA doesnt have a problem with illegal immigrants from Canada thats why it is so low. Canada has good paying jobs and a stable economy.


I think we have to considered the amount of violence in Mexico, maybe that sums the reason why they're going to US. I don't think it's different with providing jobs in US (developed country) and providing jobs in Mexico (developing country). As developing country, Mexico has a lot of potential economy which haven't been established, like financial sector, medical sector, and other services area.

Possibly, there are many potential buyers of goods in Mexico rather than in US, the fields are different. I am not sure if Americans would get upset about this, well this is considered as pure business, instead of making losses US companies branch in Mexico would bring profits that might help the companies in US, as well help the employee in US for their walfare. If Mexico government and US government really focused build the area next to border to be economic town, it's possible America's people might move to Mexico to find jobs.


4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/19/10 , edited 5/19/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


drizza wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

i will say one thing, honestly how many white people are going to be pulled over and asked for id's or proof that they live here due the fact this law passed?? If some do I will eat my own hat.


To be honest slim to none this is why many people believe this to be racial profiling. The problem is illegal immigration from Mexico so no matter how much the government of Arizona tries to sugar coat it, the Hispanics of Arizona can rest assure they will be profiled because that's where the statistics show where they are coming from.


well I have to agree with you there, I do think something needs to be done about illegal immigration but there must be another way to do it. I I know some people that illegally here but they are really nice and hard working as well sigh hmm I need to think more on this subject before I post anymore.


Yea I understand your point but then again they are cheating the system. What about the people trying to get into this country but have to wait in long lines vs illegals who just skip them and hop the border? It is a controversial law but I believe it is a necessary evil to wake up Washington. Whats the use of having laws if we dont enforce them?


DerfelCadarn wrote:

If Mexican illegal immigrants are causing a problem, it only makes sense to target people with checks who look Mexican, would you not agree? If police ask me for identification, I will simply hand my ID over, they will see all is well and leave me alone. Where's the wrongous bit in the whole thing?


Yes I agree with this and this is what many opponents of the bill have a problem with. They question what exactly is "reasonable suspicion"? Is it the way you look? How you dress? Your accent? This is what many Hispanic Americans fear. Then they believe it is embarrassing that they have to carry around their papers everywhere they go and get stopped and checked. Which to an extent I could understand where they are coming from because I wouldnt want to keep having to carry papers around showing I am from this country and stopped in front of people.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/19/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

If Mexican illegal immigrants are causing a problem, it only makes sense to target people with checks who look Mexican, would you not agree? If police ask me for identification, I will simply hand my ID over, they will see all is well and leave me alone. Where's the wrongous bit in the whole thing?


'No you be held up for hours on end, as they do a check and make sure it is not a fake, then they will double check.. Then after their finished they will hand your shit back to you and laugh as you head to work 3 hours late. Than they do it to you again 3 days later.
After a wile you be fired from work. because every job I have ever had, they don't put up with people who are late more than once a month. Or absent more than 2 times a year. '

'But that is my opinion.. yeah I find it stupid law, even if it does not affect me. '



I am not to sure of the specifics but I believe in order to get asked about your papers is if you get pulled over in trouble with the law about something. Then the police has to make a reasonable judgment if they believe if you are here illegal or not. But the main thing as bad as this law is Arizona is against the ropes man. The US government is doing nothing and now the states feel they have to take matters into their own hands.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.