First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Japan's street fashion
Moderator
1871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
What do you think of the Japanese fashion when you see it?
Whether it be over the internet, in magazines, T.V., or for those lucky enough, in the actual land of the rising sun itself. Personally I've only seen the Japanese fashion at anime conventions, which isn't a bad thing but in a way I wish I saw more of it in daily life. I enjoy looking at their designs and crazy ideas!

My favorite style however would be Lolita of all kinds!!!

Here is a pic of Nana Kitade, a Japanese song artist, who inspired me to have an interest in it.




I think she's amazing and is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could dress like that some day.

What's your favorite??

~+ Tokyo Pop
~+ Tokyo Rock
~+ Elegant Gothic Lolita [EGL]
~+ Elegant Gothic Aristocrat [EGA]
~+ Gothic Lolita
~+ Fruits Lolita
~+ Sweet Lolita
~+ Industrial Lolita
~+ Punk Lolita
~+ B-lolita
~+ Fruits
~+ Tokyo A Go-GO [TAGG]
~+ Ganguro
~+ Ganjiro
~+ Yamamba
~+ Kogal
~+ Visual Kei
~+ Kera
~+ Kodona
~+ Dandy
~+ Gothic Dandy
~+ Oujisama
~+ Prince style


others??
Member
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/13/08
o.O there's so much variation jus for lolita XD
Member
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / La Push, CA
Offline
Posted 1/13/08
this was really interesting....i dont know much about japanese fashion but these styles were really interesting to google. *there's so much i don't know about outside of je....T-T*
Moderator
1871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

asilap wrote:

this was really interesting....i dont know much about japanese fashion but these styles were really interesting to google. *there's so much i don't know about outside of je....T-T*


i know!
i actually didn't create that list.
it was from a group that i am in in another onilne community[[myspace :P]]
japanese fashion just keeps getting better and better these days
Member
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
>< i didnt realize there was this many typed and variations of lolita i always thought lolita was etiher goth or normal keke~~ but they are all pretty i think >< soo frilly keke
Member
1174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Muffin Land ~~ Co...
Offline
Posted 1/21/08

aznwuv wrote:

>< i didnt realize there was this many typed and variations of lolita i always thought lolita was etiher goth or normal keke~~ but they are all pretty i think >< soo frilly keke


Yeh i totally agree. My friend just bought one actually, it's so cute (I'm so jelous...)
Posted 1/21/08
I didnt know Lolita had so many different sub categories
I like ALL japanese street fashion but Im mostly into the Gyaru scene
There are TONS of variations of Gyaru too, not just the ones that were mentioned.

Gyaru - more like catalog gyaru. The general one. This has many variations too from Baika-gyaru to Ame-kaji
Gyaru-oh (the male version of Gyaru)
Ganguro - Theres old school ganguro and new ganguro. The old school ones wear stickers and stuff (not fashionable anymore) and platform boots. New school is alot more trendy. I dont know if Ganguro is still in now. (I think its just gyaru, not exactly sure)
Ganjiro -mentioned already
Yamamba - Yamanba is played out now. It's Manba, which is a another little variation of Yamanba
Banba
Kogal -mentioned already
B-gal
Hime-gal
Romanba-gal
Onee-gal
Onii-kei
Psyche-gal
Oyaji-gal
Sentaa
Rasta
Serebu
and there are some more
Member
5354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / beaverditch
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
could you guys post some pictures of some of these... or descriptions?? because i haven't heard of a lot of these styles...
Member
9842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 1/23/08
harajuku girls you've got a wicked style! (dixit Gwen stefani..)
Member
1206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / earth
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
wow i had no idea there was this many styles ....... but i do like the harajuku girl style and lolita... i don't really see it at all where i live..
Member
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

peppermil wrote:


aznwuv wrote:

>< i didnt realize there was this many typed and variations of lolita i always thought lolita was etiher goth or normal keke~~ but they are all pretty i think >< soo frilly keke


Yeh i totally agree. My friend just bought one actually, it's so cute (I'm so jelous...)


OoO i kinda want to get one >< i knwo someone who has one...i think it was the goth one she wore it one time and she looked shooo cute =.= but if i get one i dotn think i can pull it off hehes
Member
1174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Muffin Land ~~ Co...
Offline
Posted 2/7/08

aznwuv wrote:


peppermil wrote:


aznwuv wrote:

>< i didnt realize there was this many typed and variations of lolita i always thought lolita was etiher goth or normal keke~~ but they are all pretty i think >< soo frilly keke


Yeh i totally agree. My friend just bought one actually, it's so cute (I'm so jelous...)


OoO i kinda want to get one >< i knwo someone who has one...i think it was the goth one she wore it one time and she looked shooo cute =.= but if i get one i dotn think i can pull it off hehes


sadly i think i would like a right idiot if i tried to wear lolita tooo but who cares i can cosplay as Mello any time i want
Member
5062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 2/25/08
GASP!!! i luv Nana-sama!!! she's my idol^^ cuz she plays guitar and so do i!^^ and she sings and is pretty^^ -anyway... i like Gal styles and Loli (does that make me contradictory since they're polar opposites of each other??) and i luv visual kei- but especially oshare kei!^^ there's a new fashion tho, but i forget what its called... its very eccentric^^ ...its a girl style where they literally walk around in hooker-ish outfits (barely dressed) ...it starts with an "e"... when i remember i'll tell u guys
Member
73207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In no man's land
Offline
Posted 3/3/08
all kinds of lolita and tokyo-a-go-go.
Member
14554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Atlanta, GA. USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/08

rhapsody08 wrote:

I didnt know Lolita had so many different sub categories
I like ALL japanese street fashion but Im mostly into the Gyaru scene
There are TONS of variations of Gyaru too, not just the ones that were mentioned.

Gyaru - more like catalog gyaru. The general one. This has many variations too from Baika-gyaru to Ame-kaji
Gyaru-oh (the male version of Gyaru)
Ganguro - Theres old school ganguro and new ganguro. The old school ones wear stickers and stuff (not fashionable anymore) and platform boots. New school is alot more trendy. I dont know if Ganguro is still in now. (I think its just gyaru, not exactly sure)
Ganjiro -mentioned already
Yamamba - Yamanba is played out now. It's Manba, which is a another little variation of Yamanba
Banba
Kogal -mentioned already
B-gal
Hime-gal
Romanba-gal
Onee-gal
Onii-kei
Psyche-gal
Oyaji-gal
Sentaa
Rasta
Serebu
and there are some more


are you sure you're talking fashion, because it sounds like another language to me.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.