First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Pollution in China?
Posted 2/21/08
The only reason why China has so much pollution right now is because of the industry. The economy is sky-rocketing and pollution became a necessity.

I don't care about pollution. I'm Chinese, so I'm just ignorant and biased when it comes to China.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / the little dot on...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
lol dont worry about china worry about what will happen to the world because of that
2665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
yeah. pollution in china is really bad. tsk tsk. but i tink, e world politicians are contradicting. they go ard saying they wanna work on global warming bla bla bla... den they go clearing forests for golf courses. haa.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / the little dot on...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
i know that the solution for global pollution is hard to come up with but i think we should start by ourselves we shouldn't be relying on the big people to do the work
Posted 3/11/08
Yes i got to damn agreed with you. I went to China twice and the ground was like..full of spits and spat and even have shit . Damn those China people. Once i ALMOST step on it.
786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
I hope it goes away!!!
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
It's only going to get worse in a country with a population beyond stability.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
Blaming China is being manipulated by the politicians. Whenever a politician is to talk about environmentalism we are told about how bad the situation is in other countries. I have been told about Brazil, USA, China, England and Germany. Never Norway. It is convinient for a politician to point at foreign countries. As individuals, we can make no changes in foreign countries. Don't be fooled. Look at your own country. Also don't let the "we are all to blame" slogan fool you. You need the mechanism of the state to change things. To make electricity environmental, a healthy transport ssystem, legislation, et cetera. And remember: a politician will do nothing new unless pressured. Why should he/she? Innovation is a great way to end your career. Unpopular since people don't understand it or the opposition makes argument or people are just thinking about how it directly affects them. If it fails, you'll be majorly blamed. The gain if a success? People start arguing about whose idea it was, some ignore it, some still make objections, some find the whole thing indifferent. Why take the chance? Find environmental issues abroad and blame it on a foreign country.
1579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / where you least e...
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
pollution is happening to China evry country must have pollution in it its not just one country like China i bet all the countries in the world that has this problem now we ahve to fix the problem now before it gets worse although its bad right now but is not killing anyone so its not a mager problem its only a problem to the enviroment.
Posted 4/2/08
Yes. One time i step on shit .
4208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / David's bed, snif...
Offline
Posted 4/2/08
I don't think that we could consider China a developing country any longer. Therefore, they should take actions and cut down on their emissions as well as India. I mean, the two countries almost refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol because they were still developing and wanted to catch up to the U.S. Now that they have proved themselves somewhat successful, they should have to cut back on emissions just like the rest of us.

However, I don't think they should necessarily have to do it alone. I think the U.S should help because we are sending all our e-waste (dead computers and junk) over there, which creates air pollution when you try to break it down. Therefore, the U.S should aid them in lowering their emissions.
6072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / the 650
Offline
Posted 4/2/08

deathclown wrote:

i know that the solution for global pollution is hard to come up with but i think we should start by ourselves we shouldn't be relying on the big people to do the work


yes thank you! even goverments pass laws and crap, if we all still needlessly waste electricity, paper and crap then it doesnt really matter. be like me! if its not too far i take my bike or a bus and i also unplug everything before i go to sleep except for my clock and pc which downloads all night long.


and yes pollution is bad in china (reported that 750,000 die every year of pollution related diseases) but there are so many other countries like th Ukraine or Russia that has bad pollution too. and people that think the US is doing a lot to "prevent" global warming then you are wrong. only a few states like California has passed strict laws to help lessen the impact on the global environment but the US Federal Government hasnt done much and the laws that they do pass just barely meet the minimum requirements stated in things like the Kyoto Protocol and stuff. ok starting to rant haha. ill stop >.<
1026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

MengQiao wrote:

Pollution in China has gotten even worse during the past few years. It's so bad that you can barely see the sun. The air is hard to breathe and many people are wearing masks. If this continues what will happen to China in the future?? What about pollution in general, anyone else worried??


In reality, the US uses more electricity and gas than China, and produce more garbage than the rest of the world. If you're criticizing China, why not worry about the bigger problem?
6601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Not Telling
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Taelin wrote:


MengQiao wrote:

Pollution in China has gotten even worse during the past few years. It's so bad that you can barely see the sun. The air is hard to breathe and many people are wearing masks. If this continues what will happen to China in the future?? What about pollution in general, anyone else worried??


In reality, the US uses more electricity and gas than China, and produce more garbage than the rest of the world. If you're criticizing China, why not worry about the bigger problem?


I only used China as an example since the pollution is so noticible there. Also becuz I'm worried about the pollution there.
Btw, do u really think tat I would criticize China when I'm Chinese?? -__-
1026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

MengQiao wrote:


I only used China as an example since the pollution is so noticible there. Also becuz I'm worried about the pollution there.
Btw, do u really think tat I would criticize China when I'm Chinese?? -__-


I'm Chinese too, and the pollution is rather..eh..back there. I'm just a bit sensitive that everyone's criticizing China about pollution, but the biggest criminal would be the US.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.