First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
Android
37051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/11 , edited 4/28/11
There appears to be a bug with the CR android app regarding the storage of the account password.

If there is no data connection (wifi and 2g/3g disabled) when the CR android app is started, the account password is forgotten.

I disable my data connections when i'm not using them to reduce battery usage, so I find this behavior to be troublesome.

To recreate:
  1. Enable wifi and/or 2g/3g.
  2. Start CR android app.
  3. Log in to CR account through the CR android app.
  4. Back out of the CR android app.
  5. Disable wifi and 2g/3g.
  6. Open CR android app again.
  7. Do something to cause the user to be authenticated. ie. Refresh
  8. Open the [Log In] dialog. The password field will be empty.

What I think could be happening is that the app is trying to authenticate without checking to see if there is a data connection first. when the app cant contact the CR login gateway, it assumes the failure was due to invalid login credentials and notifies the user about it.

The easiest fix might just be to keep the password stored even if authentication fails. The user can always manually clear it.

In addition, I think it would be better if there was an extra check to see if there is a data connection is available before attempting to contact the CR login gateway. If a data connection isn't active, the user should be notified of that instead.
6255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Underworld
Offline
Posted 4/28/11 , edited 4/28/11

arrdent wrote:

There appears to be a bug with the CR android app regarding the storage of the account password.

If there is no data connection (wifi and 2g/3g disabled) when the CR android app is started, the account password is forgotten.

I disable my data connections when i'm not using them to reduce battery usage, so I find this behavior to be troublesome.

To recreate:
  1. Enable wifi and/or 2g/3g.
  2. Start CR android app.
  3. Log in to CR account through the CR android app.
  4. Back out of the CR android app.
  5. Disable wifi and 2g/3g.
  6. Open CR android app again.
  7. Do something to cause the user to be authenticated. ie. Refresh
  8. Open the [Log In] dialog. The password field will be empty.

What I think could be happening is that the app is trying to authenticate without checking to see if there is a data connection first. when the app cant contact the CR login gateway, it assumes the failure was due to invalid login credentials and notifies the user about it.

The easiest fix might just be to keep the password stored even if authentication fails. The user can always manually clear it.

In addition, I think it would be better if there was an extra check to see if there is a data connection is available before attempting to contact the CR login gateway. If a data connection isn't active, the user should be notified of that instead.


or a simple login file stored on the phone or SD card would save on even more battery usage when used with that check or by itself by reducing the amount of data sent/received as well as reducing the (constant)amount of times needed to touch the screen so less battery is used for those of us who use apps like juicedefender/juicedefender ultimate.

please excuse the lack of punctuation i'm in a rush.
50098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/1/11
Is the quality on Xoom (Wi-Fi only model) supposed to be this poor? I see no difference between when I was a normal user and a paid subscriber. Is there something I have to do to enable HD streaming? I'm logged in, cleared the caches, etc. On my iPhone it looks great but it's a 3-some inch screen vs. 10 inch, heh.
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
I've been having problems with the CR app. I can watch the ads but as soon as the video is about to load the phone says that sorry this video cannot be played. I'm wondering if anyone having this problem too?
40747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Calgary, AB
Offline
Posted 5/4/11
no problems with the nexus s? i m switching to mobilicity soon and was hoping to pick out that phone with the unlimited talk, text and data plan

its that or another blackberry bold 9780 and i dont i m missing out much besides the bbm
40548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / burning embers
Offline
Posted 5/5/11
I'm just kinda sad that I can't view every video on here through the app like culture japan and other movies
46325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/5/11
I am getting annoyed with the repeated delays in the Astarotte's Toy episode releases. They never come out on timeand its already been well over 96 hours since it was supposed come out.
36037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/11 , edited 5/6/11
I'm using a Sanyo Zio (manufactured by Kyocera) running Android version 2.2.1, and have an Anime Membership.

The app worked fine when I first installed it, it even let me log in, and I started to watch an episode of Gintama. However, it suddenly logged me out after a couple of minutes, and now it won't let me log in. I'm using the exact same username/email and password as I use here on the site - which work fine - but it returns the error message "Invalid email or password".

I've double checked my wifi and mobile web settings, and they're fine - I'm able to access the Amazon.com Appstore for Android and Android Market just fine, and they require a wifi internet connection to use at all.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. After forcing the app to close and restarting it, it seemed to work fine. Still, odd that it happened in the first place.

I would like to suggest being able to pick up where one left off in an episode in the app, like one can on the site.
Engineer
86991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/6/11 , edited 5/6/11

harvestmoonperson wrote:

I am getting annoyed with the repeated delays in the Astarotte's Toy episode releases. They never come out on timeand its already been well over 96 hours since it was supposed come out.


We're having problems with this episode. iPhone and Roku encodes weren't working either. Now we have everything but the Android one working so we're working on that now.
46325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/6/11

BasouKazuma wrote:


We're having problems with this episode. iPhone and Roku encodes weren't working either. Now we have everything but the Android one working so we're working on that now.





It's not just this episode. Every week there's a delay in this series coming out on the android app
43047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Victoria, BC
Offline
Posted 5/7/11
Xoom doesn't have a option for quality yet. I talked to the CR guys at Sakuracon and they said they were working on it (I had my Xoom with me at the con so they took notice). I hope it's up and running soon, I would love to use my Xoom to play all my CR stuff)

Z
6255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Underworld
Offline
Posted 5/8/11
On the note of features, a bookmark feature and/or something telling you where you left off on a series would be awesome! ^w^
63022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/11
I am using an asus transformer, seems to work fine for me other than low res. But I have been able to just run crunchyroll from the browser and works much better than the app for the moment.
49410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/9/11

BasouKazuma wrote:
We're having problems with this episode. iPhone and Roku encodes weren't working either. Now we have everything but the Android one working so we're working on that now.


Okie dokie, that sort of clears things up a little. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy Astarotte's Toy (based off of the premise), so I've been trying to access it on my DroidX after the release.

Thanks for taking care of it and I hope the future episodes will be much less troublesome for you.

~trip
46325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/11

tripperdan99 wrote:


BasouKazuma wrote:
We're having problems with this episode. iPhone and Roku encodes weren't working either. Now we have everything but the Android one working so we're working on that now.


Okie dokie, that sort of clears things up a little. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy Astarotte's Toy (based off of the premise), so I've been trying to access it on my DroidX after the release.

Thanks for taking care of it and I hope the future episodes will be much less troublesome for you.

~trip




Speaking of this (I know i have been complaining a lot about it, sorry)


Do we have a timeline on this? I really dislike having to use the site because the streaming is much better on my phone and I don't have to wait for it to buffer like I do whenever i use the computer.
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.