First  Prev  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  Next  Last
Android
27026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 11/3/12
Thanks Chris for the response. Next time it happens, will try to get a screenshot!

Also using a GS3. If I watch something then come back to it hours later, I find that the video says "Loading". I tap the screen, then hit play on the menu at the bottom. This lets the video play, but the "Loading" icon doesn't go away from the centre of the screen. Sometimes the video does auto-play, but the Loading symbol still stays on (have got a ss of this)



Feature request: Can we have a setting to block data usage if not connected to W IFI? The 3g connection at home is so good that sometimes i stream a video on 3g instead of over WIFI. Thankfully I haven't gone over my usage limits from this,... but I keep getting really close!
53753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 11/3/12

Goodguy34 wrote:

Thanks Chris for the response. Next time it happens, will try to get a screenshot!

Also using a GS3. If I watch something then come back to it hours later, I find that the video says "Loading". I tap the screen, then hit play on the menu at the bottom. This lets the video play, but the "Loading" icon doesn't go away from the centre of the screen. Sometimes the video does auto-play, but the Loading symbol still stays on (have got a ss of this)


Are you pausing the video for several hours, or are you actually pressing the back button to exit video playback?



Feature request: Can we have a setting to block data usage if not connected to W IFI? The 3g connection at home is so good that sometimes i stream a video on 3g instead of over WIFI. Thankfully I haven't gone over my usage limits from this,... but I keep getting really close!


This is something that can be done via Android. Not really sure how to do it on a GS3, but on my Evo 3D there is a usage screen under the settings page where you can limit data usage and setup warnings.

However, I have Sprint so I never have to worry about going over a data limit so I have never used the above feature to see how well it works.

12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/3/12
Help.

I desperately want to use Crunchyroll and subscribe, but the app for android is NOT USABLE!

I'm using the Asus Transformer tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich. When I used CR on my iPad a few years ago it worked flawlessly. Wtf happened...?

First of all, when I open the app, it's usually just a blank white page and only loads the tabs at the top which are un-clickable, like it's frozen. It stays like that for minutes at a time until I restart the app (going under task killer and killing it) which I have to do 2-3 times before it will finally load the list of Anime. I finally get to the episode I want, click on it, and it says "Loading" and rotates for at least 5+ minutes until again, I kill the task and re-do 2-3 times. It takes me 20 minutes (sometimes it just won't work at all so I give up) to just get an episode started because I have to restart the app so many times. It's the most frustrating thing ever.

I'm not a noob. I work in the mobile/tablet industry so I know that all my stuff is updated, I'm on a perfect wifi connection, and everything should be good to go.

I realize that ICS is still fairly new, but there are TONS of CR users that use ICS!!!!

Please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/3/12
P.S is this "tablet issue" only for free users? Because if it is then I'm willing to sub. I just don't want to drop the money on an app that won't work with my device.
35030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/12
i am running jelly bean on all my android devices, and my experience is not nearly like yours, but yes i do get allot of the same bugs but they only seem to be for a time or 2 for me. i am a paying subscriber, and i do think they need to pick up there feet on allot of issues. i think like the buffering issues i have been trying to deal with for the past few weeks.
20034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Trois-Rivieres, C...
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/5/12
I'm getting a weird bug on my HTC Incredible S (Android). When I load up the app, the only shows that will show up in each of the categories (Popular, Simulcast, Updated, Alphabetical, etc) are Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Naruto Shippuden and Space Brothers. So only a few random episodes of those series are available, and nothing more.
And my queue, well every show that's suppose to be there is there, but they don't have any video file attached to them so all I'm getting is the "coming soon" thumbnail for each and every one of them... It's been like that for 4 days now, it was working fine since I installed it 2 months ago.
I tried re-installing the app, but to no avail. Did anything like that ever come up in this forum? As it stands now the app is pretty much unusable for me.

EDIT: Just as a supplement of information, logging out doesn't make any difference (the same shows are available, and seem to play fine).
It'd be great if a mod/tech could look into this issue before my subscription automatically renews, so I don't have to cancel it before then... Crunchyroll is a great platform when it actually works...
40224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / USA (Greater Wash...
Online
Posted 11/4/12
I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.7 that I recently bought (still on Honeycomb, hopefully there will be an ICS update from Verizon soon). I have tried both the newer (Google Play) and the older (Amazon store) version of the Crunchyroll app and they both have the same problem where the video has green and orange lines on it.

MP4 video that I copy to the device manually, as well as video from online sites (including the Crunchyroll mobile site), and other apps (Netflix and Funimation) do not have any problems - only the Crunchyroll app.

The app also takes a very long time to initialize after bringing it up.

Here are some examples:

49047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Pensacola
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

x3Nana wrote:

Help.

I desperately want to use Crunchyroll and subscribe, but the app for android is NOT USABLE!

I'm using the Asus Transformer tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich. When I used CR on my iPad a few years ago it worked flawlessly. Wtf happened...?

First of all, when I open the app, it's usually just a blank white page and only loads the tabs at the top which are un-clickable, like it's frozen. It stays like that for minutes at a time until I restart the app (going under task killer and killing it) which I have to do 2-3 times before it will finally load the list of Anime. I finally get to the episode I want, click on it, and it says "Loading" and rotates for at least 5+ minutes until again, I kill the task and re-do 2-3 times. It takes me 20 minutes (sometimes it just won't work at all so I give up) to just get an episode started because I have to restart the app so many times. It's the most frustrating thing ever.

I'm not a noob. I work in the mobile/tablet industry so I know that all my stuff is updated, I'm on a perfect wifi connection, and everything should be good to go.

I realize that ICS is still fairly new, but there are TONS of CR users that use ICS!!!!

Please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well I can say it is not related to whether you are a free or premium member. For I to have this issue on my tablet (ASUS Transformer Infinity, TF700T) as well and I am a premium member. Now I never had the issue on it while it was running ICS, but now that it has been updated to JB (4.1.1) I am getting this. The only way I have been able to get around it was to clear the data and cache under Apps in the settings, but unluky for me it is highly hit or miss (mostly miss) if it works. I have even gone as far as clearing both, uninstall, and then reinstall but alas the same issue pops back up after I use the app after the first time...now that I think about it, when I do get it working again soon as I exit or let the screen turn off the issue starts up again. Oh if you need more info, or need a guinea pig...err I mean tester let me know and I'll be glad to help out.
13979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 11/5/12
I'm running nexus7 JB 4.1.1 CM10 and CR seems to work fine.... I have a GT2 7' thats running CM9 ICS and CR seems to run fine on that too.. have you guys checked out your MDPI/HDPI settings?...... sometimes if you fix those the video output could work better on it.....but I don't think its a firmware issue at all... neither is it a kernel issue....
64061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/12

cowbaka wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.7 that I recently bought (still on Honeycomb, hopefully there will be an ICS update from Verizon soon). I have tried both the newer (Google Play) and the older (Amazon store) version of the Crunchyroll app and they both have the same problem where the video has green and orange lines on it.

MP4 video that I copy to the device manually, as well as video from online sites (including the Crunchyroll mobile site), and other apps (Netflix and Funimation) do not have any problems - only the Crunchyroll app.

The app also takes a very long time to initialize after bringing it up.



It's a fault with the samsung video decoder driver on honeycomb, it's impossible for app developers to fix it on their end. Samsung is hopeless with software support, I have the wifi 7.7 and I just gave up and flashed a custom ROM. I just have android 4.1 on it with flashplayer.apk manually installed. It plays 720p CR flash content without issue and the CR app works if you happened to want view ugly 360p streams.

That being said the lack of progress on viewing CR on tablets is tiresome. What can we do to help? If they are so short on cash for making the app I would be happy to pay for a premium tablet orientaded app over the current free one. I want a Nexus 10 but I can't even order one because I don't yet know if I can sideload the flashplayer.apk and get it to work. If the nexus 10 can't run flash and is stuck with the 360p streams It won't even be worth maintaining my premium account.
59862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/12 , edited 11/8/12
EDIT:

Updating to say that I cleared all cached data for the app and signed in again, and it appears to be working as intended now. The problem may have been connected with having a very long password (100 characters), or possibly changing my password and the app was still trying to use the old login information. I'm not sure, to be honest.

---------------------
Original post follows
---------------------

Hello, CR. I'm hoping that this thread is still monitored.

My tablet details:

Asus Transformer TF101
Android version 4.03
Kernel version 2.6.39.4

The CR app is whatever the latest version is as of the time of this post.

I don't know if there's any other pertinent information that's useful for a bug report.

Problems with the CR app:

* Queue does not work. It produces the generic error message: "There was a problem loading your queue. Please try again, or contact support if the problem persists".

History does not work. It produces the same error message.

Watching anime does not work, if I choose to watch any anime with the subscriber icon (the crown). The error is always, "We're currently preparing this show for your device. Please check back later!"

However, this appears to be a generic error message rather than what's actually happening. This is a problem with playing back subscriber videos from any anime series. I can play back any video that does not have the little subscriber icon. This error lasts for the full week, or whatever the duration is before the video becomes available to the general public.

These problems have been present for at least a couple of weeks now, which is when I noticed it.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
Hi there... I have Sony Ericsson xPeria X8. I have crunchyroll app. I have problem when watching anyone anime episodes. I choose episeode and its loading. Episode start but after 5 seconds image freeze. Does anyone have this problem or anuone know how to relsove this problem?
Sorry for my bad English...
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
36371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 11/9/12


I assume you're watching via Wi Fi?

Can you try going into 'Settings' and turning off 'Resume Video Playback' and let me know if this helps?
20034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Trois-Rivieres, C...
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

fireaxe wrote:

I'm getting a weird bug on my HTC Incredible S (Android). When I load up the app, the only shows that will show up in each of the categories (Popular, Simulcast, Updated, Alphabetical, etc) are Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Naruto Shippuden and Space Brothers. So only a few random episodes of those series are available, and nothing more.
And my queue, well every show that's suppose to be there is there, but they don't have any video file attached to them so all I'm getting is the "coming soon" thumbnail for each and every one of them... It's been like that for 4 days now, it was working fine since I installed it 2 months ago.
I tried re-installing the app, but to no avail. Did anything like that ever come up in this forum? As it stands now the app is pretty much unusable for me.

EDIT: Just as a supplement of information, logging out doesn't make any difference (the same shows are available, and seem to play fine).
It'd be great if a mod/tech could look into this issue before my subscription automatically renews, so I don't have to cancel it before then... Crunchyroll is a great platform when it actually works...

Okay so it's been almost a week now, can someone please look into this? I understand that this bug might appear a bit peculiar, but it's something that isn't going away and it makes the app completely useless since it cannot play ANY video, except a few episodes of the series I mentioned.
Any kind of support would be appreciated, thanks.
40224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / USA (Greater Wash...
Online
Posted 11/10/12

lizardmech wrote:

It's a fault with the samsung video decoder driver on honeycomb, it's impossible for app developers to fix it on their end. Samsung is hopeless with software support, I have the wifi 7.7 and I just gave up and flashed a custom ROM. I just have android 4.1 on it with flashplayer.apk manually installed. It plays 720p CR flash content without issue and the CR app works if you happened to want view ugly 360p streams.



I wonder what Funimation and Netflix are doing differently then - no issues there... I am able to view the 360p streams on m.crunchyroll.com

Since mine's a 4G Verizion, I don't know if I can flash a different ROM without losing my connectivity though.

Supposedly Verizon approved the ICS update, but just haven't pushed it out yet.
First  Prev  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.