First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
What Is The Meaning Of EVIL To U????
21148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/28/10
I love intelligent women ^.^
Posted 5/28/10 , edited 5/28/10
The essence of evil to me is being a source of injury, suffering or destruction to another human, even another animal or the environment. I dared say the last two because the era and age we live in that is done by almost everyone to a certain degree, directly and indirectly. We have a right to eat and live comfortably, but this should be done in the most efficient and harmless way. Though not being an expert in these methods I have knowledge that suffice to say we can all do better in our own way; individually, collectively, corporately and governmentally. Whether you love nature or couldn't care less we ought a be humane towards the world we inhabit, or else we'd fall into the category of badasses.

Being evil to another human in my opinion doesn't make a person evil. I'm a magnanimous and merciful type of person, much like Goku and Superman desiring to believe in the goodness in people. Those people who are stubborn in their harmful ways to other humans need help and acceptance and mustn't be discarded like trash no matter how sordid their actions may be. I say this because we aren't perfect and everyones got their ill propensities. Some of us have minor follies and others have major faults. Forget evil, the worst thing a person can do is loose hope in the goodness of themselves and others.
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

sindba-d wrote:


lalouse wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:



No it's not alright. Why should a lamb die because of a belief? Such people should sacrifice themselfs instead.

Sacrificing another human is considered evil. But sacrificing a lamb is not good.... it's just less evil.




Don't you eat meat? -.-'


I could understand that comment, why couldn't you?

Eating meat isn't the same as killing without any good reason, just because of a shitty God.


So killing an animal for people to eat is alright, but killing it as a religious view is not alright?
Well humans can eat fruits and vegatables, you don't need to kill an animal to survive.
I'm not saying killing animals is alright, and read what I said first -_-" sacrificing animals is wrong, to the wrong gods...
means if you kill an animal just to show how evil you are for an evil god then thats stupid.
But giving a lamb as a thank you for a good god, like they used to do in the days of jesus, then it's lovely.

4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

Hedbrant wrote:


lalouse wrote:


Don't you eat meat? -.-'


I could almost smell that question.

Yes I eat meat. To feed myself and gain nutrition. Thats the way the food chain goes, humans has always been omnivores.
I never said I don't kill animals.... I grew up in a family of hunters.

But one thing I do hate is meaningless killing


Everything has a reason.
1 lamb as a sacrifice is not going to stop humans from eating, and it's done for a good cause. Giving thanks to a God for giving him hope, or health or whatever.
But killing animals for the Devil or whatever, is stupid.
And you can gain whatever you want from seeds, fruits and vegatables...you don't need to buy meat in order to survive. Just like any other vegatarian alive...
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

lalouse wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:


lalouse wrote:


Don't you eat meat? -.-'


I could almost smell that question.

Yes I eat meat. To feed myself and gain nutrition. Thats the way the food chain goes, humans has always been omnivores.
I never said I don't kill animals.... I grew up in a family of hunters.

But one thing I do hate is meaningless killing


Everything has a reason.
1 lamb as a sacrifice is not going to stop humans from eating, and it's done for a good cause. Giving thanks to a God for giving him hope, or health or whatever.
But killing animals for the Devil or whatever, is stupid.
And you can gain whatever you want from seeds, fruits and vegatables...you don't need to buy meat in order to survive. Just like any other vegatarian alive...


Humans don't need religion to survive... humans need food to survive. Eating others in an instinct that all predators share, including humans.
Sure I can go veggie and survive on plants. But thats not what a body needs. Vegatarians often claim that their food is better for the body. I say BS.

To me, people that makes such sacrifices are just the same as 14-year olds killing cats for fun.

Or would you be happy if someone sacrificed a lamb for you and gave the cadaver to you on your birthday?
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

Hedbrant wrote:


lalouse wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:


lalouse wrote:


Don't you eat meat? -.-'


I could almost smell that question.

Yes I eat meat. To feed myself and gain nutrition. Thats the way the food chain goes, humans has always been omnivores.
I never said I don't kill animals.... I grew up in a family of hunters.

But one thing I do hate is meaningless killing


Everything has a reason.
1 lamb as a sacrifice is not going to stop humans from eating, and it's done for a good cause. Giving thanks to a God for giving him hope, or health or whatever.
But killing animals for the Devil or whatever, is stupid.
And you can gain whatever you want from seeds, fruits and vegatables...you don't need to buy meat in order to survive. Just like any other vegatarian alive...


Humans don't need religion to survive... humans need food to survive. Eating others in an instinct that all predators share, including humans.
Sure I can go veggie and survive on plants. But thats not what a body needs. Vegatarians often claim that their food is better for the body. I say BS.

To me, people that makes such sacrifices are just the same as 14-year olds killing cats for fun.

Or would you be happy if someone sacrificed a lamb for you and gave the cadaver to you on your birthday?


Go stop the world from following religion then. Good luck.

11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

Hedbrant wrote:

Or would you be happy if someone sacrificed a lamb for you and gave the cadaver to you on your birthday?


if the cadaver's fresh, i'll happily cook and eat it. if it's rotting and stinking up the place i'll just take it as an insult and bury it somewhere where my cats and dog can't reach it. i've eaten goats and rabbits but i've never tasted lamb. i hear they taste similar to young goats.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

lalouse wrote:



Go stop the world from following religion then. Good luck.


Just because I don't like religions I don't want to stop people from practicing them (even though I think the world would be a better place without them). But if the religion have ways (like sacrifing) I don't like of course I'm gonna speak my mind, but thats a different thing.

But fine... don't answer...




manzi wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:

Or would you be happy if someone sacrificed a lamb for you and gave the cadaver to you on your birthday?


if the cadaver's fresh, i'll happily cook and eat it. if it's rotting and stinking up the place i'll just take it as an insult and bury it somewhere where my cats and dog can't reach it. i've eaten goats and rabbits but i've never tasted lamb. i hear they taste similar to young goats.


^^,
Anyhow I think you got my point
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

lalouse wrote:



So killing an animal for people to eat is alright, but killing it as a religious view is not alright?
Well humans can eat fruits and vegatables, you don't need to kill an animal to survive.


Not really true. There are a lot of people who are allergic to milk and even eggs and they'll get ill on the long run.


lalouse wrote:
I'm not saying killing animals is alright, and read what I said first -_-" sacrificing animals is wrong, to the wrong gods...
means if you kill an animal just to show how evil you are for an evil god then thats stupid.
But giving a lamb as a thank you for a good god, like they used to do in the days of jesus, then it's lovely.


An imaginary being like a deity is nothing but evil if it needs a living being to die for itself. Be it a human or an animal.

I wouldn't even kill an ant for a God, but I would kill animals to eat them.

Would you kill for a God? The meat will just rot inside some shrine or be burnt and the death of a living being will pretty much be completly meaningless. It will have died for nothing but a stupid idea, the desert demon of the Bible, Qur’an and Torah.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

manzi wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:

Or would you be happy if someone sacrificed a lamb for you and gave the cadaver to you on your birthday?


if the cadaver's fresh, i'll happily cook and eat it. if it's rotting and stinking up the place i'll just take it as an insult and bury it somewhere where my cats and dog can't reach it. i've eaten goats and rabbits but i've never tasted lamb. i hear they taste similar to young goats.


I just ate rabbit on tuesday for the first time. They somehow taste like liver, don't they? I don't like it.
35131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/28/10
EVIL is simply a matter of being, if not a label. It may be easily distinguishable from your point of view, but the other party may be able to relate to them in some way.

Take ruling the world as an example. One would think that he's completely evil and wants to have everyone obey his command. However, he may be trying to create a new world order because he feels the system doesn't work and he thinks he knows how to fix it.
7016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / the stars
Offline
Posted 5/28/10
people that enjoy hurting others that pure evil
31091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Shreveport Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/28/10 , edited 5/28/10
Hmm...the Christian god. That's my definition of evil. Forces his followers to feel guilty about what makes them feel good - even if it's harmless to society. Yep, God = Pure Evil.

Kind of funny things worked out this way, myths of the past have the devil character gifting humanity with fire, even though the gods wanted them to stay ignorant and die. Just saying...

Oh yeah...and look at all the people that have killed in God's name. You'd never see a pagan do that.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA, Idaho
Offline
Posted 5/28/10
I say it when people piss me off for one reason or the other.

2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/28/10

DemonSL wrote:

Hmm...the Christian god. That's my definition of evil. Forces his followers to feel guilty about what makes them feel good - even if it's harmless to society. Yep, God = Pure Evil.

Kind of funny things worked out this way, myths of the past have the devil character gifting humanity with fire, even though the gods wanted them to stay ignorant and die. Just saying...

Oh yeah...and look at all the people that have killed in God's name. You'd never see a pagan do that.


Strangled and/or drowned for some pagan deity.



Monotheism evolved from Polytheism. Monotheism is just all those ancient demons combined in one single deity.

The God of Jews, Christians and Muslims is just an ancient egyptian deity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten#Religious_policies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aten
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.