Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Nephilims
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 5/29/10 , edited 5/30/10
Mods, please erase flamers

----------------

It is an interesting topic now because recently, many archeologist claim that they found evidences that a Nephilims existed. In the internet, many photos are circulating; however, i find it to be a product of photo manip...or is it?

i am not disproving nor approving the ideas of a nephilim. I just find it interesting and hope that some people from the Christian, Islam and Jewish sect, indulge me with this information.

I am a skeptic of this issue but given the fact that the catholics and the government are good in covering, i'm getting into an ambivalent stance.

if Nephilims are real then a lot of discredited ideas like the greek, norse, egyptian etc mythologies might be real in some points and so as the aliens, which i find it a crap

----------

edited:

Nephilims are mostly explained in the Book of Enoch but apparently, this book was rejected by the modern churches. It is a curious case since Jesus made some quotes from this book so as the other apostles.

Nephilims were also thought to have taught us medicine, astrology and sorcery. (" This is a practical explanation about why there is no apparent evolution of early culture; just a sudden burst of knowledge with no evident progression of learning. It not only seems that our ancestors were taught advanced skills, but the records of many ancient cultures testify to that reality." - Patrick Cooke, http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0407/fallenangels2.html)

People were wondering how the stone henge was made, the pyramids, the signs ina the naska mountains, the mayan technology etc. Could the story of the Nephilims be the source of it all?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/10
I do believe that Nephilims existed, but I am skeptical about what they are claiming to be the Nephilim. They have also claimed to have found Noah's Ark on Mount Arrarat in Turkey, I am skeptical about this as well. I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions until it has been solidly proven and confirmed. However, do you think the scientific community would accept that they are truly Nephilim? Or would they blindly deny it?
Posted 5/29/10
To be honest, you cannot excluded different types of people from posting in your thread, it never works, but I will delete thread posts if they get too out of hand.

To be on topic, the Nephilim were a race of giants that were produced by the sexual union of the sons of God (presumably fallen angels) and the daughters of men. Eh, sounds like a bunch of hoo-ha to me. It seems yet again people are jumping to conclusions, kinda like back in the 1950's when mass hysteria erupted due to the fact that people believed aliens were going to take over the earth.
53816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/29/10
Would this find stop the clowns that kill in religions name. And proven fact could people get along better? I personally would like to see if it is truth or scam.
Posted 5/29/10 , edited 5/29/10
Giants? What about the titans? We can't just keep it exclusively to the Nephilim.

However, for the sake of this thread, we will.

Here is a sculpture with one of the Nephilim.


The Nephilim were supposedly an antediluvian race of giants from the Holy Bible. They were children born from the "daughters of men." The Sons of God. They disappeared because of the Great Flood, hence why they were called antediluvian; from before the flood.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 5/30/10

Tandokude wrote:

Giants? What about the titans? We can't just keep it exclusively to the Nephilim.

However, for the sake of this thread, we will.

Here is a sculpture with one of the Nephilim.


The Nephilim were supposedly an antediluvian race of giants from the Holy Bible. They were children born from the "daughters of men." The Sons of God. They disappeared because of the Great Flood, hence why they were called antediluvian; from before the flood.


if the nephilim is true, titans would be plausible.

Nephilims were called watchers and is somehow similar to greek, norse, egyptian gods who governs a certain aspect in the universe. I think it is only a coincidence but applying Descarte's principle, everything is doubt-able.
53816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 5/30/10 , edited 5/31/10
1
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/30/10
Well I had to google Nephilims also couldn't find anything about them and relate them to Islam at all. They aren't mentioned anywhere in the Quran either. What was interesting is when I googled some websites talk about them returning on the last day with anti-christ. Sorry lol thats as much as I can offer here if anyone else kind find some information and relate them to Islam that would be helpful. I understand why you asked the mods to watch this thread because of the anti-religious zealots who tend to go off topic and whose whole purpose is to distort anything you say regardless of what information you give them. It really ruins threads and turns it into a flame war which often at times get them locks.
Posted 5/30/10

alupihan45 wrote:


Tandokude wrote:

Giants? What about the titans? We can't just keep it exclusively to the Nephilim.

However, for the sake of this thread, we will.

Here is a sculpture with one of the Nephilim.


The Nephilim were supposedly an antediluvian race of giants from the Holy Bible. They were children born from the "daughters of men." The Sons of God. They disappeared because of the Great Flood, hence why they were called antediluvian; from before the flood.


if the nephilim is true, titans would be plausible.

Nephilims were called watchers and is somehow similar to greek, norse, egyptian gods who governs a certain aspect in the universe. I think it is only a coincidence but applying Descarte's principle, everything is doubt-able.


"Dubito ergo cogito, dibito ergo sum." -Descartes

He was certainly right. I have read some of his work. I think no greater metaphysicist lived than him.
Posted 5/30/10

Tandokude wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:


Tandokude wrote:

Giants? What about the titans? We can't just keep it exclusively to the Nephilim.

However, for the sake of this thread, we will.

Here is a sculpture with one of the Nephilim.


The Nephilim were supposedly an antediluvian race of giants from the Holy Bible. They were children born from the "daughters of men." The Sons of God. They disappeared because of the Great Flood, hence why they were called antediluvian; from before the flood.


if the nephilim is true, titans would be plausible.

Nephilims were called watchers and is somehow similar to greek, norse, egyptian gods who governs a certain aspect in the universe. I think it is only a coincidence but applying Descarte's principle, everything is doubt-able.


"Dubito ergo cogito, dibito ergo sum." -Descartes

He was certainly right. I have read some of his work. I think no greater metaphysicist lived than him.
However, when he made that statement he was in a condition of total isolation, hence no contact from other individuals. This presents a contradiction of can he doubt another individual's independent thinking based on his principle?

In the end, we're back to evidence-based justification, in order for us to be certain of the fact that is the reality that we're all in. Which itself is objectively outside of our subjective awareness.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/10
Why must this discussion be opened to a limited group of people from a similiar religious background? I am sure atheist, Buddhists, Jians, Taoist, Shintos, &c. would have some meaningful to contribute to the idea of the Nefilims.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

orangeflute wrote:

Why must this discussion be opened to a limited group of people from a similiar religious background? I am sure atheist, Buddhists, Jians, Taoist, Shintos, &c. would have some meaningful to contribute to the idea of the Nefilims.


they would but all of their stories would be personal opinions. the three mentioned religion has written text about the Nephilims (in christians, it was rejected). From there, we can study with philosophy and theology, which i believe the three religion has.

but there is no hate here. we just want to study the possibility of this thing
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

Tandokude wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:


Tandokude wrote:

Giants? What about the titans? We can't just keep it exclusively to the Nephilim.

However, for the sake of this thread, we will.

Here is a sculpture with one of the Nephilim.


The Nephilim were supposedly an antediluvian race of giants from the Holy Bible. They were children born from the "daughters of men." The Sons of God. They disappeared because of the Great Flood, hence why they were called antediluvian; from before the flood.


if the nephilim is true, titans would be plausible.

Nephilims were called watchers and is somehow similar to greek, norse, egyptian gods who governs a certain aspect in the universe. I think it is only a coincidence but applying Descarte's principle, everything is doubt-able.


"Dubito ergo cogito, dibito ergo sum." -Descartes

He was certainly right. I have read some of his work. I think no greater metaphysicist lived than him.


maybe he does. hehe. his concepts can drive a person insane
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/10

alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

Why must this discussion be opened to a limited group of people from a similiar religious background? I am sure atheist, Buddhists, Jians, Taoist, Shintos, &c. would have some meaningful to contribute to the idea of the Nefilims.


they would but all of their stories would be personal opinions. the three mentioned religion has written text about the Nephilims (in christians, it was rejected). From there, we can study with philosophy and theology, which i believe the three religion has.

but there is no hate here. we just want to study the possibility of this thing


Different cultures has different stories on Giants and such, comparable to the Nefilims.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 5/31/10 , edited 5/31/10
Here we see a steady decline in the lifespan of the rulers of Númenor. I think this is a serious issue to be considered. The 'Giant' blood must have become diluted in them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_N%C3%BAmenor
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.