First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Christians
73723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 6/8/07
@ hokie: point taken, but I'm not sure about your "food" example. For one thing, I don't think it's right to make this the general truth for christian denominations. True, some have ways of "luring" others into believing god, but in the end, they can only do so much as to make them believe. In Religion, it goes beyond belief, but it enters "faith" as well. To those who admit god's exsistence simply because someone gave them food and told them they were called by god is simple belief. Belief can change, with evidence, with the change of times, belief can become disbelief. So those who simply believe God because of something they obtained will most probably come to disbelieve in him when that thing is taken away.

This is what I meant when I said it is more than who gets what in the end. When you enter the level of faith, it's different. You believe on a level beyond reason (fide et ratio... real interesting read, but I can't remember who wrote it... I'll tell you when I figure it out), you come to see this "God" that you're talking about.

So no, I find your example rather shallow in reference to "believing" god. For those who "believe" in god because of the food given to them, this is only the first step. Those who manipulate him into believing God cannot control what his heart feels and where it will go - if it continues towards Him or away from him. So you can make someone believe, but you can just as hell cannot make them have faith.

I hope I'm making sense, and I hope I don't sound like I'm getting angry or anything.
6989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ♠♥♣♦~philippines~...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
^^WOW!!! the posts here became so DEEP!!!
well i just left for many hours(sleep wake..take a bath...and everyday work....and then)
Viola!!...
anyway thx edsamac ^___^...^^you don't even sound angry heheh....

well guys...i got this question which runs in my head...
well here's the Q..:
does most of the scientist don't believe on GOD??
(well if the answer is yes...well how can someone who believes and wants to become a scientist avoid to be one of these guys...???)
well it's kinda simple but anyone can explain this....
22529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Im The Wolf In Yo...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
not to freak anyone out especially not guys because when i say this they usually freak out but here goes yes i am Christian and i am also a pastor daughter. [that last part usually freaks unchristian guys out so it will be a miracle if i can get a boyfriend having to tell them that] it is like they think i am to holy for them because of that. that really ticks me off!
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
Christian and proud of it. I play for my church's youth band and help organize in youth activities.

I <3 hillsong.

Zeph 3:17
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
Hill songs is ok but some of their teaching is kinda contriversial... its good for just the experience of God love, but i would say it was my church of personal choice. But yeah im a proud Christian and lead alot of activities, im currently the president of a christian group for the University of technology Sydney
6989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ♠♥♣♦~philippines~...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

DarkFireWolf wrote:

not to freak anyone out especially not guys because when i say this they usually freak out but here goes yes i am Christian and i am also a pastor daughter. [that last part usually freaks unchristian guys out so it will be a miracle if i can get a boyfriend having to tell them that] it is like they think i am to holy for them because of that. that really ticks me off!


well just ignore guys like that^__^
anyway.....even though your a pastor's daughter...many guys will still like you ..
there's many more guys there..so we knows maybe there's one that god reserved just for you ..heheh
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

konggo wrote:

Hill songs is ok but some of their teaching is kinda contriversial... its good for just the experience of God love, but i would say it was my church of personal choice. But yeah im a proud Christian and lead alot of activities, im currently the president of a christian group for the University of technology Sydney


Sonicflood, then? :P

182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

ishiro_yumeshi wrote:


DarkFireWolf wrote:

not to freak anyone out especially not guys because when i say this they usually freak out but here goes yes i am Christian and i am also a pastor daughter. [that last part usually freaks unchristian guys out so it will be a miracle if i can get a boyfriend having to tell them that] it is like they think i am to holy for them because of that. that really ticks me off!


well just ignore guys like that^__^
anyway.....even though your a pastor's daughter...many guys will still like you ..
there's many more guys there..so we knows maybe there's one that god reserved just for you ..heheh


I dont mind if a girl is "all holy" and stuff. All i fear is ticking of a protective dad that happens to be a pastor. But then again, having a christian girl (girlfriend, or just a frien isnt that bad. That way, i have something in common with her. And you;ll be sure that all the guys that would go for you are chrisitan as well.

OT:Sorry for the doublepost, is that illegal here?
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

arckham wrote:


konggo wrote:

Hill songs is ok but some of their teaching is kinda contriversial... its good for just the experience of God love, but i would say it was my church of personal choice. But yeah im a proud Christian and lead alot of activities, im currently the president of a christian group for the University of technology Sydney


Sonicflood, then? :P


Sonicflood???????
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

konggo wrote:


arckham wrote:


konggo wrote:

Hill songs is ok but some of their teaching is kinda contriversial... its good for just the experience of God love, but i would say it was my church of personal choice. But yeah im a proud Christian and lead alot of activities, im currently the president of a christian group for the University of technology Sydney


Sonicflood, then? :P


Sonicflood???????


Never heard of em, eh? Try searching for their music sometime. though most of their songs are revived versions of old ones, they're still pretty good. Another cool contemporary christian band though not as cool as hillsong united.

6989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ♠♥♣♦~philippines~...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

arckham wrote:


ishiro_yumeshi wrote:


DarkFireWolf wrote:

not to freak anyone out especially not guys because when i say this they usually freak out but here goes yes i am Christian and i am also a pastor daughter. [that last part usually freaks unchristian guys out so it will be a miracle if i can get a boyfriend having to tell them that] it is like they think i am to holy for them because of that. that really ticks me off!


well just ignore guys like that^__^
anyway.....even though your a pastor's daughter...many guys will still like you ..
there's many more guys there..so we knows maybe there's one that god reserved just for you ..heheh


I dont mind if a girl is "all holy" and stuff. All i fear is ticking of a protective dad that happens to be a pastor. But then again, having a christian girl (girlfriend, or just a frien isnt that bad. That way, i have something in common with her. And you;ll be sure that all the guys that would go for you are chrisitan as well.

OT:Sorry for the doublepost, is that illegal here?



well yah.. you kinda have a point there..
anyway...the double post thing.. i think it's you should've edit it instead...^____^
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

arckham wrote:


konggo wrote:


arckham wrote:


konggo wrote:

Hill songs is ok but some of their teaching is kinda contriversial... its good for just the experience of God love, but i would say it was my church of personal choice. But yeah im a proud Christian and lead alot of activities, im currently the president of a christian group for the University of technology Sydney


Sonicflood, then? :P


Sonicflood???????


Never heard of em, eh? Try searching for their music sometime. though most of their songs are revived versions of old ones, they're still pretty good. Another cool contemporary Christian band though not as cool as hillsong united.



Ah i mean hill song as a church in Sydney Australia there is a huge mega church called hill song kinda, presbyterian mega churches that has 1000+ at its church services and al the people wave their hands and kinda scream Amen for no good reason... i think they have these churches all over the places.... anyway i am kinda picky in wht they teach as a church.. the whole speaking in tongues and sudden healing at the church when the leader put his hand on you kinda is well.... very very controversial......

anyway that's that. In regards the the catholic and Christian debate.. there are from my understanding two main types of catholics today...

the modern catholic who believes that Jesus dies for our sins and that a belief in Him is all you need for eternal life and the conservative catholic whole believes that to be a Christian you need the sacrament ie baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist(the bread and wine) and then the last rights.so a catholic and Christian are different but still.... does that make a little more sense????

in the end we are all sisters and brother in Christ so who cares....
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

ishiro_yumeshi wrote:well yah.. you kinda have a point there..
anyway...the double post thing.. i think it's you should've edit it instead...^____^

I think being a pastor's kid isnt that bad. Just as long as your parent's lectures dont turn into sunday sermons. Lol.

So i'll doublequote. haha.


konggo wrote:
Ah i mean hill song as a church in Sydney Australia there is a huge mega church called hill song kinda, presbyterian mega churches that has 1000+ at its church services and al the people wave their hands and kinda scream Amen for no good reason... i think they have these churches all over the places.... anyway i am kinda picky in wht they teach as a church.. the whole speaking in tongues and sudden healing at the church when the leader put his hand on you kinda is well.... very very controversial......

anyway that's that. In regards the the catholic and Christian debate.. there are from my understanding two main types of catholics today...

the modern catholic who believes that Jesus dies for our sins and that a belief in Him is all you need for eternal life and the conservative catholic whole believes that to be a Christian you need the sacrament ie baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist(the bread and wine) and then the last rights.so a catholic and Christian are different but still.... does that make a little more sense????

in the end we are all sisters and brother in Christ so who cares....

Yeah, there's this JIL church here in the philippines that does that. Instan healing and stuff. I think its a sham too. That stuff never happens at my church. "God's healing" takes time as far as im concerned. But it works.

And oh, i dont really know much about the hillsongs church. It's their music that i love.

And on that catholic thing. The "catholic-christians" arent that common anymore. Considering that my country is of mainly spanish heritage and more than half of our population is catholic.
6989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ♠♥♣♦~philippines~...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
^^ hahah.. right.. most filipinos are catholics...
well what's really a catholic-christian...
is it a catholic that became a christian or a catholic that considered catholic as christian...
(i'm a bit confused^_^)
8047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Columbia, Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
Just so you know, Ishiro, it's very possible to be a scientist and believe in God. Benjamin Franklin, for all his scientific achievements, were very firmly founded in Christianity. As for the catholic christian thing, a catholic christian would be someone who was raised catholic and became christian.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.