First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Christians
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
not you arano i ment to the guy a couple entrys above
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
more so how do you what God wants us to do? your just saying that cause thats whats been saying by those before you who had similar thoughts passed down to them by those that broke from the church a few hundred years ago... just cause you think it doesnt make it so... it doesnt matter how you think the text of the bible is meaning.... its to complex it is the divine inspired word of God ... so ive heard passed down the grape vine... humans arent up to understanding it... let people live their livesan learn from thier grievous mistakes... besides what about charity? what about kindness? what about humility?

2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Soon to be SCAD
Offline
Posted 5/31/07

arano wrote:

^lol,what is "the word"?what is the message"?
its interpretation.if i wanted to do so i could interpretate the bible in such a way that you have to kill babys drink blood and drive a hummer,to come to heaven,read the bible again,without somebody who tells you what it means,without explanation and you will find out its the most mysterious unclear book ever!


If you really want to do that you can. What I said before is that one specific sect of Christianity didn't recieve one message (whether it be love or eating babies) and do no research past that. What the message is doesn't matter to my arguement, it was how people came to that message. And when I said the word, I meant just that. Words.

As for someone to guide you along, I do look to people for help as well, but the ultimate conclusion is up to me.
Posted 5/31/07


[EDIT] And please, if you are going to quote, just quote. By telling us what they mean you are in a way contradictiong your point. That is to interpret it the way you see fit. You are also not infallible.

This is not directed at you, but I find the idea of pulling specific quotes from the bible pointless. You can easily find one line that will contradict the other. I understand you are just trying to provide evedince (and we all know that people need to do that more in threads) but to really prove anything you need to get the message as a whole.


You're right, I'm such a hypocrite x.x I'm sorry.
2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Soon to be SCAD
Offline
Posted 5/31/07

AleksisMichael wrote:

more so how do you what God wants us to do? your just saying that cause thats whats been saying by those before you who had similar thoughts passed down to them by those that broke from the church a few hundred years ago... just cause you think it doesnt make it so... it doesnt matter how you think the text of the bible is meaning.... its to complex it is the divine inspired word of God ... so ive heard passed down the grape vine... humans arent up to understanding it... let people live their livesan learn from thier grievous mistakes... besides what about charity? what about kindness? what about humility?



Sorry for the double post, but I can see you've never been confirmed by my church.

A couple of people were not allowed to be confirmed because they only wanted to do it because their parents were catholics.

Saying things like that, although I know and have admitted that it happens often, is a generalization.

My 1st post, btw, was only trying to disspell the thought that catholics only turned to one infallible man for the answers. (wrong)
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/07

VailleX wrote:


arano wrote:


VailleX wrote:

Catholics are no Christians..


But yeas i'm christian! and i love God so much that i will type it in this thread


yes they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholics

and for all that born again people,you are protestants(and christians like the catholics!):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-again


i have a totally different interpretation but whatever, we are all entitled to our opinions


ROFL,that was not an opinion,thats a fact,lol you dont even know what your believes are.
but hey,your not alone with this,most christions(protestants or catholics)dont even know about what they believe in.

2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Soon to be SCAD
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
^yeah, sorry.

It's like a all snakes are reptiles but not all reptiles are snakes arguement.

(the snakes being catholic and the reptiles being christian)
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
....thats really not a great comparison ....in the mind ... chooco
:-\
2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Soon to be SCAD
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
Meh, only through connotations it isn't a good example. Denotative I think it is right on the money. If you can think of a better exaple, feel free to use it.
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
its a fact!learn your religions history at least.i know,most of you didnt even read the bible,but that your now even claming to be the"christians"is just stupid.you didnt even red the links,right?just like the bible!
Posted 5/31/07

its a fact!learn your religions history at least.i know,most of you didnt even read the bible,but that your now even claming to be the"christians"is just stupid.you didnt even red the links,right?just like the bible!


It's not about reading the bible, going to church, preforming some sort of ritual or tradition. It's about our faith in God, the realization that we need God. That's what determines our christianity, and although going to church, and reading the bible is important to us, it's not what determines our salvation.
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
talk like that is because the protesting has gone so far as to show even those not paying attention that it is wrong and destructive to society.... plz get back in teh Catholic Church now .... at least get babtized... have confession an wear a scapular plz
Posted 5/31/07
I'm already baptized, I decided to become baptized when I was twelve.
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/07

lumiina wrote:


its a fact!learn your religions history at least.i know,most of you didnt even read the bible,but that your now even claming to be the"christians"is just stupid.you didnt even red the links,right?just like the bible!


It's not about reading the bible, going to church, preforming some sort of ritual or tradition. It's about our faith in God, the realization that we need God. That's what determines our christianity, and although going to church, and reading the bible is important to us, it's not what determines our salvation.


so you dont need to know what are you believing!and you just have to blindly believe,right!your are a great example of those who believe in something they dont even know,and try to defend it without any arguments,just plane stupid believing.


2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Soon to be SCAD
Offline
Posted 5/31/07
^that depends on what sect of christianity you believe in.

I believe that someone has to open up their heart to him, but they cannpt simply say I heart jesus, go off and commint sins, and come back expecting a free ticket.

That opinion and the definition of sin are all a part of what sect of christianity you are in.

About the comment before lumiina's, why would you say that? Yes, there are people who stand on soap boxes and there are loons. But you have those for political parties too, as well as many other things I'm sure. Religion can be a healthy for some and have a perfectly non-cult effect. Perhaps you have not been helped in anyway by religion, but when I went through depression, that was the only thing there for me. Don't say it's a bad thing based off of a few generalizations. Coming from someone who has faith and sanity at once, think before you say something, or at least expand.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.