First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Why bleach?
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

shiizuna wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


shiizuna wrote:

Because Bleach is way better than K-On!


Oh my god this is so not true.


I'm sorry but K-On! is gay.


People need to stop naming everything they see gay.

Bleach is more overrated and a lot of people think so too.
1722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/3/10
So monster on crunchyroll?
Posted 6/3/10

Mulder8281 wrote:


Unellmay wrote:
Urg if only they didn't waste their money on generic Shonen show B


I gotta agree with the person earlier - Bleach is a pretty good show. And I wouldn't say it's a generic shonen show. Sure, there are lots of generic parts to it, but the same could be said of most any anime in its particular genre. Bleach has a ton of terrific characters, a very broad scope, a storyline that actually seems to have been plotted out from early on, terrific character designs, great opening and closing themes, and some well-choreographed fights.

That being said, I hate fillers, and Bleach is full of them. And I really hate long, drawn-out fights - again, Bleach is full of that. If (and I know "if" isn't real) Bleach was condensed to about 80 episodes instead of the current 270+ (see the new DBZ series), I think it'd be hard to deny that the show is a modern anime classic.

Now, about K-On - I've only watched the first season, and I enjoyed it, but I came away feeling very empty. It was cute, the music was cool and the characters were fun, but there was no plot progression and minimal character development. A couple of weeks ago, Erin Finnegan at Anime News Network mentioned Aristotle's six important parts of theater, and plot and character are numbers one and two. K-On severely lacks in those areas; so while I really enjoyed it while I watched it, I walked away feeling somewhat like I wasted my time and with little interest for the new season.


you don't always need a "deep" plot for a good series, some times people just want to watch a cute show or watch cute girls doing cute things. not everyone watches anime for a huge meaning or "deep" plot, I tend to do both since I love all genres' but bleach is just... boring it's just a big rescue arc with shitty female character that look appealing which is one reason I tend to avoid the newer shounen series. They just make the females seem USELESS. One a side note I hate ann with a passion because of he moral high grounds and white nights around, but I think you know what I am talking about.
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

Unellmay wrote:


Mulder8281 wrote:

I think it'd be hard to deny that the show is a modern anime classic.


I was gonna make a semi lengthy reply on why it's a boring generic show but then I read this and thought to myself

What's would be the point?



My quote was totally taken out of context...
Posted 6/3/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

They're all equally shitty and over-rated anime.
There, I've said it.


but K-on has lolis ;__;
Posted 6/3/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

They're all equally shitty and over-rated anime.
There, I've said it.


but K-on has lolis ;__;


That's the only reason people watch it. Other than that, it's crap.
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
you don't always need a "deep" plot for a good series, some times people just want to watch a cute show or watch cute girls doing cute things. not everyone watches anime for a huge meaning or "deep" plot, I tend to do both since I love all genres' but bleach is just... boring it's just a big rescue arc with shitty female character that look appealing which is one reason I tend to avoid the newer shounen series. They just make the females seem USELESS. One a side note I hate ann with a passion because of he moral high grounds and white nights around, but I think you know what I am talking about.


No, you're absolutely right about a series not needing a deep plot to be good. In fact, most of my favorite shows don't have "deep" plots. But give me something! K-On just moved on toward nothing...

Compare it to Azumanga Daioh, a very similar show. Besides having more compelling characters, the show actually moved toward something. Each character matured, if even a bit, and their relationships grew. In K-On, the creators imply that everyone is close, although they rarely show how they became close.

That's not to say that K-On is a complete loss. The characters are cute and fun. The music is contagious. And the animation is terrific. But I personally needed something more.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


Mulder8281 wrote:


Unellmay wrote:
Urg if only they didn't waste their money on generic Shonen show B


I gotta agree with the person earlier - Bleach is a pretty good show. And I wouldn't say it's a generic shonen show. Sure, there are lots of generic parts to it, but the same could be said of most any anime in its particular genre. Bleach has a ton of terrific characters, a very broad scope, a storyline that actually seems to have been plotted out from early on, terrific character designs, great opening and closing themes, and some well-choreographed fights.

That being said, I hate fillers, and Bleach is full of them. And I really hate long, drawn-out fights - again, Bleach is full of that. If (and I know "if" isn't real) Bleach was condensed to about 80 episodes instead of the current 270+ (see the new DBZ series), I think it'd be hard to deny that the show is a modern anime classic.

Now, about K-On - I've only watched the first season, and I enjoyed it, but I came away feeling very empty. It was cute, the music was cool and the characters were fun, but there was no plot progression and minimal character development. A couple of weeks ago, Erin Finnegan at Anime News Network mentioned Aristotle's six important parts of theater, and plot and character are numbers one and two. K-On severely lacks in those areas; so while I really enjoyed it while I watched it, I walked away feeling somewhat like I wasted my time and with little interest for the new season.


you don't always need a "deep" plot for a good series, some times people just want to watch a cute show or watch cute girls doing cute things. not everyone watches anime for a huge meaning or "deep" plot, I tend to do both since I love all genres' but bleach is just... boring it's just a big rescue arc with shitty female character that look appealing which is one reason I tend to avoid the newer shounen series. They just make the females seem USELESS. One a side note I hate ann with a passion because of he moral high grounds and white nights around, but I think you know what I am talking about.


This is also true. <3 Cecil

======
Both K-ON! and Bleach are overrated but K-ON! is undoubtedly the better series. Why the other one is more popular? Because it's your typical shounen series and how it's being marketed like crazy all over the US, no, world.

It's really pointless arguing on which one is better because there is no way fans from different sides would agree to each other, but you'll fight back when the other bashes your side.

(wtf is this shit i'm talking about? O_o)
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 6/3/10 , edited 6/3/10

ah~ ic, your point, but you should be a little more compassionate when posting :O. It sometimes makes you seem like a bitch, but you aren't :3
but i don't watch anime anymore :O
1722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

They're all equally shitty and over-rated anime.
There, I've said it.


but K-on has lolis ;__;


That's the only reason people watch it. Other than that, it's crap.


It really isn't but whatever
Posted 6/3/10 , edited 6/3/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

They're all equally shitty and over-rated anime.
There, I've said it.


but K-on has lolis ;__;


That's the only reason people watch it. Other than that, it's crap.


o.o well hmmmm i will leave you with this.
2174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/10

Why K-ON!?

Why not One Piece?


fundimation already has a contract
Posted 6/3/10

How mature.
102495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paradise⌒☆
Offline
Posted 6/3/10
Why's this a thread to begin with O_o?
Posted 6/3/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


How mature.


O-O shit i picked the wrong pic >_< I meant for this pics i is sowwy
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.