First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Crunchyroll, Dattebayo, VIZ and YOU!
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/10 , edited 6/7/10

jamac13 wrote:

Who subs and how they sub videos is always going to be a point of debate. I know CR can not change subs because of legal issues.

Maybe CR could change the streaming video player however. Make it able to include fan subs that play with the streaming video, but are not part of it.

We could then still support the industry by paying to watch, but also see our preferred subs or subs in additional languages.

Best of both worlds maybe.


We already have an advanced system set up to do just that, but we do not have permission to utilize it. Our Publishers only want professional subs to be used. This is also covered slightly in the FAQ.

Edit: Updated the FAQ to include more information on this.
75656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
Hurray!!! ^_^ I'm so happy CR got Bleach!!!

Don't know if being happy is OT, but the original thread was locked, and I got so bogged down in discussions there I did not spend enough time celebrating.

And most excellent FAQ!

If only East Tokyo United beats Nagoya Grand Palace next Sunday, it will be a perfect week!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Giant_Killing
71070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/10

BasouKazuma wrote:


jamac13 wrote:

Who subs and how they sub videos is always going to be a point of debate. I know CR can not change subs because of legal issues.

Maybe CR could change the streaming video player however. Make it able to include fan subs that play with the streaming video, but are not part of it.

We could then still support the industry by paying to watch, but also see our preferred subs or subs in additional languages.

Best of both worlds maybe.


We already have an advanced system set up to do just that, but we do not have permission to utilize it. Our Publishers only want professional subs to be used. This is also covered slightly in the FAQ.

Edit: Updated the FAQ to include more information on this.



Just leave the video as it. They don't tell you what adds you can put in the videos or what can be on the left/right banners when the video plays. (well maybe they do but I'd be supprised) It shouldn't be an issues for additional notes or subs to be displayed if chosesn by the user. (Of course not overlay on the video cause I can see issues with that, but below the video area.)
Member
54423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
I don't like how you can't give us a number on how much your people are paid vs. how much goes back to the animators. would you feel more comfortable giving a percentage? because your uncertainty about giving a number makes me doubt the animators are getting there fair share of profits.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
The only problem I have is, doesn't this belong in the anime section instead of general, cause not every Forum goer goes to general section =|
Member
91108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
this definitely will answers some people's questions, but my question is how come it took so long to lock the other thread.?
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/10 , edited 6/7/10

MimoriEisen wrote:

I don't like how you can't give us a number on how much your people are paid vs. how much goes back to the animators. would you feel more comfortable giving a percentage? because your uncertainty about giving a number makes me doubt the animators are getting there fair share of profits.


I can't give a number since I personally don't know and, if I did ask someone for the specific numbers, I still wouldn't be able to disclose the information since it's our policy to keep financial data confidential (I prefer to not know since I do not like withholding information). All I can say is what our official statement is on the subject, which is that most (meaning anywhere from 50-90%) goes to our partners. The rest goes towards the costs to run the site. We wouldn't be able to make deals to have these shows available if the companies didn't feel they were getting their fair share.



munchthis wrote:

this definitely will answers some people's questions, but my question is how come it took so long to lock the other thread.?


Locking one thread just means the arguments would continue somewhere else. I only locked it because I made this thread which covers the never-ending circle talk that was present in the official announcement thread.


Baka-God wrote:

The only problem I have is, doesn't this belong in the anime section instead of general, cause not every Forum goer goes to general section =|


Actually you're right, doesn't really belong here. I'll move it to the Bleach library forum.
Member
Zhiroc 
67185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/10

MimoriEisen wrote:

I don't like how you can't give us a number on how much your people are paid vs. how much goes back to the animators. would you feel more comfortable giving a percentage? because your uncertainty about giving a number makes me doubt the animators are getting there fair share of profits.


Frankly, no business is ever going to disclose the financial workings of deals with suppliers, because each is negotiated on a case by case basis, and neither side wants to give their competitors such information, which could place them at a disadvantage for the next negotiation.
Member
jree78 
70288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
It's official db says their going to drop Bleach on their website.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
I must thank the people at DB. Hopefully people will be less upset with us now.
http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/135
Member
55664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States, Mc...
Offline
Posted 6/7/10

BasouKazuma wrote:

I must thank the people at DB. Hopefully people will be less upset with us now.
http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/135


First thank you Man XD for locking that thread, it was just pure flame city to anyone trying to calm it down.

Second BIG BIG Kudos to DB for saying that ^_^. I do prefer their subs, but the torch has been passed and the ERA of CR begins.

(crinches for a sudden flame attack) <.<......... >.>
2008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
Just as a question regarding crunchyroll, and bleach. Why doesn't crunchyroll provide downloads? It could be easily done. Is it a legal issue(with your license), as I prefer Downloads as it is nicer to watch a video on the fly as opposed to having to go online. I can easily stream, but downloads seem to make the most sense, as well as the fact that most media players have many more features than a flash-encoded stream. I would be fine with a paid DL or something(or a premium feature), but I feel it may help ease the transition as well as fit our wants/needs(for all those who watch through a PS3).
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/10 , edited 6/7/10
^ We don't have the right to offer Direct Downloads for most of the shows we have available, which includes Naruto and Bleach. We used to have a Direct Download service but it was discontinued.

Our SD quality videos work through the PS3's browser, just so you know. Also, 480P kind of works but stutters a lot and 720P basically doesn't work at all.

Edit: Updated the FAQ.
Member
58051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
wait does this mean the simulcast is not in HD? or are you just saying when you had the d/l they weren't any good?
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
Bleach's simulcast episodes will be provided in 720P, I was just saying that none of our 720P videos work in the PS3's browser with their special version of Adobe Flash.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.