First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
People, ECCHI doesn't always mean CRAP, so stop hating. Or better yet, PEOPLE, DO NOT GENERALIZE.
Posted 6/13/10
What's ecchi?...
Anyway, can't do anything about it if someone generalize what you like. It's called different viewpoints, no matter how disapproving and upsetting (or childish) it is.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/13/10

mystic17 wrote:

What's ecchi?...
Anyway, can't do anything about it if someone generalize what you like. It's called different viewpoints, no matter how disapproving and upsetting (or childish) it is.


Sure you can.. You can educate them!
That is if their not so brain dead that their not willing to learn something about something they claim to be fans of.

I am a fan of learning about everything I can and the facts about it. I do not understand why others would not.

Its not about generalizing what I like or what she likes, or what he likes. Its about generalizing things without a true understanding of things. its about the show of Ignorance.
1561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/13/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'I get tired of today's kids and their low brow thinking that older animeeshun sucks compared to newer anime, or their mindless fad like attitude toward hating Dubs.








I watch all types. I even watch Shugo Chara (I am a guy).
64240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 6/13/10
I've found shows I enjoy in nearly every genre. If you don't assume the show will suck because its x or y type and you watch an episode or two you might be pleasantly surprised.
6308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 6/13/10
I'm a guy and I admit to liking Shugo Chara and Kimi Ni Todoke.
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/13/10
I don't care about ecchi or other stuff as long as the story is good. But if it focuses too much on it like school days, I'll ditch that crap..(no offense) I've seen a few episodes of air gear the storyline is good.

Look at code geass it has some ecchi too, now look at the storyline. It's really good. Not a lot of people notice the ecchi in it because of the greatness of the story.Bottom line is as long as the ecchi is controlled it's fine by me, too much and I'll ditch that crap (no offense again)

Now can I ask, Why do you people hate [b]Naruto?? I know bcause sometimes it's popularity gets really annoying sometimes but the story is great what's the problem??
914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/10
Lol i feel you.... its coz when ders like kinda echii it makes the story like err make u hyper XD? IDK thats what i think
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 6/14/10
That's because most anime nowadays use generic plots and therefore people tend to generalize a certain genre as a whole. I say, blame the writer/mangaka for their lack of originality... At least, most of them anyway.
Posted 6/14/10
big fukin AYE! but honestly, u know wats worse?? I believe I speak for all straight men that yaoi titles are just down right horrible! I mean... guy to guy action!? Jesus H Christ
T-Rish 
40422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/14/10 , edited 6/14/10
I think every anime has some Ecchi-ness to it... It doesn't make me cringe since i got used to it LOL

You go girl!


Satanz wrote:

big fukin AYE! but honestly, u know wats worse?? I believe I speak for all straight men that yaoi titles are just down right horrible! I mean... guy to guy action!? Jesus H Christ


Yaoi is different from Ecchi; Yaoi is like Yuri...but for girls...unless your a guy and your gay.... Sigh.... Don't worry man, im pretty sure some of us girls would say the same thing about Yuri >.<"...i just don't pay attention to these things anymore and watch whatever i think looks interesting. LOL
2961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 6/14/10

Satanz wrote:

big fukin AYE! but honestly, u know wats worse?? I believe I speak for all straight men that yaoi titles are just down right horrible! I mean... guy to guy action!? Jesus H Christ


Hmm, but some yaoi/shounen-ai animes do also have a brilliant storyline or plot just like ecchi animes.

And, btw.. I'm a straight girl, but should that mean I should think awfully about yuri?
Cuz I don't. I do like Yuri, because I'm not some homophobe with a closed mind.
Love is just love to me.
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


mystic17 wrote:

What's ecchi?...
Anyway, can't do anything about it if someone generalize what you like. It's called different viewpoints, no matter how disapproving and upsetting (or childish) it is.


Sure you can.. You can educate them!
That is if their not so brain dead that their not willing to learn something about something they claim to be fans of.

I am a fan of learning about everything I can and the facts about it. I do not understand why others would not.

Its not about generalizing what I like or what she likes, or what he likes. Its about generalizing things without a true understanding of things. its about the show of Ignorance.


Yea... we can educate immature, ignorant people through a forum on basically with the most immature anime fans. Goodluck with that.

Bottom line, you can't do anything. You can change 1 to 20 or even 200 peoples' minds, but the vast majority will not read this forum or quite frankly, won't care. Generalization will always happen, no matter what you do. *Original poster*Just ignore them, and watch what you want to watch. I don't understand why people's opinions, especially if you completely disagree with them, mean anything to you and what you watch.
Posted 6/14/10

MonyChan wrote:


Satanz wrote:

big fukin AYE! but honestly, u know wats worse?? I believe I speak for all straight men that yaoi titles are just down right horrible! I mean... guy to guy action!? Jesus H Christ


Hmm, but some yaoi/shounen-ai animes do also have a brilliant storyline or plot just like ecchi animes.

And, btw.. I'm a straight girl, but should that mean I should think awfully about yuri?
Cuz I don't. I do like Yuri, because I'm not some homophobe with a closed mind.
Love is just love to me.


Yah, I guess : / well everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose, but... I just dont swing that way : /
well maybe im gonna try reading some yaoi themed stuff just for the sake of the story line i guess, but I aint in it for.. yknow
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/10

MonyChan wrote:


Satanz wrote:

big fukin AYE! but honestly, u know wats worse?? I believe I speak for all straight men that yaoi titles are just down right horrible! I mean... guy to guy action!? Jesus H Christ


Hmm, but some yaoi/shounen-ai animes do also have a brilliant storyline or plot just like ecchi animes.

And, btw.. I'm a straight girl, but should that mean I should think awfully about yuri?
Cuz I don't. I do like Yuri, because I'm not some homophobe with a closed mind.
Love is just love to me.


Actually the fact that you're a straight female doesn't mean anything in terms of yuri, only that you are more likely to watch and enjoy it. The majority watchers of yuri are straight females, and all the fangirls know and accept this, so your point is invalid. I dunno what few people you talked to and they shunned you for watching yuri, but that's not how it typically works.

The stereotype applies to MALES and what they think of shounen ai/yaoi, which by the stereotype is: The don't or shouldn't watch it, or they think they're too manly too or it's disgusting to watch two dudes "go at it."
29407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Haugesund, Norway!
Offline
Posted 6/14/10

chrome_mist wrote:

So every forum I go to... this has always been the case...

I hate it when they always compare Ecchi to crap most of the time. They're complaining to how shallow and too perverted ecchi anime are when all they watch are some boring shounen anime, or worse, SHOUJO.

And this is coming from a girl, I'm not a big fan of ecchi, but I do love some ecchi titles.



My point is, you can hate any ecchi title you want, but please, do not generalize. Some ecchi titles are actually good.

This post goes for shoujo and shounen as well. (lol this is not contradictory to my first sentence)

For the boys, not all shoujo anime are shallow, cutesy and boring.
For the girls, not all shounen anime are repetitive and don't have good storylines.
And for the serious watchers out there, not all ecchi anime are about fanservice and sex only.


If you really want to enjoy anime, then you need to be open-minded. There are a lot of good anime out there, and you're just isolating yourself with either one of these genres. *sigh*
======

I want to hear people's opinions about this. Some might say shoujo are initially intended for the girls so boys shouldn't be watching it. Same goes for shounen and ecchi being intended for the guys. Well if that's the case, THEN STOP BASHING EACH GENRE LIKE THIS IS SOME KIND OF WAR.

Everyone who likes all 3 genres say AYE! lololol

======
Mods, if you find this thread pointless/inappropriate then you may lock it.


Sorry for keeping it so short but

I CONCUR
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.