First  Prev  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  Next  Last
Who is a virgin and proud of it?
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / norway
Offline
Posted 6/11/12 , edited 6/11/12

DiamondsForever wrote:

Why would you be proud of it?
Pride is something you feel when you've achieved something.
Why would anyone get a sense of accomplishment from not doing, well, anything?

Yes, okay. Congrats you guys. You've never loved someone enough to get as close to them as is physically possible.
You deserve a trophy. A pat on the back. Well done.




or maybe we just don't want sleep with every guy you see on the street on this case every girl
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/11/12

Mirlas wrote:


DiamondsForever wrote:

Why would you be proud of it?
Pride is something you feel when you've achieved something.
Why would anyone get a sense of accomplishment from not doing, well, anything?

Yes, okay. Congrats you guys. You've never loved someone enough to get as close to them as is physically possible.
You deserve a trophy. A pat on the back. Well done.




or maybe we just don't want sleep with every guy you see on the street on this case every girl :P


But having sex once, usually with someone you love and are already in a relationship with, is enough to no longer be classified as a virgin. I'm assuming you meant that as an insult directed at me. Good job! Not only did you completely ignore my argument and not tell me where the whole 'pride' thing comes in, but you also resorted to ad hominem! Very clever!
Sorry if you didn't intend it that way, but regardless, you didn't actually answer my question.
1703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
I am!! XD
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / norway
Offline
Posted 6/11/12 , edited 6/11/12

DiamondsForever wrote:


Mirlas wrote:


DiamondsForever wrote:

Why would you be proud of it?
Pride is something you feel when you've achieved something.
Why would anyone get a sense of accomplishment from not doing, well, anything?

Yes, okay. Congrats you guys. You've never loved someone enough to get as close to them as is physically possible.
You deserve a trophy. A pat on the back. Well done.




or maybe we just don't want sleep with every guy you see on the street on this case every girl :P


But having sex once, usually with someone you love and are already in a relationship with, is enough to no longer be classified as a virgin. I'm assuming you meant that as an insult directed at me. Good job! Not only did you completely ignore my argument and not tell me where the whole 'pride' thing comes in, but you also resorted to ad hominem! Very clever!
Sorry if you didn't intend it that way, but regardless, you didn't actually answer my question.


if you read what you wrote from you first post maybe you already answered your question yourself
pride is something you achieved, hm... be virgin and not go around haev sex with everyone seems to be something to be proud of to me :)

if you had sex with someone you loved, ye you're no longer a virgin, it was not intended to be an insult so sorry if that was a bit complecated for you to read/understand. and no i didn't ignore your argument but you just answered with your previous post without noticeing it :)
18143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
good for the virgins on here tell you the truth sex is pretty messy I think I would of remained a virgin longer in hindsight now !!
Posted 6/11/12
im a man and im proud to be a virgin till i am with the person of my life.
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/11/12

Mirlas wrote:



if you read what you wrote from you first post maybe you already answered your question yourself
pride is something you achieved, hm... be virgin and not go around haev sex with everyone seems to be something to be proud of to me :)

if you had sex with someone you loved, ye you're no longer a virgin, it was not intended to be an insult so sorry if that was a bit complecated for you to read/understand. and no i didn't ignore your argument but you just answered with your previous post without noticeing it :)


So you're saying having sex is a bad thing? Something that's such a fundamental aspect of human nature isn't a positive thing, in your opinion?
Let's just forget this 'having sex with everyone' thing you seem to be so obsessed with. Why should a virgin feel proud for not meeting someone they love enough to have sex with them? If you're saying that people should be proud of not being whores, then that's bullshit too. That's like saying people should also be proud of not drinking excessively or not doing drugs. It's neutral territory. There shouldn't be pride in it, it's just something you shouldn't do anyway without it turning into some kind of accomplishment.

Oh, and finally, before you go around insulting my intelligence, just think for a second that you might be the one (I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker?) who didn't exactly make your argument clear. At least get your grammar and spelling sorted before resorting to patronisation.


45100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
Most virgins, are not that way because of choice. Does it matter if you are or aren't? nope.
19279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/11/12

DiamondsForever wrote:

Why would you be proud of it?
Pride is something you feel when you've achieved something.
Why would anyone get a sense of accomplishment from not doing, well, anything?

Yes, okay. Congrats you guys. You've never loved someone enough to get as close to them as is physically possible.
You deserve a trophy. A pat on the back. Well done.




Pride doesn't have to be something you feel when you achieve something. Pride can also be something that inhibits the ability to do something. But if you want to use it in this sort of context, the accomplishment isn't from "not doing, well, anything." It's from the judgment they chose to follow. To them, sex might have several social stigmas attached to it and if they made their decision to refrain from sex until a certain time in their life then they have the right to be proud of said decision. If they aren't, that gives assholes all the more reason to just take what they want from them.

But I am not a virgin.
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/11/12 , edited 6/11/12

scottRabara wrote:

Pride doesn't have to be something you feel when you achieve something. Pride can also be something that inhibits the ability to do something. But if you want to use it in this sort of context, the accomplishment isn't from "not doing, well, anything." It's from the judgment they chose to follow. To them, sex might have several social stigmas attached to it and if they made their decision to refrain from sex until a certain time in their life then they have the right to be proud of said decision. If they aren't, that gives assholes all the more reason to just take what they want from them.

But I am not a virgin.


That's true, but that seems to mostly apply to sex after marriage or sex for procreation purposes. I think that despite society being very much sex-driven, sex for pleasure is somehow still looked down upon by a lot of people, which is what I think some people in this thread are referring to when they say that they're 'proud' to be a virgin.

If they are indeed refraining for the sake of religion or whatever, then that's somewhat admirable, but if it's because they think it's 'nasty' or wrong somehow, then I call bullshit.

Edit: or some people might just not be able to get any, in which case there's nothing to be proud of.
19279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/11/12 , edited 6/11/12

DiamondsForever wrote:


scottRabara wrote:

Pride doesn't have to be something you feel when you achieve something. Pride can also be something that inhibits the ability to do something. But if you want to use it in this sort of context, the accomplishment isn't from "not doing, well, anything." It's from the judgment they chose to follow. To them, sex might have several social stigmas attached to it and if they made their decision to refrain from sex until a certain time in their life then they have the right to be proud of said decision. If they aren't, that gives assholes all the more reason to just take what they want from them.

But I am not a virgin.


That's true, but that seems to mostly apply to sex after marriage or sex for procreation purposes. I think that despite society being very much sex-driven, sex for pleasure is somehow still looked down upon by a lot of people, which is what I think some people in this thread are referring to when they say that they're 'proud' to be a virgin.

If they are indeed refraining for the sake of religion or whatever, then that's somewhat admirable, but if it's because they think it's 'nasty' or wrong somehow, then I call bullshit.

Edit: or some people might just not be able to get any, in which case there's nothing to be proud of.


Ah, I see where you had your angle. And you are correct that what I said mostly applies to abstinence/religion/hairties/rubberbands/yubikiri.. I believe it's quite sad how our sexually active society deems it inappropriate to do the acts seen on media. The natural and innate naivety of young kids is only taken advantage of as they see one thing and is told another. If they are brought up this way, I can completely understand the basis of their "bullshit" judgment and just call them, for lack of a better term, naive. Some truths to society can only be experienced once the act has been done. The fact is that the only people proud are people that are still in fact virgins. Once they know the truth about sex and feel it for themselves they can choose to chance their decision based on their experience.

And although that may seem disrespectful as well, that is my personal view on the topic and the people who are virgins and are proud of decisions they have yet to intelligently AND physically know about. Everyones personal opinions mean something for themselves. Pleasure is pleasure to not indulge once in awhile is wrong in itself. Yet I will stand by my previous post and give most of them the benefit of the blissful ignorance.. Until some jackass is like "teh s3x ahuehaheuhaeuhaeuhaueh is bad"

As for your edit: true dat.
9512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Imaginary World o...
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
I'm saving myself for marriage. That's how much I respect myself.
This wolf has priorities.
17221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
Virgin reporting for duty!
36472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/12
Me, I'm still waiting for a nice girl to give it to.
Don't really want to give it to a girl willing to do it after a week of dating.
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/11/12

scottRabara wrote:
Ah, I see where you had your angle. And you are correct that what I said mostly applies to abstinence/religion/hairties/rubberbands/yubikiri.. I believe it's quite sad how our sexually active society deems it inappropriate to do the acts seen on media. The natural and innate naivety of young kids is only taken advantage of as they see one thing and is told another. If they are brought up this way, I can completely understand the basis of their "bullshit" judgment and just call them, for lack of a better term, naive. Some truths to society can only be experienced once the act has been done. The fact is that the only people proud are people that are still in fact virgins. Once they know the truth about sex and feel it for themselves they can choose to chance their decision based on their experience.

And although that may seem disrespectful as well, that is my personal view on the topic and the people who are virgins and are proud of decisions they have yet to intelligently AND physically know about. Everyones personal opinions mean something for themselves. Pleasure is pleasure to not indulge once in awhile is wrong in itself. Yet I will stand by my previous post and give most of them the benefit of the blissful ignorance.. Until some jackass is like "teh s3x ahuehaheuhaeuhaeuhaueh is bad"

As for your edit: true dat.


Just look at some of the responses in this thread. A lot of people are saying "I'm a virgin and proud of it! Just waiting for the right person!". I doubt that everyone who says that is referring to marriage and assuming they aren't, it really isn't something to take pride in.

I completely agree with you. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people saying that they're proud of their virginity will see things much differently as soon as they've lost it. They're essentially being judgemental whilst being ignorant.

Have you read the posts of the guy who started arguing with me above? "Hurr durr I just don't want to sleep around.". Okay. Congrats. Sex doesn't turn people into sluts and manwhores. Get over yourself. You'll lose it eventually - will it make you less of a person? Does the pride suddenly go away?

That's what I'm trying to say - unless it's abstinence for the reasons you mentioned, there's really no reason to be proud of virginity. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, not at all, I just think it's something very much neutral, natural and not an accomplishment of any sort.
First  Prev  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.