First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Newest Bleach #275 up and watch Bleach #266-274 for FREE!
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/10 , edited 6/16/10
I don't give a damn about the US laws.
I'm sitting in the middle of Europe (Austria) and our state never had the slightest problems even with "illegal" downloading.
So, now I'm sitting in front of my PC, wanna watch Bleach - and all I get is some "Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions. We are trying to obtain worldwide rights for this title, please be patient."
Yep, I'm lovin' it ...

If this would have worked, I would be fine with paying that little bit of cash, but now ... mhh ... so I got to wait till someone rips it off the homepage and uploads it somewhere - which can take weeks and is usually of crappy quality

Yess ! So fast it can go down from a perfect anime to some piece of crap.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
it was free on dattebayo, now i have to wait for a freaking week..*sigh* oh well
zaldar 
22261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Charlotte NC
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
geez people who don't understand that you do have to pay for stuff in some way are so very annoying.

Anyway As I don't download things illegally all I have seen of this is what has been put on cartoon network, though I have seen the latest episode they put on...how far off am I going to be from the first episode you are showing, and are you eventually going to show earlier episodes than 266?
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/10 , edited 6/16/10

pooh65 wrote:


Megamanx266 wrote:

Thank you CR for killing high quality streams of Bleach. DB was doing absolutely no harm since from what I am understanding they themselves payed for the RAWs and then subbed it for our enjoyment. Not to mention it was perfectly LEGAL anyway since we weren't paying for their subs.

I'm either going somewhere else to look for decent Bleach subs (which is more than likely impossible now) or just stop watching Bleach cause I would rather not support A-holes like you who make you pay for something that was already legal in the first place (and from what I hear less quality and longer release times too!)

Again, thank you for ruining my Tuesday evening enjoyment.

Edit - Found one! Screw you assholes!

If they were paying for raws, it was bootlegs since it doesn't go on DVD the week thevshow airs. Also, DB wasn't legal since Bleach was already licensed in the US and UK. Make sure you know your stuff before you say something, it makes you look stupid. Also, you don't understand Japanese, so how do you know which is higher quality?


First of all, that's the US we're talking about. If you are also paying attention it's perfectly fine IF YOU AREN'T MAKING ANY PROFIT FROM IT.

Second, what makes you think I don't understand Japanese? Since English is my main language I prefer to watch the subs since they'd be easier to follow.


onepiece_fan wrote:

"Perfectly legal"? and already...legal...? Where do you people get your 'logic' from? It all just seems like excuses.

For your information, DB themselves said that it was illegal it was in their FAQ section:


Is downloading Naruto, Bleach illegal?

Generally speaking, yes. Downloading fansubs, regardless of their license status is illegal in United States and various other countries. United States Code Title 17 does not allow distribution of copyrighted work by anyone except the copyright owner, and while others may claim that subtitling and distributing anime for entertainment purposes fits under the "fair use" exception, it most certainly does not.


I'm so sorry that now you actually have to support the industry to watch Bleach.


Again, you have kindof proven my point even with DB helping you. 1) Generally speaking they are right, cept they aren't making any profit and (hopefully) neither is the person downloading them. 2) Those laws they speak of only apply to the United States, which I am gladly not a part of.

So my logic is quite sound thank you very much. Remember that not all people on the internet live in the oh-so arrogant United States of Crapmerica.

As for "supporting the industry" I'm sure they get by just fine in Japan and other countries where it's on TV. If the Dubbing wasn't so bad plus the fact it's so far behind up where I live I would be watching it on TV myself.

Oh and to make me seem like not such a bad guy. I normally pay for things when I think payment is due, but I'm not gonna pay for a lower quality product when I know there's something better for free.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

NekoKari wrote:


Cyberpirate wrote:


Altec_King wrote:

yeah because it wasnt free or anything on dattebayo lol


Sigh, illiterate trash like you call yourself a fan, yet you don't know what it means to really support something. How sad.


If CrunchyRoll didn't do such a horrible job at subbing and distributing, more people would support it.
I feel bad for those that pay for an anime membership.
CR gives you half-assed anime, and you pay them like they did a good job.

Pretty sure mostly everyone has found a new fansubber for Bleach.


agreed, not to mention the fact that with dattebayo it was available to EVERYONE no matter where you were
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Megamanx266 wrote:


pooh65 wrote:


Megamanx266 wrote:

Thank you CR for killing high quality streams of Bleach. DB was doing absolutely no harm since from what I am understanding they themselves payed for the RAWs and then subbed it for our enjoyment. Not to mention it was perfectly LEGAL anyway since we weren't paying for their subs.

I'm either going somewhere else to look for decent Bleach subs (which is more than likely impossible now) or just stop watching Bleach cause I would rather not support A-holes like you who make you pay for something that was already legal in the first place (and from what I hear less quality and longer release times too!)

Again, thank you for ruining my Tuesday evening enjoyment.

Edit - Found one! Screw you assholes!

If they were paying for raws, it was bootlegs since it doesn't go on DVD the week thevshow airs. Also, DB wasn't legal since Bleach was already licensed in the US and UK. Make sure you know your stuff before you say something, it makes you look stupid. Also, you don't understand Japanese, so how do you know which is higher quality?


First of all, that's the US we're talking about. If you are also paying attention it's perfectly fine IF YOU AREN'T MAKING ANY PROFIT FROM IT.

Second, what makes you think I don't understand Japanese? Since English is my main language I prefer to watch the subs since they'd be easier to follow.


onepiece_fan wrote:

"Perfectly legal"? and already...legal...? Where do you people get your 'logic' from? It all just seems like excuses.

For your information, DB themselves said that it was illegal it was in their FAQ section:


Is downloading Naruto, Bleach illegal?

Generally speaking, yes. Downloading fansubs, regardless of their license status is illegal in United States and various other countries. United States Code Title 17 does not allow distribution of copyrighted work by anyone except the copyright owner, and while others may claim that subtitling and distributing anime for entertainment purposes fits under the "fair use" exception, it most certainly does not.


I'm so sorry that now you actually have to support the industry to watch Bleach.


Again, you have kindof proven my point even with DB helping you. 1) Generally speaking they are right, cept they aren't making any profit and (hopefully) neither is the person downloading them. 2) Those laws they speak of only apply to the United States, which I am gladly not a part of.

So my logic is quite sound thank you very much. Remember that not all people on the internet live in the oh-so arrogant United States of Crapmerica.

As for "supporting the industry" I'm sure they get by just fine in Japan and other countries where it's on TV. If the Dubbing wasn't so bad plus the fact it's so far behind up where I live I would be watching it on TV myself.

Oh and to make me seem like not such a bad guy. I normally pay for things when I think payment is due, but I'm not gonna pay for a lower quality product when I know there's something better for free.


I totally second that
pooh65 
55091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
I think CR should just add in a way to filter out DB and Dattebayo. I can understand why people who can't watch stuff on CR without a proxy would be upset, but others who can watch it just fine have no reason to complain. You are all just mad because you have to pay for something now, whether it's by watching an ad or paying the $7 a month.

Plus, just because I live in America doesn't mean that we are the only country with Copyright laws. Japan has them, which makes it illegal to distribute the anime online, which in turns makes it illegal in most countries.

Dattebayo was illegal, Fair Use doesn't mean you can distribute a copyrighted work for free. Fair use is more of a thing for educational purposes. And the fact that Dattebayo is based in the US means they are at the very least breaking US law. Even if it was only illegal in the US (which is wrong since it is illegal in multiple countries), it doesn't make what they were doing alright.

Really, you should all STFU since you obviously could care less about what happens. All you want is free stuff because apparently you all have some thought that you are entitled to it for living.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The 9th Layer
Offline
Posted 6/16/10 , edited 6/16/10
Sorry but I think it's complete crap that we "non-payers" can't properly keep up on a show we enjoy watching without paying for something that was easily accessible and free before. DB was doing an awesome job and you didn't have to pay for that "premium". Yay, capitalism & licensing strikes again. *storms off*
45073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
Um, you guys know that if you really want to see the latest episode of Bleach....while not paying for Crunchyroll....all you have to do is wait 1 day and just type it in google and some other site will have it up....and CR has it for free in a week.

And please, dont bother with talking about quality this....quality that
63579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
Its really funny to read many of the posts on CR complaining of the inconsistencies or mistranslations when it comes to Bleach's subs here, while the threads themselves are so riddled with misspelled words and bad grammar as to make the worst hack job of a subtitling track look like world class poetry. As for anyone who thinks it is not illegal to d/l fansubs you are wrong. Doesn't matter whether it is for profit or not nor where you live, (well unless you live in the 7 or 8 countries out of the whole world who are not signatories of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works nor WIPO.) It really just boils down to having to now pay in order to get something that was free before, unless you live outside the areas covered under CR's Bleach license; that's a different story. Maybe the quality is not a good as it once was, but at least it is now legal to watch (in the countries that they have licensed it for so far....I will agree that it is unfortunate for those who live outside those areas, but I'm sure with such a big title as Bleach they are working to get more areas available... it's only logical seeing as how this would generate more revenue by getting more subscribers.) Personally I think the video quality is just fine (I guess I can't compare it to a fansub as I do not watch them) and I am glad that I can now once again pick up Bleach, although I am a bit behind seeing as how 168 is as far as I got. Hopefully they will be able to license the backlog soon.
67888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

NekoKari wrote:
If CrunchyRoll didn't do such a horrible job at subbing and distributing, more people would support it.
I feel bad for those that pay for an anime membership.
CR gives you half-assed anime, and you pay them like they did a good job.

Pretty sure mostly everyone has found a new fansubber for Bleach.


Horrible? Would you please post an example as to how CR does a terrible job subtitling the Bleach episodes? You shouldn't find any since CR DOES NOT sub them, it's Viz Media.

3033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Cyberpirate wrote:


NekoKari wrote:
If CrunchyRoll didn't do such a horrible job at subbing and distributing, more people would support it.
I feel bad for those that pay for an anime membership.
CR gives you half-assed anime, and you pay them like they did a good job.

Pretty sure mostly everyone has found a new fansubber for Bleach.


Horrible? Would you please post an example as to how CR does a terrible job subtitling the Bleach episodes? You shouldn't find any since CR DOES NOT sub them, it's Viz Media.



Explain to me how this makes any difference?
Point is, shitty subs. I'm sorry that I wasn't specific enough for you.
67888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

NekoKari wrote:
Explain to me how this makes any difference?
Point is, shitty subs. I'm sorry that I wasn't specific enough for you.


Alright,n ow explain to me. What exactly do you mean by shitty subs? As far as I know is Viz accurate with their translations, it is a professional company after all. Now, if you can backup your claim, I'll accept it.

3033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Cyberpirate wrote:


NekoKari wrote:
Explain to me how this makes any difference?
Point is, shitty subs. I'm sorry that I wasn't specific enough for you.


Alright,n ow explain to me. What exactly do you mean by shitty subs? As far as I know is Viz accurate with their translations, it is a professional company after all. Now, if you can backup your claim, I'll accept it.



Bad methods, sometimes translating things that shouldn't need to be, or not translating things that probably should be translated.
A lot of the translations are off, for their own various reasons.
To be more censoring, or whatever they feel like doing.
It's comparable to watching dubbed anime, it's just terrible in comparison to a professionally subbed version.
67888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

NekoKari wrote:
Bad methods, sometimes translating things that shouldn't need to be, or not translating things that probably should be translated.
A lot of the translations are off, for their own various reasons.
To be more censoring, or whatever they feel like doing.
It's comparable to watching dubbed anime, it's just terrible in comparison to a professionally subbed version.


I have been using Dattebayo up untill now that CR has taken over the Bleach service and I can personally say that Viz Media is not doing anything wrong to the Bleach translations. As for things not beign cencored then I probably think you're meaning the OP and ED not being subtitled, but what's the point of that anyways? It's not like it really contributes anything to the show anyways. And Viz doesn't really do much cencoring, but I guess that's what one would think after moving from DB's subs over to VIz's subs since they are being more accurate on how they actually curse in the series. If I recall correctly was words such as "Motherfucker" and curse words like that used in DB's subs, but that was only their way of expression them selves, they didn't actually call anyone motherfucker in the series, hence why you probably think they subs are off.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.