First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Newest Bleach #275 up and watch Bleach #266-274 for FREE!
62579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
I don't understand....the subs aren't censored. What you must think should be there was just added in. Ass and damnit is about as bad as the language gets, anything else was just added in as in the first place Japanese doesn't have the curse words comparable to English and secondly Bleach is basically a PG show when its timeslot is taken into account. They use the honorifics, and while some feel attacks should be translated to english I personally prefer the original. The whole moon fang whatever just sounds corny in my opinion compared to the original. Also this is a professionally subbed version.
18250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Megamanx266

Again, you have kindof proven my point even with DB helping you. 1) Generally speaking they are right, cept they aren't making any profit and (hopefully) neither is the person downloading them.


Not making a profit does not make it legal. It is copyrighted material.

You go ahead and go continue downloading your illegal fansubs, but do not try to make up crap that they are actually legal.


So my logic is quite sound thank you very much. Remember that not all people on the internet live in the oh-so arrogant United States of Crapmerica.


You're calling me arrogant when you have to emphasize how bad my country supposedly is by putting "crap" in it?

Okay, whatever.


As for "supporting the industry" I'm sure they get by just fine in Japan and other countries where it's on TV. If the Dubbing wasn't so bad plus the fact it's so far behind up where I live I would be watching it on TV myself.


Yes, but the "industry" in whatever your country is surely works as a middleman meaning that what money that goes towards it gets split towards Japan as well. But I guess since it's "getting by just fine in Japan", it doesn't matter. But let me tell you that it does matter to other people. People that care about legality and supporting the things they like. Maybe it wouldn't be sooo far behind if there was a lot of demand for it.


Oh and to make me seem like not such a bad guy. I normally pay for things when I think payment is due, but I'm not gonna pay for a lower quality product when I know there's something better for free.


Okay, so prove to me that it is actually a lower quality product. None of that "they cut out the cussing" argument either, because it has already been addressed a billion times on this forum that DB added a lot of cussing.

If you don't want to pay, you wait a week. You are not entitled to watch it for free to begin with, and if you think so you are only fooling yourself.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/10 , edited 6/16/10

pooh65 wrote:
You are all just mad because you have to pay for something now, whether it's by watching an ad or paying the $7 a month.

Really, you should all STFU since you obviously could care less about what happens. All you want is free stuff because apparently you all have some thought that you are entitled to it for living.


I don't think I'm entitled to free stuff. I DO however think that I am at least entitled to getting quality product for something I DO pay for (hence why I go and buy songs from iTunes when I can instead of torrenting them).

It's just inexcusable when the free stuff is better than the payed stuff. At least we know the people subbing for free are fans of the Anime just like we are unlike some corporate a-holes who just want the anime for the money.




Yes, but the "industry" in whatever your country is surely works as a middleman meaning that what money that goes towards it gets split towards Japan as well. But I guess since it's "getting by just fine in Japan", it doesn't matter. But let me tell you that it does matter to other people. People that care about legality and supporting the things they like. Maybe it wouldn't be sooo far behind if there was a lot of demand for it.


I found it funny how you ONLY talk about Japan when I clearly said "Japan and other Countries"



Okay, so prove to me that it is actually a lower quality product. None of that "they cut out the cussing" argument either, because it has already been addressed a billion times on this forum that DB added a lot of cussing.


Was there even much cussing in the DB vids? It never bothered me enough to really take notice. Though if you read the Manga there's a bit of cussing sometimes too, though from what you're saying the scanners add that in as well. To be perfectly honest I can't prove or disprove if the videos themselves are better quality or not. But I can assure you the service itself is lower quality (and so is CRs community).



If you don't want to pay, you wait a week. You are not entitled to watch it for free to begin with, and if you think so you are only fooling yourself.


Why wait for a week when someone has it available within hours just like CR?

Ultimately, if it is oh so illegal to be downloading and watching fansubs then why doesn't the various governments done more about it? I know why!! BECAUSE THEY ONLY CARE WHEN YOU MAKE A PROFIT OFF OF IT!!
18250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
Bleach is a PRODUCT. It is made to make your money.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

onepiece_fan wrote:

Bleach is a PRODUCT. It is made to make the creators money.


Fixed
zaldar 
21189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Charlotte NC
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Megamanx266 wrote:


onepiece_fan wrote:

Bleach is a PRODUCT. It is made to make the creators money.


Fixed


correct and that is ok and they deserve to make money off of it. Downloading it is illegal and immoral and nothing you say will make a difference there. They are attempting to do things about it as you would know if you followed the news. But even if they didn't do anything about it that would not make it right for you to do it. You are entitled to only what you pay for, why wait a week when people have it up for free, because viewing it for free is wrong.
zaldar 
21189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Charlotte NC
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Azmona wrote:

Sorry but I think it's complete crap that we "non-payers" can't properly keep up on a show we enjoy watching without paying for something that was easily accessible and free before. DB was doing an awesome job and you didn't have to pay for that "premium". Yay, capitalism & licensing strikes again. *storms off*


Yes as they should since the people who make the anime deserve money for their work.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

zaldar wrote:


Megamanx266 wrote:


onepiece_fan wrote:

Bleach is a PRODUCT. It is made to make the creators money.


Fixed


correct and that is ok and they deserve to make money off of it. Downloading it is illegal and immoral and nothing you say will make a difference there. They are attempting to do things about it as you would know if you followed the news. But even if they didn't do anything about it that would not make it right for you to do it. You are entitled to only what you pay for, why wait a week when people have it up for free, because viewing it for free is wrong.


At this rate our argument isn't going anywhere, neither of us on either side is going to budge so I'm going to make one final, broad statement.

The Internet is meant for everyone who uses it to share information and content that they create. The added conception that this content has to be payed for was added in later and while it is fine and dandy. Is a choice given to those willing to pay for such content. If you are unsatisfied with that which you purchased (or were thinking of purchasing) then why should you be forced to pay when the Internet was meant to share content for free anyways?
43045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Brisbane Aus
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

batou01 wrote:

Its really funny to read many of the posts on CR complaining of the inconsistencies or mistranslations when it comes to Bleach's subs here, while the threads themselves are so riddled with misspelled words and bad grammar as to make the worst hack job of a subtitling track look like world class poetry. As for anyone who thinks it is not illegal to d/l fansubs you are wrong. Doesn't matter whether it is for profit or not nor where you live, (well unless you live in the 7 or 8 countries out of the whole world who are not signatories of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works nor WIPO.) It really just boils down to having to now pay in order to get something that was free before, unless you live outside the areas covered under CR's Bleach license; that's a different story. Maybe the quality is not a good as it once was, but at least it is now legal to watch (in the countries that they have licensed it for so far....I will agree that it is unfortunate for those who live outside those areas, but I'm sure with such a big title as Bleach they are working to get more areas available... it's only logical seeing as how this would generate more revenue by getting more subscribers.) Personally I think the video quality is just fine (I guess I can't compare it to a fansub as I do not watch them) and I am glad that I can now once again pick up Bleach, although I am a bit behind seeing as how 168 is as far as I got. Hopefully they will be able to license the backlog soon.



lol at u for a massive fail

do we get paid to post our complaints? nope but i paid for a service that im not happy with i see everyone has attacked the people who havent paid and started another Db shitstorm but i gave u guys a chance. whoops hang on ur not one of the guys ur just a fanboy/girl

look i dont want to start a war here but ive got somthing to stand on ive paid for somthing and i want some sort of quality and some decent subbing. i mean if i bought the DVD id take it back...... i think we all would Db droped bleach for their own free will for the DB people having a back ake read the post posted on their site

Crunchyroll Does Not Force DB to Drop Bleach


2010/06/07

As most of you are probably aware, Crunchyroll has recently acquired the rights to simulcast Bleach. As we previously stated, DB will therefore be dropping the project. We will release one more episode so that our staff can say goodbye to one of our favorite shows, and so we can conclude the project with having subbed 225 total episodes of Bleach. This means that Bleach 274 will be DB's last episode of Bleach.

Please note that Crunchyroll did not in any way force, coerce, recommend, or suggest that we drop Bleach. DB has in fact not had any communication directly with Crunchyroll regarding this issue or any other. We are dropping Bleach because we support legal alternatives to fansubs and we hope you will too. As with Naruto, the best way to make sure this service is giving you what you want is to give it a chance and then send your feedback to Crunchyroll and to Viz, preferably framed in as polite as a way as you can manage so they might actually listen to you.

DB is also officially dropping Ookiku due to its having overloaded timecop's hate circuits. We will continue to sub Hakuouki and perhaps the occasional episode of Pythagoras Switch, and will hopefully have fun new projects in the future!

Finally, and as always, this decision is not up for negotiation, so don't bother writing to us and trying to change our minds. People who do so will NOT be banned, but WILL be doused in honey and left in lafnear's ant-infested yard.
Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. ~Shunryu Suzuki



Now lets get to the point of all this people dont want to pay for it then dont.......
people who have paid for it and are not happy then complain.....

pooh65 
54091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Megamanx266 wrote: Internet was meant to share content for free anyways?


Correction, the Internet was made to distribute information and YOUR content free if you so choose.

I think I have made my point, so I don't really care anymore. If you guys feel nothing about hurting the industry you supposedly love, then so be it. All I wanted was for someone to admit that they don't really know if DB was higher quality, they just like saying it.
43045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Brisbane Aus
Offline
Posted 6/16/10

Cyberpirate wrote:


NekoKari wrote:
Explain to me how this makes any difference?
Point is, shitty subs. I'm sorry that I wasn't specific enough for you.


Alright,n ow explain to me. What exactly do you mean by shitty subs? As far as I know is Viz accurate with their translations, it is a professional company after all. Now, if you can backup your claim, I'll accept it.



i think she means that they are mainly not correct.....
When you are translating a language you cant just do a streight translation you need to go deeper into it and make sure that what you are writing makes sence.....

some of the subbing does not make sence. from my own japanise translations altho i am a beginer even i would translate them differently.
Some parts of it are just too long winded i mean its all prevailing to use big words and all.... but some times they are just not needed...
this is how alot of people translare engish and chinese when i was a teacher over their for 4 years (oral english only to kindergarten) but from watching the other teachers and my chinese assistant teachers they are always the first to grab the crappy electronic dictionary with Thesaurs and choose the biggest word in the hope that it will make it better.......

and as a few posts before you wanted some evidence so here u are


6758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Underneath your bed
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
I stopped watching Bleach since everything CR removed all licensed material back then. I can't remember which episode I left out on, but I'm certain it wasn't in the 200's . . .
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/10 , edited 6/16/10
Cyberpirate , i would gladly pay dattebayo to sub bleach again, but I WILL NOT PAY Crunchyroll to do the same. It's not the quality, it's the attitude and the way they do the subbing. Don't pick on others for nothing when you don't know a damn thing about anime, and aspecialy about Bleach. I'm trying to keep myself from not saying bad workd around here so you're a lucky man.
doonster, you're right, DB didn leave Bleach on there own but what is the couse of them doing so...yes..it's on everyone's lips...crunchyroll . As far as i can see from your previews post..DB do sub better than the crunchyroll team, so.. when i made the petition for crunchyroll to get the rights for Bleach i made it with 1 condition. That DB sub it...Seems nobody took in account that fact.
(Another minus for crunchyroll).
Now...crunchyroll started Bleach with old ep and the last ep 275. GREAT!!... not in all countries....great
DB subbed ep of Bleach all online till 274 GREAT!!...in all countries...GREAT!!!
You tell me witch one's better?
What's the point in announcing it, and saying left and right.."WE GOT BLEACH RIGHTS TO SHOW IT FREE" when 70% of the world's population can't see it???? Seriously how many countries can't see it compared to the countries that can.
Dattebayo is the best and they will remain the best.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
whatever , DATTEBAYO subs > CR subs - PERIOD.
37559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/16/10
well.. good job guys
i'm waiting for the 1st few epis...
i don't wanna watch the recent epis yet..

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.