First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
What's your opinion towards Atheist?
792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10
Yes, many do. I am Christian but I never try to FORCE my opinions down anyone's throat. I say my opinion, why it is my opinion, then I am done. SOME atheists just have to prove you wrong and try SO HARD to get you to be like them, that your belief is ridiculous. It is annoying. Just shut up, we obviously would like them to believe to benefit them, but I can't see what atheists are gaining by trying to kill our belief. No one knows, you don't know, I don't know, so give it up. You are NOT RIGHT, because we don't know. In my opinion, believing would be completely the smart thing to do. There will always be people who don't have hope, but I do. There will always be people who question everything, but why? I am not insane. I need to have faith that when I die, I will still be there and happy, because if not then there is NO point to living. No matter what life you had, it would all be forgotten, so what is the point of being here? Whether your life sucked or it was great, it wouldn't matter. I want it to matter. So atheists need to shut up and leave us alone, because to us they sound like idiots, as well as to them we sound like idiots. In my opinion, they are the more annoying ones though. Just leave it alone.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:

Yes, many do. I am Christian but I never try to FORCE my opinions down anyone's throat. I say my opinion, why it is my opinion, then I am done. SOME atheists just have to prove you wrong and try SO HARD to get you to be like them, that your belief is ridiculous. It is annoying. Just shut up, we obviously would like them to believe to benefit them, but I can't see what atheists are gaining by trying to kill our belief. No one knows, you don't know, I don't know, so give it up. You are NOT RIGHT, because we don't know. In my opinion, believing would be completely the smart thing to do. There will always be people who don't have hope, but I do. There will always be people who question everything, but why? I am not insane. I need to have faith that when I die, I will still be there and happy, because if not then there is NO point to living. No matter what life you had, it would all be forgotten, so what is the point of being here? Whether your life sucked or it was great, it wouldn't matter. I want it to matter. So atheists need to shut up and leave us alone, because to us they sound like idiots, as well as to them we sound like idiots. In my opinion, they are the more annoying ones though. Just leave it alone.


I'd grant you that except for one thing...

Atheists don't bang on my door in the middle of my day off and offer to talk about the 'absence of God'

More threads have been started by the Believers than the Deniers on this forum.


792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

Yes, many do. I am Christian but I never try to FORCE my opinions down anyone's throat. I say my opinion, why it is my opinion, then I am done. SOME atheists just have to prove you wrong and try SO HARD to get you to be like them, that your belief is ridiculous. It is annoying. Just shut up, we obviously would like them to believe to benefit them, but I can't see what atheists are gaining by trying to kill our belief. No one knows, you don't know, I don't know, so give it up. You are NOT RIGHT, because we don't know. In my opinion, believing would be completely the smart thing to do. There will always be people who don't have hope, but I do. There will always be people who question everything, but why? I am not insane. I need to have faith that when I die, I will still be there and happy, because if not then there is NO point to living. No matter what life you had, it would all be forgotten, so what is the point of being here? Whether your life sucked or it was great, it wouldn't matter. I want it to matter. So atheists need to shut up and leave us alone, because to us they sound like idiots, as well as to them we sound like idiots. In my opinion, they are the more annoying ones though. Just leave it alone.


I'd grant you that except for one thing...

Atheists don't bang on my door in the middle of my day off and offer to talk about the 'absence of God'

More threads have been started by the Believers than the Deniers on this forum.




Ha. I have never had that happen but I would assume you could politely deny? Like I said, we believe we are talking about God to benefit others. Atheists, well they do it for I...don't really know. It I guess would benefit them to know they just got someone to not believe in God or their religion, but it does nothing for others.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:



Ha. I have never had that happen but I would assume you could politely deny? Like I said, we believe we are talking about God to benefit others. Atheists, well they do it for I...don't really know. It I guess would benefit them to know they just got someone to not believe in God or their religion, but it does nothing for others.


Happens quite often. Mostly it's Jehovah's Witness, or Latter Day Saints.
Granted I don't go around telling others what to believe and my own beliefs are complicated personal, and probably self contradictory. but I could see a benefit from the hard core Atheists' point of view. on a number of levels.

1) the same reason so many religious types use when messing with another person. "It's for your own good" (don't buy it? well if an Atheist really believes you're wrong then he or she is looking at a grown person who makes important descisions based on 'fairy tales' )

2) Who would you rather have with his hand on the key to a nuclear arming switch? someone who knows turning that switch means the end of humanity for all time. OR someone who KNOWS he's going to heaven for twisting it?

I know which get's my vote.


792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:



Ha. I have never had that happen but I would assume you could politely deny? Like I said, we believe we are talking about God to benefit others. Atheists, well they do it for I...don't really know. It I guess would benefit them to know they just got someone to not believe in God or their religion, but it does nothing for others.


Happens quite often. Mostly it's Jehovah's Witness, or Latter Day Saints.
Granted I don't go around telling others what to believe and my own beliefs are complicated personal, and probably self contradictory. but I could see a benefit from the hard core Atheists' point of view. on a number of levels.

1) the same reason so many religious types use when messing with another person. "It's for your own good" (don't buy it? well if an Atheist really believes you're wrong then he or she is looking at a grown person who makes important descisions based on 'fairy tales' )

2) Who would you rather have with his hand on the key to a nuclear arming switch? someone who knows turning that switch means the end of humanity for all time. OR someone who KNOWS he's going to heaven for twisting it?

I know which get's my vote.




1) We don't (well I don't) believe it is a fairy tale (of course XD) but more of...hope.

2) You can't necessarily use that example because someone who twists a nuclear bomb ending all humanity would not be entering heaven...he just killed everyone. So I guess if he was religious he..um wouldn't twist it. As for the Atheist, well he really has nothing to lose since KNOWS he isn't going anywhere after he dies, and he is going to die someday anyways.

5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

I'm sry but they do get in my nerves. They are just mad because God is the uncaused cause.


So they annoy you because they're always forcing their beliefs on you, which makes you insecure about your beliefs and provokes you to reassert them and annoy everyone else, right? Why not assert your faith by actually adhering to it and listen to what your messiah tells you, which is to turn the other cheek?
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:


1) We don't (well I don't) believe it is a fairy tale (of course XD) but more of...hope.

2) You can't necessarily use that example because someone who twists a nuclear bomb ending all humanity would not be entering heaven...he just killed everyone. So I guess if he was religious he..um wouldn't twist it. As for the Atheist, well he really has nothing to lose since KNOWS he isn't going anywhere after he dies, and he is going to die someday anyways.



1) My argument was that if an atheist sees religious belief as wrong or harmful and cares about people (you don't have to be religious to care you know) they may try to 'keep the poor soul from straying down the wrong path" just as any preacher might feel obliged to 'save' an atheist.

2) I don't buy it. everyone is different but most people regardless of religious bent care or purport to care about those around him. Being responsible for the end of humanity would be a pretty heavy burden, plus there's the issue of valuing your own life since it's the only one you've got. On the other hand killing lots of people with a cry of 'god is great' seems to be a natural for too many of the religiously inclined.


792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


1) We don't (well I don't) believe it is a fairy tale (of course XD) but more of...hope.

2) You can't necessarily use that example because someone who twists a nuclear bomb ending all humanity would not be entering heaven...he just killed everyone. So I guess if he was religious he..um wouldn't twist it. As for the Atheist, well he really has nothing to lose since KNOWS he isn't going anywhere after he dies, and he is going to die someday anyways.



1) My argument was that if an atheist sees religious belief as wrong or harmful and cares about people (you don't have to be religious to care you know) they may try to 'keep the poor soul from straying down the wrong path" just as any preacher might feel obliged to 'save' an atheist.

2) I don't buy it. everyone is different but most people regardless of religious bent care or purport to care about those around him. Being responsible for the end of humanity would be a pretty heavy burden, plus there's the issue of valuing your own life since it's the only one you've got. On the other hand killing lots of people with a cry of 'god is great' seems to be a natural for too many of the religiously inclined.




1) Oh yes, I am not saying atheists are horrible people who don't care. In a way, I can see what you are saying but I don't see how religious belief is wrong or harmful or how and atheist can ever "save a soul" when I would think you don't believe in souls...I guess you are generally meaning the "poor person" but used soul, it was just kind of funny. But that is why this discussion will be never ending.

2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

Gutterstomp wrote:

Anyone who preaches and/or attempts to push their beliefs on me I consider annoying, regardless of religion. Believe what you will, I'm not going to stop you, but pay me the same respect, yeah?


I agree with this.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.


792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.




Well I am only 16. I can totally understand your way of thinking and why you think it. I am not completely shutting out others opinions and deciding not to understand them, because I do. I choose not to agree with it though, just like you are with me.

Can't say I know any personally, but you can't honestly tell me you haven't heard about the boys who went into a school asking people if they believed in God and if they said yes they would shoot them? And yes, there have been many wars that had to do with religion. Some people are crazy, both atheists and religious fanatics. I don't believe your point is proven, because I almost could say it is equally NOT proven. No matter what crap you bag on the belief in God, there is always crap on the other side. I am going to leave it at that, well try to. There will be no agreement between the two sides, and it could go on forever.
8 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Kirkland, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/23/10
I myself am an atheist.

However, I can't stand people who are hostile toward other people's belief systems, regardless of what the system consists. 'LOLZ U R TEH STUPID FOR BELEEVING IN GOD' is just as bad as 'Repent, ye sinners' in my book.

18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.




Well I am only 16. I can totally understand your way of thinking and why you think it. I am not completely shutting out others opinions and deciding not to understand them, because I do. I choose not to agree with it though, just like you are with me.


Can't say I know any personally, but you can't honestly tell me you haven't heard about the boys who went into a school asking people if they believed in God and if they said yes they would shoot them? And yes, there have been many wars that had to do with religion. Some people are crazy, both atheists and religious fanatics. I don't believe your point is proven, because I almost could say it is equally NOT proven. No matter what crap you bag on the belief in God, there is always crap on the other side. I am going to leave it at that, well try to. There will be no agreement between the two sides, and it could go on forever.



So you choose to believe that Gravity is fake as well? Do you choose to believe that earth is a Giant snow Globe?

The fact you choose to accept things based on what? Your ideals that came around do to faith or your up bringing?

Whats this tell you about your world view and your true understanding or reality.

Pretty narrow world view you have do to your "I choose attitude" based on faith alone.

Do You understand what I am getting at. I can go into more detail if you like.


where do you live?
Because if its America your full of shit. One America is 80% Religious. So is a kid believe in a god he will fit right in, in school.
More likely the atheist kid will be attacked and hurt in school. If only you knew how many atheist families lost there job just because a community was prejudges against them. Or how many atheist children had been beat up or hurt by Christians. It does not happen that atheist attack Christians only debate them on the lack of logic, and evidence for there Ideals. Its Christians that resort to violence to get there way 99.7% of the time.

792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.




Well I am only 16. I can totally understand your way of thinking and why you think it. I am not completely shutting out others opinions and deciding not to understand them, because I do. I choose not to agree with it though, just like you are with me.

Can't say I know any personally, but you can't honestly tell me you haven't heard about the boys who went into a school asking people if they believed in God and if they said yes they would shoot them? And yes, there have been many wars that had to do with religion. Some people are crazy, both atheists and religious fanatics. I don't believe your point is proven, because I almost could say it is equally NOT proven. No matter what crap you bag on the belief in God, there is always crap on the other side. I am going to leave it at that, well try to. There will be no agreement between the two sides, and it could go on forever.


So you choose to believe that Gravity is fake as well? Do you choose to believe that earth is a Giant snow Globe?

The fact you choose to accept things based on what? Your ideals that came around do to faith or your up bringing?

Whats this tell you about your world view and your true understanding or reality.

Pretty narrow world view you have do to your "I choose attitude" based on faith alone.

Do You understand what I am getting at. I can go into more detail if you like.


Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.

I am the only one in my family that has anything to do with church. It is not a narrow view at all. What am I suppose to be an atheist and believe in God or something? No, I can't do that, so I chose a side. I have thought it over, I have asked questions. I am not stupid. It wasn't like I was brought up like this and was brain washed into this thinking. No, I thought about it and I chose and I know why.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

CrossLii wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.




Well I am only 16. I can totally understand your way of thinking and why you think it. I am not completely shutting out others opinions and deciding not to understand them, because I do. I choose not to agree with it though, just like you are with me.

Can't say I know any personally, but you can't honestly tell me you haven't heard about the boys who went into a school asking people if they believed in God and if they said yes they would shoot them? And yes, there have been many wars that had to do with religion. Some people are crazy, both atheists and religious fanatics. I don't believe your point is proven, because I almost could say it is equally NOT proven. No matter what crap you bag on the belief in God, there is always crap on the other side. I am going to leave it at that, well try to. There will be no agreement between the two sides, and it could go on forever.


So you choose to believe that Gravity is fake as well? Do you choose to believe that earth is a Giant snow Globe?

The fact you choose to accept things based on what? Your ideals that came around do to faith or your up bringing?

Whats this tell you about your world view and your true understanding or reality.

Pretty narrow world view you have do to your "I choose attitude" based on faith alone.

Do You understand what I am getting at. I can go into more detail if you like.


Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.

I am the only one in my family that has anything to do with church. It is not a narrow view at all. What am I suppose to be an atheist and believe in God or something? No, I can't do that, so I chose a side. I have thought it over, I have asked questions. I am not stupid. It wasn't like I was brought up like this and was brain washed into this thinking. No, I thought about it and I chose and I know why.



Illogical. You can not prove something that does not exist wrong. There is no Evidence that Godzilla is not real.. So is he real???

There is not evidence that Tooth fairies are not real Are they real???

The lack of evidence for them is evidence it self in the fact that there not real!

But we are off topic.

Anyhow I do not mind the religouse.

I just have a steady dislike for like Blind Faith. illogical Ideal such as blind faith is Dangerous.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.