First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
What's your opinion towards Atheist?
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


CrossLii wrote:


2) I guess this example kind of confuses me..Like I want to ask WHY they are destroying humanity and why they would benefit from it..!? Would the person who does is still living or something? But of course everyone is different. Many people do value there lives, and many people even don't. As well as many people killing others for even believing in God. Again, we have our different opinions and I am pretty positive they won't change.


a) They work for The USAF Strategic Air Command?
b) they Work for the Soviet Equivalent?

Maybe you're too young to remember, but I grew up CONVINCED that I'd never live to see the 1990's because one side or the other was going to push the button and through Mutually Assured Destruction condemn all of humanity to the nuclear fires.

I'd like you to seriously, tell me how many people you know of who have been killed by 'atheists' for believing in God. I'll grant that people who believe in a given god have slaughtered those who believe in a different god (or even a different prophet of the same god) for 'believing in god'. But I'd argue that proves my point, not yours.




Well I am only 16. I can totally understand your way of thinking and why you think it. I am not completely shutting out others opinions and deciding not to understand them, because I do. I choose not to agree with it though, just like you are with me.


Can't say I know any personally, but you can't honestly tell me you haven't heard about the boys who went into a school asking people if they believed in God and if they said yes they would shoot them? And yes, there have been many wars that had to do with religion. Some people are crazy, both atheists and religious fanatics. I don't believe your point is proven, because I almost could say it is equally NOT proven. No matter what crap you bag on the belief in God, there is always crap on the other side. I am going to leave it at that, well try to. There will be no agreement between the two sides, and it could go on forever.



So you choose to believe that Gravity is fake as well? Do you choose to believe that earth is a Giant snow Globe?

The fact you choose to accept things based on what? Your ideals that came around do to faith or your up bringing?

Whats this tell you about your world view and your true understanding or reality.

Pretty narrow world view you have do to your "I choose attitude" based on faith alone.

Do You understand what I am getting at. I can go into more detail if you like.


where do you live?
Because if its America your full of shit. One America is 80% Religious. So is a kid believe in a god he will fit right in, in school.
More likely the atheist kid will be attacked and hurt in school. If only you knew how many atheist families lost there job just because a community was prejudges against them. Or how many atheist children had been beat up or hurt by Christians. It does not happen that atheist attack Christians only debate them on the lack of logic, and evidence for there Ideals. Its Christians that resort to violence to get there way 99.7% of the time.



i agree, Americans are full of shit :lol:. America is about 70% religious, around that number. 80% is too high.

So is a kid believe in a god he will fit right in, in school.

bullshit, Christianity is mocked in every subject. And kids dont "fit in" by many standards. Religion just isnt one of them.

If only you knew how many atheist families lost there job just because a community was prejudges against them. Or how many atheist children had been beat up or hurt by Christians

Sounds like excusses to me. If u lose a job due to prejudice, sue. If u get beat up, learn how to fight. People of all faiths, races, and nationalities deal with that.

It does not happen that atheist attack Christians only debate them on the lack of logic, and evidence for there Ideals

They also tend to attack Christians on many other basis as well, such as violence, emotional/physical angish, bullying, ect.

Its Christians that resort to violence to get there way 99.7% of the time.

Thats more of an American thing, and its like 100% of the time :mellow:.


Yea. yea. yea, i know this is a spam thread, and this is the 4th one i have come across in less than 5 mins. This thread breaks every one of the forum disscussion rules and ediquite. This thread (and the others) do not meet the standard as stated by the rules of extended discussion. I am offended by the title of this thread, and this is the last straw.

If i dont see this thread closed by 24 hours, I am boycotting crunchyroll. Why was MY thread closed when i follow EVERY rule? But this is the 4th thread to break EVERY rule, yet it remains open. I swear the quality of this site is going down. peace over war



10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10

CrossLii wrote:

Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.


Gravity has been proven wrong ? Please explain that.

If gravity has been proven wrong, then may I ask, what keeps us attached to the earth, to the point we need rockets with hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust to escape it ? Or what keeps the earth in orbit around the sun and keeps it from getting flung off into space. Or what makes objects fall when you drop them ? Can you disprove the concept of gravity to me ?

And if you say it can be disproved, can you prove to me that what you say exists. If your a Christian and want to disprove the Atheists you have to prove that god exists and prove all of science wrong. If your an Atheist and want to prove Christians wrong you have to disprove god and prove science.

If you do one you have to do the other. Can't only do one.

And I'm not an atheist btw, I'm Agnostic.
19454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Allhailodin wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.


Gravity has been proven wrong ? Please explain that.

If gravity has been proven wrong, then may I ask, what keeps us attached to the earth, to the point we need rockets with hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust to escape it ? Or what keeps the earth in orbit around the sun and keeps it from getting flung off into space. Or what makes objects fall when you drop them ? Can you disprove the concept of gravity to me ?

And if you say it can be disproved, can you prove to me that what you say exists. If your a Christian and want to disprove the Atheists you have to prove that god exists and prove all of science wrong. If your an Atheist and want to prove Christians wrong you have to disprove god and prove science.

If you do one you have to do the other. Can't only do one.

And I'm not an atheist btw, I'm Agnostic.


Prove to me Elves are not real.
Prove to me Fire Breathing dragons are not real.
DO that then I will stop thinking Agnostics are illogical with their lack of a stance.
Are you Agnostic for Pink one eyed Ogres? Why or why not? There no evidence that their not real.




(((( Darkphoenix3450. Quote . The lack of evidence in it self is the evidence against its existence. ))))
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.


Gravity has been proven wrong ? Please explain that.

If gravity has been proven wrong, then may I ask, what keeps us attached to the earth, to the point we need rockets with hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust to escape it ? Or what keeps the earth in orbit around the sun and keeps it from getting flung off into space. Or what makes objects fall when you drop them ? Can you disprove the concept of gravity to me ?

And if you say it can be disproved, can you prove to me that what you say exists. If your a Christian and want to disprove the Atheists you have to prove that god exists and prove all of science wrong. If your an Atheist and want to prove Christians wrong you have to disprove god and prove science.

If you do one you have to do the other. Can't only do one.

And I'm not an atheist btw, I'm Agnostic.


Prove to me Elves are not real.
Prove to me Fire Breathing dragons are not real.
DO that then I will stop thinking Agnostics are illogical with their lack of a stance.



Science would have revealed elves or dragons by now. Pretty much every inch of earth can be seen by satellites with enough detail to count the pebbles in a 2 foot area, its obvious dragons, rocs, elves, werewolves, ect unless capable of traveling to another dimension / space time don't exist here on earth or they would have been revealed by now. Maybe on another planet tho, a dragon would just be a large reptile(similar to a dinosaur) and it could breathe fire if it could belch methane and use some kinda chemical/s to ignite it.
19454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Allhailodin wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.


Gravity has been proven wrong ? Please explain that.

If gravity has been proven wrong, then may I ask, what keeps us attached to the earth, to the point we need rockets with hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust to escape it ? Or what keeps the earth in orbit around the sun and keeps it from getting flung off into space. Or what makes objects fall when you drop them ? Can you disprove the concept of gravity to me ?

And if you say it can be disproved, can you prove to me that what you say exists. If your a Christian and want to disprove the Atheists you have to prove that god exists and prove all of science wrong. If your an Atheist and want to prove Christians wrong you have to disprove god and prove science.

If you do one you have to do the other. Can't only do one.

And I'm not an atheist btw, I'm Agnostic.


Prove to me Elves are not real.
Prove to me Fire Breathing dragons are not real.
DO that then I will stop thinking Agnostics are illogical with their lack of a stance.



Science would have revealed elves or dragons by now. Pretty much every inch of earth can be seen by satellites with enough detail to count the pebbles in a 2 foot area, its obvious dragons, rocs, elves, werewolves, ect unless capable of traveling to another dimension / space time don't exist here on earth or they would have been revealed by now. Maybe on another planet tho, a dragon would just be a large reptile(similar to a dinosaur) and it could breathe fire if it could belch methane and use some kinda chemical/s to ignite it.


SO your saying the lack of evidence is evidence in it self!
Than could it not be the same for a god?

See your not agnostic.. Your just a Atheist who fears the stigma that comes with the name...
Just like Albert Einstein.

With all are science exploits and understanding on how things came to be, what evidence of a god do we have?
That is the point.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

SO your saying the lack of evidence is evidence in it self!
Than could it not be the same for a god?

See your not agnostic.. Your just a Atheist who fears the stigma that comes with the name...
Just like Albert Einstein.


Its entirely possible a God / multiple Gods could exist. But can you prove it / they do, or can you prove it / they doesn't ?

There's no evidence to prove a god / multiple gods exist. And there probably never will be.
19454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Allhailodin wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

SO your saying the lack of evidence is evidence in it self!
Than could it not be the same for a god?

See your not agnostic.. Your just a Atheist who fears the stigma that comes with the name...
Just like Albert Einstein.


Its entirely possible a God / multiple Gods could exist. But can you prove it / they do, or can you prove it / they doesn't ?


In the same way you do not believe in Elvis.

Lack of evidence is evidence in it self.

We know how life can come to be, and understand how worlds and suns are made. We know why people die.
But what evidence did we come by for a god or a need of one in anything?

That in it self is the key. Lack of evidence is evidence in it self.

Just like you pointed out for Dragons and Elves. God is no different. Once evidence for object is found we can reevaluate are Ideals but till that time It is illogical and at times dangerous to accept anything even halfhearted without at-least a little bit of evidence.

19454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10

Allhailodin wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

SO your saying the lack of evidence is evidence in it self!
Than could it not be the same for a god?

See your not agnostic.. Your just a Atheist who fears the stigma that comes with the name...
Just like Albert Einstein.


Its entirely possible a God / multiple Gods could exist. But can you prove it / they do, or can you prove it / they doesn't ?

There's no evidence to prove a god / multiple gods exist. And there probably never will be.



Maby advance Aliens but I not count them as Gods? And even then Aliens have some evidence to back it up, as in what we know of life and how it can come to be. It be less logical to deem that earth is only place with life.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

In the same way you do not believe in Elvis.

Lack of evidence is evidence in it self.

We know how life can come to be, and understand how worlds and suns are made. We know why people die.
But what evidence did we come by for a god or a need of one in anything?

That in it self is the key. Lack of evidence is evidence in it self.

Just like you pointed out for Dragons and Elves. God is no different. Once evidence for object is found we can reevaluate are Ideals but till that time It is illogical and at times dangerous to accept anything even halfhearted without at-least a little bit of evidence.



Elvis exists.

But its not that simple. There could be a god, but it could simple exist in a different space time than our own. Maybe another dimension. Our technology isn't advanced enough yet to say for sure that there is no other space time or dimensions. So it can't be completely rules out. Hell there could even be entire other universes. Maybe this god thing exists in another universe or something. Unless we can form a stable bridge to this other universe, no way to know and thus no way to rule it out.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

SO your saying the lack of evidence is evidence in it self!
Than could it not be the same for a god?

See your not agnostic.. Your just a Atheist who fears the stigma that comes with the name...
Just like Albert Einstein.


Its entirely possible a God / multiple Gods could exist. But can you prove it / they do, or can you prove it / they doesn't ?

There's no evidence to prove a god / multiple gods exist. And there probably never will be.



Maby advance Aliens but I not count them as Gods? And even then Aliens have some evidence to back it up, as in what we know of life and how it can come to be. It be less logical to deem that earth is only place with life.


Of course there are aliens lol, There's probably 2-5 thousand other planets in out galaxy alone with human class intelligent life on it. Times 500 billion other galaxies.
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/24/10

Allhailodin wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

Yes, I understand. But I choose not to believe those because they can be proven wrong. God hasn't been proven wrong. There will always be people who are trying to do that but who can't succeed. Like when people die on the operating table and say that they saw there body being operated on and they say angels. That happened to my Grandma, and I really believe her story. But of course people say that it could be the brain still functioning before full death or something! BUT THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. We know gravity is real, we know the world isn't a giant snow globe.


Gravity has been proven wrong ? Please explain that.

If gravity has been proven wrong, then may I ask, what keeps us attached to the earth, to the point we need rockets with hundreds of thousands of pounds of thrust to escape it ? Or what keeps the earth in orbit around the sun and keeps it from getting flung off into space. Or what makes objects fall when you drop them ? Can you disprove the concept of gravity to me ?

And if you say it can be disproved, can you prove to me that what you say exists. If your a Christian and want to disprove the Atheists you have to prove that god exists and prove all of science wrong. If your an Atheist and want to prove Christians wrong you have to disprove god and prove science.

If you do one you have to do the other. Can't only do one.

And I'm not an atheist btw, I'm Agnostic.


Um..if you read my last sentence I said gravity was real....you know since I said "We know gravity is real."
So that is all I can say back since I never said that gravity wasn't real.

You really should have read my whole discussion I guess. I know what you are saying, it was just what I was pretty much saying. I was saying that the fact God doesn't exist has not been proven, as well as him existing hasn't been proven. And no, finding that God does exist does not prove ALL of science wrong? I have no idea where you got that. What you are saying is not completely making sense, sorry...
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 6/24/10

CrossLii wrote:

You really should have read my whole discussion I guess. I know what you are saying, it was just what I was pretty much saying. I was saying that the fact God doesn't exist has not been proven, as well as him existing hasn't been proven. And no, finding that God does exist does not prove ALL of science wrong? I have no idea where you got that. What you are saying is not completely making sense, sorry...



A single God or multiple Gods can never be proven or disproven. It / they could exist in a separate space time (universe / dimension) that we can never access or something. So unless technology advances to the point where we can prove 100% that there is no other space times god/s can never be proven or disproven. But said god/s could still exist within our space time so even them they can't be proven or disproven.

Proving a specific god true or false(like the Christain god) could wind up proving science true or false. If for example the Christain god was proven to be true, and it confirmed the bible, its A either lying, or B, lots of science is wrong.
75452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/24/10
I do have to stress one thing folks.

Scientists rarely try to, and science is REALLY bad at, proving a negative.

The best science can say is "There's no evidence of it, so it's not a factor in our equations."

All those who challenge Science to PROVE the non-existence of God don't understand the first thing about scientific theory, the scientific method, or scientifically repeatable and provable results.

Science is the study of "OBSERVABLE PHENOMENON" If something is invisible untouchable and only exists through the 'speaking of one's heart' or similar metaphorical whimsy. Then it's not a scientific phenomenon, science has no interest in it. or opinion on it. other than "next subject?"
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 7/1/10


The bible. Jesus Christ in history. I would say those are used as evidence, though yes, evidence can not always prove something.

Isn't Godzilla just some made up monster used in movies? I guess I don't know much about godzilla if there were really legends that told of him or something? But really that example is quite funny XD

And yes there is evidence that the tooth fairy is real. Possibly the fact that your parents put the money under the pillow doesn't really magically appear and we made up stories about how it ended up there. Your examples are...well maybe you should find better ones. Sorry if that sounds rude, I really don't know how else to say it..lol.

I am glad you don't mind the religious, as well as I don't mind the atheists, it is their choice. I Just don't like when they try so hard to be right like they KNOW, when they don't. It is how they think. I don't go around parading how I KNOW God is real or something and I try to make everyone believe it. I simply say why I believe it and I am happy with it. Of course not all atheists are like that as well as not all religious people are like me, some do try to prove it also and shove it down others throats also.
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/24/10 , edited 7/1/10


Please I would rather you not tell me I am full of shit. I might take you more seriously if you learned proper English, though maybe you are not from America. Did you not READ what the heck I just said. Are you KIDDING me? Did I not just say that either side has their own CRAP? OH MY GOSH some people can be so oblivious and closed minded!!! For example, you. I know that, Christians have been hurt by atheists, atheists have been hurt by other religious fanatics. I don't know about your school or whatever schools you are in but the atheists are completely fine, and I moved to a small religious town. There are reasons for both sides, evidence for both side, so stop acting like only an atheists side has evidence. I'm done debating with you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.