First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Christianity 101: The Christian God
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 6/20/10

orangeflute wrote:


AMISH, get it right!


it's late night when i was typing that and i'm too sleepy to google it
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/10

alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


AMISH, get it right!


it's late night when i was typing that and i'm too sleepy to google it


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!

2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 6/20/10

orangeflute wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


AMISH, get it right!


it's late night when i was typing that and i'm too sleepy to google it


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!



Bush... I like that guy
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/10

alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


AMISH, get it right!


it's late night when i was typing that and i'm too sleepy to google it


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!



Bush... I like that guy


I like it more for the flag and the ship.
Posted 6/20/10

alupihan45 wrote:



Bush... I like that guy
And some said without him the 9/11 couldn't be made possible as an "inside job", while he raised the war on Iraq and the war on terrorism all in the name of the Christian God. So it's no wonder that you're bias towards your own kin.
Posted 6/20/10
Omni-benevolent ....
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/10

alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


alupihan45 wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


AMISH, get it right!


it's late night when i was typing that and i'm too sleepy to google it


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!



Bush... I like that guy


Also, you should try and pay attention to the quote, that song isn't actually American.
2283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/21/10
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10


Exactly. I'd rather go with Satan then God any day.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

orangeflute wrote:


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!



Wait...What? American Tradition? That's the British (and Many Commonwealth countries) Navy's Song.

75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

orangeflute wrote:



Also, you should try and pay attention to the quote, that song isn't actually American.


Ah... okay then.

1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


orangeflute wrote:


A proud American tradition shall not be defiled by misspelling!

Come, cheer up my lads, 'tis to glory steer
To add something more to wonderful year
To honour we call you, as freemen not slave,
For who is so free as the sons of the wave!

Heart of Oak are our ship, Jolly Tar are our men!
We always are ready-
Steady, boys, steady
We fight and we conquer again and again!



Wait...What? American Tradition? That's the British (and Many Commonwealth countries) Navy's Song.



Despite America's proud naval and martial maritime traditions (sodomy included), we simply do not have a song that fits. 'Anchors Aweigh' is simply awful and the marine's hymn, the one about 'the halls of Montezuma' and the 'Shores of Tripoli', celebrates our triumph over countries whose arsenal consisted primarily pointed sticks and sabres.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

orangeflute [link url="/forumtopic-640823/christianity-101-the-christian-god/?fpid=32065246" title="View quoted

Despite America's proud naval and martial maritime traditions (sodomy included), we simply do not have a song that fits. 'Anchors Aweigh' is simply awful and the marine's hymn, the one about 'the halls of Montezuma' and the 'Shores of Tripoli', celebrates our triumph over countries whose arsenal consisted primarily pointed sticks and sabres.


though to be fair, those aren't the words I learned. Close but just a little off.

as for the marines.... Are they some special 5th branch of the armed forces? Pretty uppity for a bunch of naval infantry. I didn't know they were admitting to their connection with the navy. But you have to give them credit, taking down the barbary pirates and finishing the deal with Santa Anna were important parts of American history.


2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


orangeflute [link url="/forumtopic-640823/christianity-101-the-christian-god/?fpid=32065246" title="View quoted

Despite America's proud naval and martial maritime traditions (sodomy included), we simply do not have a song that fits. 'Anchors Aweigh' is simply awful and the marine's hymn, the one about 'the halls of Montezuma' and the 'Shores of Tripoli', celebrates our triumph over countries whose arsenal consisted primarily pointed sticks and sabres.


though to be fair, those aren't the words I learned. Close but just a little off.

as for the marines.... Are they some special 5th branch of the armed forces? Pretty uppity for a bunch of naval infantry. I didn't know they were admitting to their connection with the navy. But you have to give them credit, taking down the barbary pirates and finishing the deal with Santa Anna were important parts of American history.




marines is the ground force of the navy and there are only three branch of armed forces (depends if your country counts the police)

Army is not only ground, Navy is not only water and Air force is not only sky.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

DomFortress wrote:


Akisame15 wrote:

i get you...but let's not make it about Christians but about Christ...fact is people are always gonna hate us because of what we stand for. Jesus told us that...nevertheless we should continue to spread His message.

oh and about that money question thing you have up there. i'd also like to add that God isn't a genie...He's the master and WE are the servants, alot of times we want things that God does not want for us. there's a verse in psalms that says delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. to be able to delight or take joy in the Lord you gotta have a close relationship with Him...at that point your will aligns with His...and u end up getting what you want...cuz it's what HE wants
Do you know why I hate being enslaved for no good reason and a lack of sufficient justification? When any form of human slavery is wrong because it's a immoral and unethical practice of inequality on humanity, and that's a fact which the Bible often contradicts on itself.


i odnt believe slavery is wrong and immoral, i believe slavery has its place in societies of the past. I dont believe societies could fuction without slavery back then. Its just that Americans preception of what slavery is, is lacking for lack of a better word. peace over war
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.