First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Why are girls so infatuated with asian boy bands?
4983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / some place your n...
Offline
Posted 7/1/10

Fistacon wrote:


death07 wrote:

Ok i didn't see any thing with the same topic there were a few that looked similar but what i want to know is

why? is it just how they guys look because most of them can't sing so what drives girls to like them? every time i look at the music section of the forum it's all "what asian boy band are you obsessed with?" or "what band member would you marry?" i just find it strange people could have such an attachment to something so superficial


if this is a dupe feel free to lock it


This is like asking a guy "Why do you like Victoria Secret models?"
Some people go for the "superficial" thing, it can't be helped, it's human nature.
If you've never looked at someone and liked them (or in the case of boybands, become a fan) there's something wrong with you...

inb4: But I don't find Victoria Secret models hot


i get that, but with hot girls i find them hot but that's about as far as it goes and i get that mentality towards boy bands where it's like i like them. but when i see all the i want to marry them and the screaming obsessed fans even guys don't go that far for hot girls so that's what i don't get just how they can put forth an almost cult like worship for a boy band and all they really see are their looks and their voice

and i know it not that their is something wrong because i don't like boy bands i mean to each their own i just want to know how the people that do like them think cuz i don't get it
4080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Silent Hill, West...
Offline
Posted 7/1/10
Wish I knew. lol
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Putting ice pack...
Offline
Posted 7/2/10
because all the other guys lyk u a uglaaaayyyy
7876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ♪Inside Your Head♫
Offline
Posted 8/26/10
Am I the only girl who isn't so much into those boybands? lol jk I used to be obsessed with them. Now it's like...uh huh ok maybe. I think they're too overrated.
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/26/10
Why...Cause Boy bands Are Amazing...
Their voices are good, their dance movies are awesome and their personalty are fun well maybe some.
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/26/10

yuki_n_jin wrote:

that's because their music is good!!!
><
i love their songs....my fave band would be kat-tun....i used 2 hate them....n when my friend forced me 2 listen 2 their songs
i completely fell in love with them><


LOL! I Love KAT-TUN from First Sight XD
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/26/10 , edited 8/26/10

craz4anime wrote:

I only obsess over my one and only Favourite Japanese Band (KAT-TUN) but I won't Scream/Shriek and run towards them if i had the luck to see them. (and i don't hate people who hate them)

Why? because I ACTUALLY like their songs (not all of them, ofcourse). They're a bit different from the usual jpop bands and not all of them are hot (Yes, I admit to it) and I don't particularly obsess over all members (tho I like all)...Just Kamenashi Kazuya <3 XP

For others, If i like their songs, I listen to them, If I don't like their songs, I won't listen to them

And the reason why girls might like Asian boy bands, In my opinion, is because they (some) are hot and It's not just teenagers who find them hot and the teenagers might actually like their songs rather than just their faces because I don't see thousands of girls sqealing over every hot guys that they pass in the street.

Oh and, I don't really care what kinda music or bands others like, (eg, my brother listens to some songs i find crappy), I just listen to what i Like and let people listen to what they like


Yeah! I like their songs too, esp "No More Pain" "Real face" '"White Xmas"...
Yeah I Like All members but I'm more Obsessed with Jin....since he's not KAT-TUN anymore..
My 2nd Choice is Kazuya for his talents....but Jin is still my "Ichiban".
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F
Offline
Posted 8/27/10
Well, personally .. I have heard lots of people praising boy bands, calling them talented, charming, charismatic etc. But, from my point of view, it's not they are talented .. mass media makes us believe that they're talented. It's like the popular dude in our high school, who isn't really anything special, but we start to think he is because people around us tends to believe so. Who also probably got influenced by few others.
Now, if a broadcasting channel compliments a bunch of teens day and night, calling them handsome, talented, charismatic etc .. I wonder how many of us will actually remain unaffected.
Now, if you look at it objectively,
Does Hero jaejoong really sing as well as people believe he does? He definitely has a beautiful voice and carries tune, but then again .. there are a lot of people who can as well.
Their dancing isn't even as great as people make it seem to be.
So, do they really deserve the title of an 'idol'?
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/27/10
Because I like their musics especially Bigbang. Their musics made me like kpop. I used to hate listening to American musics because it's not that good and lots of sex, drugs, etc. I listen to kpop even though I don't understand it. i just like how they sings and the songs have good catchy lyrics.
19213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 8/27/10
I don't know to be honest. I kinda just got into it because it was different (to be honest im asian obssesed not just by looks either)
I found the music different and i loved how they still had boybands and girl groups well america had dropped them.
I admit i like it when the members are hot. but if i think they can't sing and the song sucks then i won't listen or watch them
I don't like when the group is hot but they can't sing or dance worth there life.
Thats why i like groups like SHINee , DBSK , U-Kiss and Super Junior. They are hot but they can also sing and dance. I wouldn't like scream and run after them but i do kinda react when they do something on TV shows.
I don't understand mindsets where looks only count. but thats the point i guess. They need hot guys girls will want to make money.
138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In the cookie jar~
Offline
Posted 8/28/10
Well I think the reason I got so involved in boy bands was basically for a change..listening to american pop songs that contained lyrics about Sex,Money,Girls(The way she moves 'that ass' or how great she is in bed or how the singer just wants to sex her (or them) up,all over the place or how 'fine' she is) some songs being slightly more detailed,containing lots of swears and other obscenities that made me cringe and shudder..so one day I got so annoyed constantly listening to all that bad music I just told my friend(who was originally the K-pop fan) to send me the songs she listened to..which got me started off with suju and I grew to like other bands...
Now why I'm so infatuated with asian boy bands is simple...the point of their idols are good-looking people who can sing well,dance well and have different, but likeable 'images' if you like..also probably when shown on reality shows or interviews you get to see an insight to the person..so you eventually end up being attracted to someone in particular or in general all of the band members..who as I mentioned are talented(not necessarily all boy bands) AND good-looking..so yeah it's a good package for any girl
Also they sing about love(sometimes I think that's all they sing about ) but it's a change.the plus is I don't understand the language so I don't know what they're singing mild swearing perhaps,but there's little or no sexual reference...
and once you get 'into' a band and go to all the trouble of listening to their songs and watching videos about them..even the things you don't like..you end up liking themXD
608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Home~
Offline
Posted 8/28/10

AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:

that's because their music is good!!!
><
i love their songs....my fave band would be kat-tun....i used 2 hate them....n when my friend forced me 2 listen 2 their songs
i completely fell in love with them><


LOL! I Love KAT-TUN from First Sight XD





my friend first showed me kat tun from their QOP concert Hell No...
n well, i don't particularly like Kame's hairstyle from there...i was so shocked that he was odagiri ryuu from gokusen2...coz i LOOVE odagiri ryuu...
but yea><


after of course, i listened 2 their music...i fell in love with them...n....i startted looking up their pics n stuff online...well,who knows that akanishi jin is one sexy guy??
xD
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/10

yuki_n_jin wrote:


AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:

that's because their music is good!!!
><
i love their songs....my fave band would be kat-tun....i used 2 hate them....n when my friend forced me 2 listen 2 their songs
i completely fell in love with them><


LOL! I Love KAT-TUN from First Sight XD





my friend first showed me kat tun from their QOP concert Hell No...
n well, i don't particularly like Kame's hairstyle from there...i was so shocked that he was odagiri ryuu from gokusen2...coz i LOOVE odagiri ryuu...
but yea><


after of course, i listened 2 their music...i fell in love with them...n....i startted looking up their pics n stuff online...well,who knows that akanishi jin is one sexy guy??
xD


lmfao~ I fell for Kazuya first, his voice melted my heart, his acting made me feel his character and his personality was cute and fun.
but When I saw Jin, Gya! Not only he's good at singing, good at acting, good at creating lyrics he's also super cute...His personality is a bit...but He is a cool guy xD
608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Home~
Offline
Posted 8/30/10

AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:


AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:

that's because their music is good!!!
><
i love their songs....my fave band would be kat-tun....i used 2 hate them....n when my friend forced me 2 listen 2 their songs
i completely fell in love with them><


LOL! I Love KAT-TUN from First Sight XD





my friend first showed me kat tun from their QOP concert Hell No...
n well, i don't particularly like Kame's hairstyle from there...i was so shocked that he was odagiri ryuu from gokusen2...coz i LOOVE odagiri ryuu...
but yea><


after of course, i listened 2 their music...i fell in love with them...n....i startted looking up their pics n stuff online...well,who knows that akanishi jin is one sexy guy??
xD


lmfao~ I fell for Kazuya first, his voice melted my heart, his acting made me feel his character and his personality was cute and fun.
but When I saw Jin, Gya! Not only he's good at singing, good at acting, good at creating lyrics he's also super cute...His personality is a bit...but He is a cool guy xD


well, i fell for kame as odagiri ryuu...n when he's in tatta hitotsu no koi....n nobuta....but after that....
after he CUT his hair.......well, idk y...but...all his hotness kinda melted away....lol
out of all the kat tun members, my fave singer would b him....(altho i like him sumtimes....but i prefer JIN<3)
but then, looks/talent wise would b Jin(talent as in dancing+modelling+acting.....+HIS HOTNESS)
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/30/10

yuki_n_jin wrote:


AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:


AkanishiJinIsLove wrote:


yuki_n_jin wrote:

that's because their music is good!!!
><
i love their songs....my fave band would be kat-tun....i used 2 hate them....n when my friend forced me 2 listen 2 their songs
i completely fell in love with them><


LOL! I Love KAT-TUN from First Sight XD





my friend first showed me kat tun from their QOP concert Hell No...
n well, i don't particularly like Kame's hairstyle from there...i was so shocked that he was odagiri ryuu from gokusen2...coz i LOOVE odagiri ryuu...
but yea><


after of course, i listened 2 their music...i fell in love with them...n....i startted looking up their pics n stuff online...well,who knows that akanishi jin is one sexy guy??
xD


lmfao~ I fell for Kazuya first, his voice melted my heart, his acting made me feel his character and his personality was cute and fun.
but When I saw Jin, Gya! Not only he's good at singing, good at acting, good at creating lyrics he's also super cute...His personality is a bit...but He is a cool guy xD


well, i fell for kame as odagiri ryuu...n when he's in tatta hitotsu no koi....n nobuta....but after that....
after he CUT his hair.......well, idk y...but...all his hotness kinda melted away....lol
out of all the kat tun members, my fave singer would b him....(altho i like him sumtimes....but i prefer JIN<3)
but then, looks/talent wise would b Jin(talent as in dancing+modelling+acting.....+HIS HOTNESS)



I Actually Adore Both...but Yeah Jin....Kazu Is great an all but he's missing "Cute".
He's slightly below average in my eyes, no matter what hairstyle he has.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.