First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anyone up for a religious debate?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10
Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10

DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.

Posted 6/22/10
I don't believe, am I a bad person? I respect other people's beliefs however.

Posted 6/22/10
I follow the way of the Jedi.
64551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/10
Homosexuality is as much of a sin as masterbaiting. The theory behind It is the semen which is used to create life is wasted when not inside a woman.

It's okay for women to be gay, though, lol.

Masterbaiting is the same as being gay, all men are sinners!!!
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10

Chained_Angel wrote:

I don't believe, am I a bad person? I respect other people's beliefs however.


No, you are not a bad person. But aren't we all bad. We are ALL sinners which makes us all bad. Some worster than other.. One question, do you you truly seek him? This is what the bible says "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)


2305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.



but if god is the new testament god, which i'm assuming you're talking about, then as a god of mercy and love homosexuality shouldn't be a problem, because as Jesus said "Love the sinner, hate the sin" and "Love they neighbor as thyself" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone" . Besides, the only place in the bible where it even mentions homosexuality is the old testament, and in that book, you make fun of prophets and she bears will come out of the forest and eat you. Oh, and homosexuality isn't a choice. It's a gene in your DNA that nature produces so that the population doesn't get out of hand. and if you say that the science behind that is false and you put your faith in a book over 2000 years old that steals stories from other major religions and says it's okay to own a Hebrew slave, but you must free him after 7 years, but if he had a wife and kids, you can keep them, and if he refuses to go, you can drill a hole in his head, then i don't know why i'm wasting my time trying to enlighten you.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

Zhemos88 wrote:

Homosexuality is as much of a sin as masterbaiting. The theory behind It is the semen which is used to create life is wasted when not inside a woman.

It's okay for women to be gay, though, lol.

Masterbaiting is the same as being gay, all men are sinners!!!

You are correct. Not only that God gave us a responsibility of being fruitful and multiplying. Why would you do the opposite of it? Is not that every men sin, ALL of us including women sin.

4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10

unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.



but if god is the new testament god, which i'm assuming you're talking about, then as a god of mercy and love homosexuality shouldn't be a problem, because as Jesus said "Love the sinner, hate the sin" and "Love they neighbor as thyself" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone" . Besides, the only place in the bible where it even mentions homosexuality is the old testament, and in that book, you make fun of prophets and she bears will come out of the forest and eat you. Oh, and homosexuality isn't a choice. It's a gene in your DNA that nature produces so that the population doesn't get out of hand. and if you say that the science behind that is false and you put your faith in a book over 2000 years old that steals stories from other major religions and says it's okay to own a Hebrew slave, but you must free him after 7 years, but if he had a wife and kids, you can keep them, and if he refuses to go, you can drill a hole in his head, then i don't know why i'm wasting my time trying to enlighten you.


Woah, YOU ARE WRONG. God, said be fruitful and multiply... why would you do the opposite of what God is telling you by decreasing the population. God, specifically says he against homosexuality in the bible. omosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a severe judgment administered by God Himself. This judgment is simple: They are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:18ff). As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.

No, you aren't born that way. It's the enviroment in which you grew up in and how your parent's discipline you.

2285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/22/10
In order to start a decent debate you really should mention what religion you belong to. So...what religion are you, dear author? You're clearly Christian, but what branch of Christianity do you belong to, or argue on the basis of?
64551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10
You only respond to stuff that's convenient for you to answer. Being gay is the same as masterbaiting, which we agree on. So If I masterbait It's a detestable act and I should be put to death in the eyes of the all loving God. lol


edit: Nice ninja edit there. lol

I'm done here, you're obviously a cultist with no open mind what so ever.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10

Zhemos88 wrote:

You only respond to stuff that's convenient for you to answer. Being gay is the same as masterbaiting, which we agree on. So If I masterbait It's a detestable act and I should be put to death in the eyes of the all loving God. lol


If you masturbate you are producing something you can be creating life with. Watching porn and looking at a person with lust is a sin. No, we are all sinners.. and everything God does is perfect. Also, thall shall not kill... who said a homosexual should be put to death?

2305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.



but if god is the new testament god, which i'm assuming you're talking about, then as a god of mercy and love homosexuality shouldn't be a problem, because as Jesus said "Love the sinner, hate the sin" and "Love they neighbor as thyself" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone" . Besides, the only place in the bible where it even mentions homosexuality is the old testament, and in that book, you make fun of prophets and she bears will come out of the forest and eat you. Oh, and homosexuality isn't a choice. It's a gene in your DNA that nature produces so that the population doesn't get out of hand. and if you say that the science behind that is false and you put your faith in a book over 2000 years old that steals stories from other major religions and says it's okay to own a Hebrew slave, but you must free him after 7 years, but if he had a wife and kids, you can keep them, and if he refuses to go, you can drill a hole in his head, then i don't know why i'm wasting my time trying to enlighten you.


Woah, YOU ARE WRONG. God, said be fruitful and multiply... why would you do the opposite of what God is telling you by decreasing the population. God, specifically says he against homosexuality in the bible. Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

No, you aren't born that way. It's the enviroment in which you grew up in and how your parent's discipline you.



Well, god said be fruitful and multiply when there were way less than six billion people, so i'm thinking god meant up to a point, and homosexuality doesn't decrease the population. I know a couple of gay couples who have adopted children, who otherwise may have had a horrible life.
And once again, thank you for proving my point. Leviticus was in the old testament, where god is a god of vengeance and wrath, she bears eat kids, and it's perfectly okay to sell your daughter as a sex slave. If you're a christian, you deal with the new testament, you know, the one where jesus said all that stuff about love, acceptance, forgiveness, things like that. Nothing is mentioned about homosexuality in the new testament, and no, homosexuality doesn't come from the environment you grow up in, cause if it did, explain why hardcore christian senators who hate homosexuality ask for gay sex to undercover cops in airport bathrooms.
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

Chained_Angel wrote:

I don't believe, am I a bad person? I respect other people's beliefs however.



No you aren't a bad person, and god loves you. But he will unflinchingly condemn you to an eternity of suffering just because you chose to exercise your (ironically) god-given free will. But God doesn't care about good poeple, just loyal people. Christians who are pedophiles, thieves, murderers and liars all have a place in heaven. A law abiding atheist does not. For them its hell.

Christians don't seem to realise that their god is the cruelest god of all. There's so much suffering going on in the world, and God can stop it. He chooses not to. He'd rather let people suffer than help them, because when people suffer, that's when they call on him most of all. If God exists, he is a pathetic attention seeker.

No god who truly loves someone unconditionally could send them to hell for something as petty as unbelieving. The Christian god is a murderer, and an evil, malevolent being.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.