First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anyone up for a religious debate?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.



but if god is the new testament god, which i'm assuming you're talking about, then as a god of mercy and love homosexuality shouldn't be a problem, because as Jesus said "Love the sinner, hate the sin" and "Love they neighbor as thyself" and "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone" . Besides, the only place in the bible where it even mentions homosexuality is the old testament, and in that book, you make fun of prophets and she bears will come out of the forest and eat you. Oh, and homosexuality isn't a choice. It's a gene in your DNA that nature produces so that the population doesn't get out of hand. and if you say that the science behind that is false and you put your faith in a book over 2000 years old that steals stories from other major religions and says it's okay to own a Hebrew slave, but you must free him after 7 years, but if he had a wife and kids, you can keep them, and if he refuses to go, you can drill a hole in his head, then i don't know why i'm wasting my time trying to enlighten you.


Woah, YOU ARE WRONG. God, said be fruitful and multiply... why would you do the opposite of what God is telling you by decreasing the population. God, specifically says he against homosexuality in the bible. Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

No, you aren't born that way. It's the enviroment in which you grew up in and how your parent's discipline you.



Well, god said be fruitful and multiply when there were way less than six billion people, so i'm thinking god meant up to a point, and homosexuality doesn't decrease the population. I know a couple of gay couples who have adopted children, who otherwise may have had a horrible life.
And once again, thank you for proving my point. Leviticus was in the old testament, where god is a god of vengeance and wrath, she bears eat kids, and it's perfectly okay to sell your daughter as a sex slave. If you're a christian, you deal with the new testament, you know, the one where jesus said all that stuff about love, acceptance, forgiveness, things like that. Nothing is mentioned about homosexuality in the new testament, and no, homosexuality doesn't come from the environment you grow up in, cause if it did, explain why hardcore christian senators who hate homosexuality ask for gay sex to undercover cops in airport bathrooms.


Ok, so you telling me homosexuality doesn't decrease the population? Does it it increase it, i don't think so! There's nothing wrong adopting but hmosexuality is a sin. Ever heard the story of Gordom and Sordom. And the new testament does mention it!
Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Do you research! Sexual sin is the only sin where we are sinning inside our bodies and since we are the temple of the Holy Spirit...we are sinning in the temple.
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

If you masturbate you are producing something you can be creating life with.



What's the point of this sentence?
Posted 6/22/10

speekma wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:

I don't believe, am I a bad person? I respect other people's beliefs however.



No you aren't a bad person, and god loves you. But he will unflinchingly condemn you to an eternity of suffering just because you chose to exercise your (ironically) god-given free will. But God doesn't care about good poeple, just loyal people. Christians who are pedophiles, thieves, murderers and liars all have a place in heaven. A law abiding atheist does not. For them its hell.

Christians don't seem to realise that their god is the cruelest god of all. There's so much suffering going on in the world, and God can stop it. He chooses not to. He'd rather let people suffer than help them, because when people suffer, that's when they call on him most of all. If God exists, he is a pathetic attention seeker.

No god who truly loves someone unconditionally could send them to hell for something as petty as unbelieving. The Christian god is a murderer, and an evil, malevolent being.


My Brother once told me "Religious wars are like kids fighting over who has the best imaginary friend."
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

Chained_Angel wrote:


speekma wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:

I don't believe, am I a bad person? I respect other people's beliefs however.



No you aren't a bad person, and god loves you. But he will unflinchingly condemn you to an eternity of suffering just because you chose to exercise your (ironically) god-given free will. But God doesn't care about good poeple, just loyal people. Christians who are pedophiles, thieves, murderers and liars all have a place in heaven. A law abiding atheist does not. For them its hell.

Christians don't seem to realise that their god is the cruelest god of all. There's so much suffering going on in the world, and God can stop it. He chooses not to. He'd rather let people suffer than help them, because when people suffer, that's when they call on him most of all. If God exists, he is a pathetic attention seeker.

No god who truly loves someone unconditionally could send them to hell for something as petty as unbelieving. The Christian god is a murderer, and an evil, malevolent being.


My Brother once told me "Religious wars are like kids fighting over who has the best imaginary friend."


Haha, I like that.

93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/10
Cruelest God there is? What about those Gods have human sacrifice or those Gods who have baby sacrifices.
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


DarnellA wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Ok, so I'm sick and tired of arrogant non-believers who think they know everything... when they don't. Ask me any question and I'll answer happily. Ask me anything?! and let this debate BEGIN!

Jesus is Lord! Amen

REQUIREMENTS: You must be smart <-- That's all I ask


Is Homosexuality a Sin and if its a Sin what should be done to those who proudly Homosexuals?

YES, homosexuality is a sin. Nothing should be done to those who are proudly homosexual but to seek God's help... no offence. Each and one of us have freedom of choice, but if we are open to freedom of choice, we can actually testify against God or be with him,

And the LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:22-25)

It is a sin.




Woah, YOU ARE WRONG. God, said be fruitful and multiply... why would you do the opposite of what God is telling you by decreasing the population. God, specifically says he against homosexuality in the bible. Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

No, you aren't born that way. It's the enviroment in which you grew up in and how your parent's discipline you.



Well, god said be fruitful and multiply when there were way less than six billion people, so i'm thinking god meant up to a point, and homosexuality doesn't decrease the population. I know a couple of gay couples who have adopted children, who otherwise may have had a horrible life.
And once again, thank you for proving my point. Leviticus was in the old testament, where god is a god of vengeance and wrath, she bears eat kids, and it's perfectly okay to sell your daughter as a sex slave. If you're a christian, you deal with the new testament, you know, the one where jesus said all that stuff about love, acceptance, forgiveness, things like that. Nothing is mentioned about homosexuality in the new testament, and no, homosexuality doesn't come from the environment you grow up in, cause if it did, explain why hardcore christian senators who hate homosexuality ask for gay sex to undercover cops in airport bathrooms.


Ok, so you telling me homosexuality doesn't decrease the population? Does it it increase it, i don't think so! There's nothing wrong adopting but hmosexuality is a sin. Ever heard the story of Gordom and Sordom. And the new testament does mention it!
Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Do you research! Sexual sin is the only sin where we are sinning inside our bodies and since we are the temple of the Holy Spirit...we are sinning in the temple.


What there were a group of animal fuckers who say that its alright to mate with animals because of love or they were born to fuck animals? and are proud to be animal fuckers. They have marches teach its alright because its only a sin in the Bible?
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/22/10 , edited 6/22/10

DarnellA wrote:

Cruelest God there is? What about those Gods have human sacrifice or those Gods who have baby sacrifices.


Those gods were often malevolent and chaotic gods, and said sacrifices were thought to appease them. The Christian God is far worse. The disgusting bible that Christians love so much demands the death of homosexuals on one page, but demands incest and rape on the other.

The christian god demands that everyone on earth worship him and only him, then pretends that he invented free will. The christian god pretends that he loves everyone, but if you aren't one of his chosen you will be condemned to an eternity of suffering.

God punishes the iniquities of parents to the 3rd and 4th generation. If your grandparents did wrong by god, you'll be punished for it.

If you're a christian though, my comments are wasted. Christians are brainwashed into believing garbage. I went to a Christian school, and spent years at a church. It took a long time to get the brainwashing out of my system. You'd call it 'backsliding'. I'm almost prepared to call it 'elightenment', but I think that's just the old christian arrogance coming through again.

Edit: Unrelated, but please don't double post, you have the edit tool if you want to expand your comment.

Posted 6/22/10
There are already threads in Extended Discussion concerning this issue, another one doesn't need to be created.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.