First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
"If God(Jesus) Created Everything, Who Created God?" Is A Question Non-believeres Ask
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10
It amazes me that people are still amused enough by this old pointless debate to continue it. Maybe I'm one of the few who is no longer entertained by tossing the same handful of arguments at the same groups of people who don't want to listen. I say we let everyone have their own delusions and instead waste our time discussing things that have observable effects on our lives, which is usually politics.
75442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

Cuddlebuns wrote:

It amazes me that people are still amused enough by this old pointless debate to continue it. Maybe I'm one of the few who is no longer entertained by tossing the same handful of arguments at the same groups of people who don't want to listen. I say we let everyone have their own delusions and instead waste our time discussing things that have observable affects on our lives, which is usually politics.


Hear Hear, Amen, Hallelujah, and peanut butter.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

DomFortress wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


Oh pls... I think for myself. You don't think for yourself. You are allowing science to hold on. Why don't you go outside and enjoy life? Walk out and view nature. View everything... because I dont think you'll find the answer sitting down using the computer. Talk to religious people, debate with them, reason and use your mind. The Bible encourages people to use their minds. In fact, the Bible says that God created humans and endowed them with a mind so that they would use it. The Bible says that God will test the minds (as well as the hearts) of people. One of the most important prophecies to Christianity, the prophecy of the New Covenant, fulfilled in the coming of the Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth,describes the changes God does in both the heart and the mind of those who are transformed. The Bible says that those who do not believe do so, in part, because of deception in their minds. This deception leads to hostility to God and defiling of their minds and consciences. The mind is also very important in the life of a Christian. The Christian is encouraged to set his "mind on the things above. We are also encouraged to direct our "mind to know, to investigate, and to seek wisdom and an explanation.

And would you had done the same for yourself without reading it from the Bible? When you can't prove it otherwise when you're already a Christian yourself, while you can't justify your own actions without you first "open" up the Bible, as oppose of you just open your mind like you had a self-awareness in the first place. And there's not an ounce of academic science in my statement, when it's all my own opinion by me observing your statement. So keep your own opinion on science out of it, when it's got nothing to do with my own opinion on the contradiction in your own expression.

lol, you are wrong once again. ALL and each of us are born with a teacher (a person we learn from) At first I was an Atheist just like you, and I began to question life little by little. Life, death, life, death until the earth dies out? What?!!! Our tear of sadness won't be avenge? we are born into this planet to EITHER suffer(people in poverty) not experience it (aborted fetus) or live life (celebrities) Those who lived a bad life will end it that way?

Nature is too perfect. The world is such a beautiful place. The earth was created just for us, you medical herb, plant the heal your sickness, animals that listen to your command and has saved the life of millions, What's the point we all going to die? Until I heard the name God(Jesus). We are born with a curious mind... so I decided to read part of the new testtament KJV. Curiosity leads to using your mind, when u use your mind u use it to investigate, and to seek wisdom and an explanation to prove what the bible is saying. SO FAR what the bible has mention has happened, no doubt. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Do you truly seek him?
THERE IS ALWAYS A BEGINNING TO EVERYTHING, AND THAT IS GOD(JESUS)
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/23/10


Do you see me write that people believe in him because they fear death? No I didn't and I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that everyone needs something to support on in difficult times and so God was created by some people that needed some hope in their lives. Thát is what I'm saying.

About the homosexual thing; well guess what time we are living in right now. So what if it wasn't like that in the past? Of course it wasn't like that in the past because no men or female would EVER say he or she liked the same sex. So kinda logic that it wasn't happening in the past. It is now tho and God is the 'ruler' of the church or something. So that's what I'm saying. Because I find it hypocrit that the church say we love you all and God loves you all while people that are homosexual are litterally BANNED from their community because they are. I've seen documentaries about it and I just wanted to point it out, that's all.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/23/10
HONESTLY, LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT THE BIG BANG GAVE YOU SUCH A PERFECTLY GENERATED EARTH. XD

I'm just keeping it real
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


lol, you are wrong once again. ALL and each of us are born with a teacher (a person we learn from) At first I was an Atheist just like you, and I began to question life little by little. Life, death, life, death until the earth dies out? What?!!! Our tear of sadness won't be avenge? we are born into this planet to EITHER suffer(people in poverty) not experience it (aborted fetus) or live life (celebrities) Those who lived a bad life will end it that way?

Nature is too perfect. The world is such a beautiful place. The earth was created just for us, you medical herb, plant the heal your sickness, animals that listen to your command and has saved the life of millions, What's the point we all going to die? Until I heard the name God(Jesus). We are born with a curious mind... so I decided to read part of the new testatament KJV Curiosity leads to using your mind. And you have to prove what the bible is saying. SO FAR what the bible has mention has happened, no doubt. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Do you truly seek him?

I seek the power and strength from within myself, in order for me to fight and survive through my own self-empowerment. And the experience and wisdom I've gain from my own self-empowering I used it to empower others, in order for them to become my equal.

Therefore I don't have the same desire as someone who equally fear life's uncertainty and the inevitable death. While unjustifiable paranoia and unreasonable fear can be the undoing of individual human dignity. When those who are stricken with their own paranoia and fear in a bounden, they stop realizing their own undoings onto humanity.

You are still stricken with paranoia and fear, and you don't even know it. Otherwise you wouldn't even need a God, when you have the courage to live in your own conviction.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

DomFortress wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


lol, you are wrong once again. ALL and each of us are born with a teacher (a person we learn from) At first I was an Atheist just like you, and I began to question life little by little. Life, death, life, death until the earth dies out? What?!!! Our tear of sadness won't be avenge? we are born into this planet to EITHER suffer(people in poverty) not experience it (aborted fetus) or live life (celebrities) Those who lived a bad life will end it that way?

Nature is too perfect. The world is such a beautiful place. The earth was created just for us, you medical herb, plant the heal your sickness, animals that listen to your command and has saved the life of millions, What's the point we all going to die? Until I heard the name God(Jesus). We are born with a curious mind... so I decided to read part of the new testatament KJV Curiosity leads to using your mind. And you have to prove what the bible is saying. SO FAR what the bible has mention has happened, no doubt. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Do you truly seek him?

I seek the power and strength from within myself, in order for me to fight and survive through my own self-empowerment. And the experience and wisdom I've gain from my own self-empowering I used it to empower others, in order for them to become my equal.

Therefore I don't have the same desire as someone who equally fear life's uncertainty and the inevitable death. While unjustifiable paranoia and unreasonable fear can be the undoing of individual human dignity. When those who are stricken with their own paranoia and fear in a bounden, they stop realizing their own undoings onto humanity.

You are still stricken with paranoia and fear, and you don't even know it. Otherwise you wouldn't even need a God, when you have the courage to live in your own conviction.

Nope, I don't fear death. Why fear something that is already the norm in life?Anyhow, God specifically says in the bible to not fear death. If you are assuming I turn to God because of the fear of death, then that's when you are wrong. I turn to God because his existence is inevitable. Like I said, this earth is generated too perfectly for us human, because it was indeed created for us to rule.

Keeping it real once again
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 6/23/10 , edited 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

HONESTLY, LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT THE BIG BANG GAVE YOU SUCH A PERFECTLY GENERATED EARTH. XD

I'm just keeping it real


HONESTLY LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT A THING WHO HAS POWERS THAT ARE UNCOMPREHENSIBLE TO YOU APARENTLY WOULD GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU OR HUMANS. XD

Your all but keeping it real.
Posted 6/23/10
I found God in my heart once, and it was in the shape of an incurable cancer, except for the fact that I emancipated myself from that through my own will. Belief in gods always amounts to just how much people want to be thought of as special. Indeed, these believers are special, since their amazingly strange way of expressing how they feel and views of the world are so distinctly separate from the rest of the human populace. I wonder if God wanted to have a world full of mildly to severely insane people, or just had some cryptically poetic vision of what life and death are to be about. It is often said that we shouldn't trust our eyes, but when a weapon is raised against me, I trust in my natural instinct to defend myself against it.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

zombehs wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

HONESTLY, LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT THE BIG BANG GAVE YOU SUCH A PERFECTLY GENERATED EARTH. XD

I'm just keeping it real


HONESTLY LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT A THING WHO HAS POWERS THAT ARE UNCOMPREHENSIBLE TO YOU APARENTLY WOULD GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU OR HUMANS. XD

Your all but keeping it real.


Sush! you are just mad because God is the uncaused cause.
Posted 6/23/10

digs wrote:

God is beyond the need for a creator. All we know and have experiences is a finite universe that had a beginning. God created it and is above the need for a beginning. It is beyond our comprehension because it is beyond what we can conceive of/have experienced. God had no beginning and did not need to be created. The finite and our comprehension of creation was created by the One who is beyond all of it.


Beyond our comprehension. Not quite, since Christianity condemns people from comprehending anything. It is a matter of time before we find out what did it all. Human ingenuity is not restricted to how good you are at tricking people into believing absurdity.
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


zombehs wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

HONESTLY, LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT THE BIG BANG GAVE YOU SUCH A PERFECTLY GENERATED EARTH. XD

I'm just keeping it real


HONESTLY LMFAO. KEEP THINKING THAT A THING WHO HAS POWERS THAT ARE UNCOMPREHENSIBLE TO YOU APARENTLY WOULD GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU OR HUMANS. XD

Your all but keeping it real.


Sush! you are just mad because God is the uncaused cause.


You already said that in another thread. Think of something else. And why would an uncaused cause anger me. It'd interest me not piss me off.
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


Nope, I don't fear death. Why fear something that is already the norm in life?Anyhow, God specifically says in the bible to not fear death. If you are assuming I turn to God because of the fear of death, then that's when you are wrong. I turn to God because his existence is inevitable. Like I said, this earth is generated too perfectly for us human, because it was indeed created for us to rule.

Keeping it real once again
As individuals who think that they're so perfect, they're entitled to rule above all? Yeah, you really think that you are God Himself. And my own existence as someone who's beyond your religion's manipulation, is the living reality of your own imperfect ideology.
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

Genesis 1:24 Then God said "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the Earth after their kind; and it was so.
25 God made the beasts of the Earth after their kind and the cattle after their kind and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind and God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said "Let Us (trinity reference, not angels) make man in Our image according to our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth.

How can Atheists believe we evolved from apes? Apes is considered an animal, and God first created animals and THEN created men in his image.

That is why both Atheists and Christian disagree.


Cut the shit. We came from apes since chimpanzees have 98% of our genetics. We even look similar, or are you going to judge an ape for being smelly and dirty? And I have heard people give the credit that would go to scientists to God, which is one of the biggest insults in history.
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 6/23/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


lol, you are wrong once again. ALL and each of us are born with a teacher (a person we learn from) At first I was an Atheist just like you, and I began to question life little by little. Life, death, life, death until the earth dies out? What?!!! Our tear of sadness won't be avenge? we are born into this planet to EITHER suffer(people in poverty) not experience it (aborted fetus) or live life (celebrities) Those who lived a bad life will end it that way?

Nature is too perfect. The world is such a beautiful place. The earth was created just for us, you medical herb, plant the heal your sickness, animals that listen to your command and has saved the life of millions, What's the point we all going to die? Until I heard the name God(Jesus). We are born with a curious mind... so I decided to read part of the new testatament KJV Curiosity leads to using your mind. And you have to prove what the bible is saying. SO FAR what the bible has mention has happened, no doubt. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Do you truly seek him?

I seek the power and strength from within myself, in order for me to fight and survive through my own self-empowerment. And the experience and wisdom I've gain from my own self-empowering I used it to empower others, in order for them to become my equal.

Therefore I don't have the same desire as someone who equally fear life's uncertainty and the inevitable death. While unjustifiable paranoia and unreasonable fear can be the undoing of individual human dignity. When those who are stricken with their own paranoia and fear in a bounden, they stop realizing their own undoings onto humanity.

You are still stricken with paranoia and fear, and you don't even know it. Otherwise you wouldn't even need a God, when you have the courage to live in your own conviction.

Nope, I don't fear death. Why fear something that is already the norm in life?Anyhow, God specifically says in the bible to not fear death. If you are assuming I turn to God because of the fear of death, then that's when you are wrong. I turn to God because his existence is inevitable. Like I said, this earth is generated too perfectly for us human, because it was indeed created for us to rule.

Keeping it real once again


Egotistic human has been seen. It was created for us to rule? Oh really? Just like the dinosaurs?
We've been on this earth for a 100,000-200,000 years. This earth is 4.55 billion years old. When we are gone whether from us killing off ourselves or some other reason it won't matter because life will eventually flourish again. Just not us.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.