First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Oscars for anime
Posted 6/25/10
My episode is episode 271 from Bleach! It's the best episode I've seen and it deserves an Oscar because it's so well done in every aspect.
Rob88 
53088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
The only anime to get an oscar is Spirited Away. Howl's Moving Castle was nominated but lost to Wallace and Gromit.

The magazine Animage holds a yearly contest where the readers vote for their favourites show, voice actors and episode. I remember episode 7 of Fullmetal Alchemist winning best episode one year. That is one of the best episodes in my opinion.
Posted 6/25/10

Rob88 wrote:

The only anime to get an oscar is Spirited Away. Howl's Moving Castle was nominated but lost to Wallace and Gromit.

The magazine Animage holds a yearly contest where the readers vote for their favourites show, voice actors and episode. I remember episode 7 of Fullmetal Alchemist winning best episode one year. That is one of the best episodes in my opinion.


Spirited Away took a real Oscar? That's great.
but I'm interested more in what other people want.
42094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
And here we run in to a dilemma. For you see, MOST of anime is considered television shows. So they wouldn't receive Oscars, they would receive Emmy's or Golden Globes here in America. So things like the show you mention (Bleach) should naturally be nominated for a Golden Globe or Emmy. But I believe they don't yet have a category for animated things in the GG's. The Emmy's have an 'International' category, but I am not sure whether animated things are fairly considered in such a category.

Stuff like Miyazaki does really are sort of one-shot deals, which is why they are considered movies. And yes, 'Spirited Away' took home the Oscar for 'Best Animated Feature'. From Wikipedia: "The film received many awards, including the second Oscar ever awarded for Best Animated Feature, the first anime film to win an Academy Award, and the first (and so far only) non-English speaking animation to win. The film also won the Golden Bear at the 2002 Berlin International Film Festival (tied with Bloody Sunday)..." Personally, I think that one was really coming and it about damn time they recognized Miyazaki. He should have received one WELL before SA, but those damn "Academy Members"... I just... gragh! Don't even get me started on the totally corrupt politics of the Oscars.
Posted 6/25/10
Elfen lied gets my oscar
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
Monster is an award-winning anime for me.

Brilliant, thrilling and full of twists.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
Clannad ~After Story~
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / F
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
That's seriously stupid.
35974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 6/25/10
i think the disappearance of suzumiya haruhi should get one
for an actual anime...hhhmm...i just finished watching Angel Beats! so that's the only thing in my mind XP
Posted 6/27/10

SiriusHPfan wrote:

And here we run in to a dilemma. For you see, MOST of anime is considered television shows. So they wouldn't receive Oscars, they would receive Emmy's or Golden Globes here in America. So things like the show you mention (Bleach) should naturally be nominated for a Golden Globe or Emmy. But I believe they don't yet have a category for animated things in the GG's. The Emmy's have an 'International' category, but I am not sure whether animated things are fairly considered in such a category.

Stuff like Miyazaki does really are sort of one-shot deals, which is why they are considered movies. And yes, 'Spirited Away' took home the Oscar for 'Best Animated Feature'. From Wikipedia: "The film received many awards, including the second Oscar ever awarded for Best Animated Feature, the first anime film to win an Academy Award, and the first (and so far only) non-English speaking animation to win. The film also won the Golden Bear at the 2002 Berlin International Film Festival (tied with Bloody Sunday)..." Personally, I think that one was really coming and it about damn time they recognized Miyazaki. He should have received one WELL before SA, but those damn "Academy Members"... I just... gragh! Don't even get me started on the totally corrupt politics of the Oscars.


Hello dear. I'm interested in YOU! what is the episode for which YOU would give an Oscar. not something else.
Posted 6/28/10 , edited 6/28/10
I would give an oscar to aoi bungaku series ep 5-6 for keeping it twisted and funny
and code geass and tytania for strategic battles

for arts and music... hidamari sketch and nodame cantibile calms me down
14220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/28/10 , edited 6/28/10
I would say the whole Time of Eve series, because I think the animation, storyline, characters and everything really is so well done. Every part of the series fits so perfect together, I really enjoyed watching it!



I would also give an Oscar to Naruto Shippuden episode 166, I really think that the animation finally reached its height. Before I think the animation in Naruto Shippuden has been really dull, but the people who animated episode 166 really did a good job. The battle scenes between Pain and Hinata, were amazing and I'm happy that Hinata finally got to say how she felt, and really fight with her life at stake. So for me it was a really good episode.



I would also say the whole Soranowoto series for pretty much the same reason as the Time of Eve series.

330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/10
this thread is just like "what's your favorite anime"
makes no sense..
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 6/28/10

Romeo wrote:

this thread is just like "what's your favorite anime"
makes no sense..


Hehe yup
Posted 6/28/10 , edited 6/28/10

Romeo wrote:

this thread is just like "what's your favorite anime"
makes no sense..


well you can assume that most who post here favor their favorite anime(course you want you favorite anime to get one).. but i dont think most of them do... id slip my favorite anime tho..

i dont want to get into details... the rest of the anime that i posted are not even my favorite... i mean tytania?? and its annoying opening song really?? and code geass the only made a lasting impression for me is really the battle and thats all i can remember whenever is see code geass on forums... and hidamari sketch?? all girls with wide faces?? and not really much going on... it just gives me calming pace

but well yes... i guess you got the right to assume things
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.