First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Original Intent-
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/10

Allhailodin wrote:


orangeflute wrote:

I disagree with the whole 'Second Amendment' as a check on the government thing- the Founders were all affluent and rich, and absolutely detested the idea of the common people have any sort of power in our government, hence, while they did insure the common citizenry some rights, I doubt they would want some nation wide rebellion (like Shay's Rebellion or the Whiskey Rebellion) over some petty issue that the idiotic mass disagree with. Indeed, the government did not give most men the right to vote until much later, nor did they allow the direct election of senators until far after that era.


"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. " <- Gorge Washington.

Your wrong btw, the founders wanted a government for the people, by the people and of the people.

Where the fuck do you get all this incorrect information ?


They always shown a great disdain for the masses, evident in their construction of the government, a series of systems that would disallow for any progression, the fact that they actually put down these insurrection 'where the people fought against perceived government tyranny' (look up the Whiskey Rebellion, which Washington personally commanded, as an example), and denied, as mentioned many times before, denied many the right of participation in government (ie running for office and the right to vote) based upon the criteria of wealth, property requirement, race, and religion, essentially limiting democratic-republicanism to their small network.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 6/28/10
Pretty much yes, amendments can be added on to change the document. Other wise leave it alone
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 6/28/10

unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:

I don't think people give the founding father's enough credit. When the constitution was made, there was no wall street, there were way fewer lobbyists, and people were a lot smarter. We shouldn't really be messing with a pillar of the country while the country is still standing. You wouldn't mess with the main support beam of a huge building while the building it still relying on the pillar to keep it up would you?


I am glad somebody out there understand they did put allot into it. I wished slavery could have been taken care back then to. However, I think at that time American could have accepted as well. By the way, people were a republic not a democracy
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

tarakelly wrote:


unLUCKeCHARMS wrote:

I don't think people give the founding father's enough credit. When the constitution was made, there was no wall street, there were way fewer lobbyists, and people were a lot smarter. We shouldn't really be messing with a pillar of the country while the country is still standing. You wouldn't mess with the main support beam of a huge building while the building it still relying on the pillar to keep it up would you?


I am glad somebody out there understand they did put allot into it. I wished slavery could have been taken care back then to. However, I think at that time American could have accepted as well. By the way, people were a republic not a democracy


The U.S is both a republic and a democracy. The fact that it's a republic simply means that there is no monarch, and we are a representative democracy because we elect government officials to represent our interests, or at least that's how it's supposed to work. Democracies and republics are not mutually exclusive, it is possible for a government to be founded on both systems, and the U.S government clearly is.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
If somebody in Illinois did not try to buy a seat to the senate, the 17th amendment would have never would have past. Taken the state right and trashing them. Study up on the constitution, the 18th, amendment for taxes. I do like some of your post now. The found Fathers did not what a democracy the lead to self-destruction.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.