First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Hair removal in terms of ethnicity
14220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


What kind of wax do you use? I tried the Veet one, but it didn't take all the hairs.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
is this a girl's only topic?

cuz.. im a guy.. and back when i was little... i shaved my hair on my legs... cuz i saw my mom doing it...

and now i have sorta weird looking leg now...
its like theres barely none at the very top of the leg towards the knee or very bottom toward ankle..

but theres a patch growing in between. lol

is that cuz i shaved, or is it cuz its how it was to be?
37656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

fergie1229 wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


What kind of wax do you use? I tried the Veet one, but it didn't take all the hairs.


Not like creams, wax. Like straight up melted wax. XD
14220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

KookieKrazy wrote:


fergie1229 wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


What kind of wax do you use? I tried the Veet one, but it didn't take all the hairs.


Not like creams, wax. Like straight up melted wax. XD


Ok....?
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
Bleh I hate body hair.

I shave my legs, arms, underarms, and down there every day. Even if you can't even see the hair growing back, as long as I can feel it I shave it off. I also get rid of any peach fuz on my belly or upper lip, and I pluck my eyebrows.
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


Are you crazy? XD shaving with 2 blades takes forever, it also doesn't cut as good as 4 or 5 bladed razor, and besides, waxing is not for everyone, some people have sensitive skin for waxing they bleed from it....yeap they bleed
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

risen1st wrote:

is this a girl's only topic?

cuz.. im a guy.. and back when i was little... i shaved my hair on my legs... cuz i saw my mom doing it...

and now i have sorta weird looking leg now...
its like theres barely none at the very top of the leg towards the knee or very bottom toward ankle..

but theres a patch growing in between. lol

is that cuz i shaved, or is it cuz its how it was to be?


shaving doesn't change the way your leg is supposed to look lol XD
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

popcornpuffs wrote:


lalouse wrote:

Well, I shave my face, my chest, belly, legs and ass
I trim my pubic hair and trim my underarm hair =P


LMAO,I'm learning a lot. I'll search up the shampoo, I mean you are part middle eastern and so am I, and I have latina in me and they are just like those middle eastern people. I usually just put olive oil in my hair and wash my hair every 9 day, but try to maintain my hair as clean as possible and it been working. I also massage my scalp a lot, and even before I go to sleep I massage and sometime comb it . I also heard having a silk pillow case will allow your hair to grow long. A silk one...
Aishwarya Rai, you are a bollywood fanatic like me? BTW, the woman I put, Sushmita Sen won Aishwarya Rai for the miss universe title something like that mua hahaha


My my my we are talking about the hair lol
Anyways my favorite bollywood movie is Devdas, have you heard about it or maybe seen it? if no, then you SO need to see it...
silk pillow? I haven't heard of that one, maybe it's a myth XD By the way, massing the scalp won't help hair to grow lol, it will just feel good and help the blood to flow better in your head
8053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
i shave EVERYTHING, i don't like feeling hairy, it doesn't matter if im showing my legs or not, i don't like being prickly. when i shave and put lotion on, i feel soo smooth, i really like that feeling when i don't shave, i feel self conscious, so everything must come off. well except for the hair on my head, lol that can stay i don't have a mustache or a unibrow though, so i don't need to shave my upper lip or the space between my eyebrows and my eyebrows themselves are naturally shaped and not fluffy so i don't worry about those either.
37656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

lalouse wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


Are you crazy? XD shaving with 2 blades takes forever, it also doesn't cut as good as 4 or 5 bladed razor, and besides, waxing is not for everyone, some people have sensitive skin for waxing they bleed from it....yeap they bleed


No, if you go over your skin with a multiblade razor, you're more likely to get cut. I heard single blade ones ftw.

The silk pillow thing makes sure oils won't escape your hair.

And waxing? I'm not sure about that, but pros shouldn't have a problem with it.
Posted 6/29/10 , edited 6/29/10
I hate hair D: (which isn't on mah head ;O)
It has to go! As it makes me feel nicer / cleaner :3 Though some days its a bit of a mission to do your legs all the time D< ffffff

I'm lucky though and have like, thin blonde hair on my legs :3
1410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
im getting turned on...no really though a razor for everything
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / France
Offline
Posted 6/29/10

KookieKrazy wrote:


lalouse wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


Are you crazy? XD shaving with 2 blades takes forever, it also doesn't cut as good as 4 or 5 bladed razor, and besides, waxing is not for everyone, some people have sensitive skin for waxing they bleed from it....yeap they bleed


No, if you go over your skin with a multiblade razor, you're more likely to get cut. I heard single blade ones ftw.

The silk pillow thing makes sure oils won't escape your hair.

And waxing? I'm not sure about that, but pros shouldn't have a problem with it.


Actually, getting cut can also happen from 2 bladed razor don't press hard and you won't get cut, olive oil also helps reduce the cuts by 75%
as for waxing, even professionals make you bleed...my friend is one of them
65915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 6/29/10
Do not use a razor to your face! Please think you just cutting the hair while the follicle is below the skin the hair will get thicker as time goes on. If you have to pluck problem ingrown Hair if you been shaving for a while getter chance. If it that noticeable to others NOT YOU Because your your own worst critic. laser removal
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Plato's allegoric...
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
Nice thread (bit embarrassing though). I think ethnicity has nothing to do with my hair removal routine (both my parents are hairless wonders)

I only shave and pluck. The hair on my body is very fine so I don't really have to do much about it. I only have to shave the lower half of my leg cuz thigh hair is non-existent. Of course arm pits need to be shaved. I can't use most hair removing cream nor wax because my skin is so damn sensitive. I'm one of those people who bleeds when waxed

I'm gonna try that olive oil thing, sounds interesting. Usually (when not using shaving cream) I use hair conditioner to shave. It leaves skin very soft and with a nice natural looking sheen.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.