First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Hair removal in terms of ethnicity
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
I waxed my face, once, my logic was that if I ripped the entire hair out, it would have to completely grow back from scratch, and that would take a lot longer than normal. It was pretty smooth tho, but it hurt a lot, so I only did it once.
Posted 6/29/10
Electrolysis is something I want to try if I want to remove hair. Shaving and waxing just causes ingrown hairs and irritated skin from what I've seen. and ethnicity has nothing to do with this either.
22198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / F / Honolulu, HI
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
^_^ hmm...lets see i'm Filipino/Japanes... me don't have much to remove anywhere on me...except like you, BugginMary. me lower legs...still give me probs...thighs & pits=non-existent. i have to try that conditioner thing you mentioned lol ^_^ the olive oil i'm using but not much better than using just dove body wash. lol
900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The United States...
Offline
Posted 6/29/10
Gah! im german/french and i have lots of hair D: >_>;
I shave my legs and underarms!
i also shave my arms cuz the hair is REALLY dark and long and im pale so its gross :x
i have really noticeable hair on my back so im gonna get that lazer removed.
i do the trimmin and what not down in the privates XD
i wax my eyebrows and occasionally pluck them.
and i have little hairs on my tummy that i shave
sometimes i feel like chewbacca!xDhaha
3377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / iN yOuR hEaRt~♥
Offline
Posted 6/30/10
As for my ethnicity (Arab) it doesn't affect me at all,but instead it encourages people to take of their own body and be hygienic on our own
and because of my religion(Islam) stresses on the importance of cleanliness and take care of their of the body well, but of course there are necessary area's that should be shaved /plucked /waxed /bleached /cut hair.In general, the Qur'an advises Muslims to uphold high standards of physical hygiene and to be ritually clean whenever possible.
14220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/30/10
Thanks for all the nice replies. And of course guys can join too
4945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / France
Offline
Posted 6/30/10

zzzLadySerunazzz wrote:

Gah! im german/french and i have lots of hair D: >_>;
I shave my legs and underarms!
i also shave my arms cuz the hair is REALLY dark and long and im pale so its gross :x
i have really noticeable hair on my back so im gonna get that lazer removed.
i do the trimmin and what not down in the privates XD
i wax my eyebrows and occasionally pluck them.
and i have little hairs on my tummy that i shave
sometimes i feel like chewbacca!xDhaha


hahaha tell me about it! I feel the same! XD
But if you shave or wax on regular basis, it would get alot easier from time to time, because you won't have to deal with huge amounts of hair, and basically your hand just grows and gets used to the shaving, soon enough you'll be able to shave or wax in just few minutes and becomes a daily routine =)
25176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tucson, AZ
Offline
Posted 6/30/10
All those hairy italians, and thats'a me!
I trim my underarms and shave my face and chest.
900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The United States...
Offline
Posted 6/30/10

lalouse wrote:


zzzLadySerunazzz wrote:

Gah! im german/french and i have lots of hair D: >_>;
I shave my legs and underarms!
i also shave my arms cuz the hair is REALLY dark and long and im pale so its gross :x
i have really noticeable hair on my back so im gonna get that lazer removed.
i do the trimmin and what not down in the privates XD
i wax my eyebrows and occasionally pluck them.
and i have little hairs on my tummy that i shave
sometimes i feel like chewbacca!xDhaha


hahaha tell me about it! I feel the same! XD
But if you shave or wax on regular basis, it would get alot easier from time to time, because you won't have to deal with huge amounts of hair, and basically your hand just grows and gets used to the shaving, soon enough you'll be able to shave or wax in just few minutes and becomes a daily routine =)


haha i know, i know! but im to lazy to do it all the time xD
But ill get on the routine when im feeling not-so-lazy x]
Posted 6/30/10
Well im a girl,
pretty much.. Wax ''Arms,Legs,Pubic hair <~ yes that too , and armpits''
well thats all (:
2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Dubai
Offline
Posted 6/30/10

SkyRail- wrote:

Well im a girl,
pretty much.. Wax ''Arms,Legs,Pubic hair <~ yes that too , and armpits''
well thats all (:



ok this is wat i heard from my sis and my married cozin :-

Dont WAX ur pubic hair instead SHAVE it ~ turned out that the Prophet himself said so

cuz it's a very sensitive spot and might get affected so Shaving is much better though u might feel disgusted
2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Dubai
Offline
Posted 6/30/10

lalouse wrote:


KookieKrazy wrote:

haha, aren't you *not* supposed to use multi-blade razors?

I just wax, usually. I have dozens of beautician family members.


Are you crazy? XD shaving with 2 blades takes forever, it also doesn't cut as good as 4 or 5 bladed razor, and besides, waxing is not for everyone, some people have sensitive skin for waxing they bleed from it....yeap they bleed




but aint the 2 blades better than the 4 blade :- i heard that it doesnt make the hair grow as thick as when using the 4 blade razor
Posted 6/30/10

superfashion wrote:


SkyRail- wrote:

Well im a girl,
pretty much.. Wax ''Arms,Legs,Pubic hair <~ yes that too , and armpits''
well thats all (:



ok this is wat i heard from my sis and my married cozin :-

Dont WAX ur pubic hair instead SHAVE it ~ turned out that the Prophet himself said so

cuz it's a very sensitive spot and might get affected so Shaving is much better though u might feel disgusted


Really D: never knew, guys dont liek ti shaved though @[email protected] _l_ screw em!
2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Dubai
Offline
Posted 6/30/10

SkyRail- wrote:


superfashion wrote:


SkyRail- wrote:

Well im a girl,
pretty much.. Wax ''Arms,Legs,Pubic hair <~ yes that too , and armpits''
well thats all (:



ok this is wat i heard from my sis and my married cozin :-

Dont WAX ur pubic hair instead SHAVE it ~ turned out that the Prophet himself said so

cuz it's a very sensitive spot and might get affected so Shaving is much better though u might feel disgusted


Really D: never knew, guys dont liek ti shaved though @[email protected] _l_ screw em!


Haha well i gues its their problem then liking it shaved or waxed xD

hunn u should say to em :- Do u want me to let u taste the PAIN of waxing xD ?!

Selfish Bastards
Posted 6/30/10

fergie1229 wrote:

* If this is a duplicate, please delete*

****READ ME****

I'm asking all the female and male users here at Crunchyroll. Where do you have to shave/pluck/wax/bleach/cut hair on your body? And does your ethnicity affect how much hair you remove?

For me my ethnicity definetly affects me when it comes to hair removal. I'm Eurasian (more specifically half Norwegian and half Bengali) and because of that my skin is a very light brown and my hair is a very dark brown. So all the hair on my body is much more visible because of that.

Personally I pluck/cut/shave my eyebrows. I shave the hair on my upper lip (I don't have a mustache, but the hair there is just so damn visible). I shave my legs, my thighs and my underarms. And I'm still only 13.

I know this is a weird question, but I'm curious (=^_^=)


that makes total sense cause im indian born in america age 20 and i have same really light brown light hair but i only shave my legs arm pits ( im a guy so what) and my chest and my eyebrows for now soon im hoping to get laser surgery because of how much a hassle it is every week but to be honest it isnt as much as some people so i cant complain and my hair has been growing back slowly ever i started to shave it and im engaged so its really just a selfish ambition
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.