First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Impressions on Amagami SS
20222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/10
I agree that Morishima might be hated by many girls, but Hibiki, that girl who took the stack of books from Tachibana, is apparently her best friend. She looked displeased because Morishima didn't know this guy's name and yet asked him to carry books for her. But she didn't act the least bit hostile towards Morishima, more like a very close friend, one that's close enough to scold her.

I really don't like Morishima though, everything she's done so far irritates me. The only female characters I don't dislike are the class president and the childhood friend.

That shy girl at the cafeteria, the little sister, the clumsy girl, they're all very unlikable. But not as bad as Tachibana, the main character. He's so pathetic, it makes me want to slap him. So you got stood up on Christmas. That's supposedly enough to cause some kind of trauma to make him crawl inside a closet and hide? I bet he didn't even have the guts to confront that girl afterward and ask why she didn't show up.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/3/10

NoBreyner wrote:

Didn't the same easy girl infatuation thing happen to the extreme in School Days?

I liked the show, but I had a feeling he was NOT going to hit it off with Morishima. She's the perfect character for a school idol as she doesn't bother to learn names unless she plans to see them again, she's a tease to all males especially the ones she bothered to learn the names of, bit of an air head as she's distracted by the simplest things that catch her eye, and generally hated my most/all female students just for either being a tease; drawing the attention of all the boys and dropping them cold. Some evidence of the girl hate partially evidenced by the girl taking the stack of books from him looking rather displeased, and the attitude of his sister. I don't think his sister has a brother complex as she has probably heard rumors about Morishima that only the girls seem to hear, the guys don't understand what's up until they're rejected.

Just so I'm straight about this show. I am to forget the previous episode and treat the next episode as if the previous story didn't happen?

I also think the girl who didn't show up to the date two years earlier identity was omitted on purpose. We will either not find out who it was, or she will be outted some time this season. I'm looking forward to what happens next.


From what the synopsis told me, it gave me the impression that this show would have alternate realitys kinda like a dating sim game....not sure if Morishima is out of the picture now....if I recall correctly...the opening had 6 total girls...something around that number....so im guessing they will give 2 episodes to each girl or something
69987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
Maybe a happy and sad ending for each and we just witnessed the sad ending for that particular girl.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/8/10
Episode 2 was....well....I guess it was the same flow as episode 1 but.....Im starting to really get into this. The main character persisted and he got a reward for it. And I think even more now that the sister has a brother complex due to the next episodes title...."Jealousy".

But since the next episode seems to still be on this same arc. I have no idea how long each arc will be. Im guessing maybe 4 arcs with 3 episodes each? Or 3 arcs with 4 episodes each.

I gotta say....for a simple pure romance anime.....this is kinda interesting.
6308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
It most likely will be 6 arc with 4 episodes each. And yeah I agree with Mayu being a brocom. She just looks like the type. I'm beginning to like Morishima a little bit. She's really the classical definition of tsundere.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
'I don't know I got the feeling she was more into girls than guys.'
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/9/10 , edited 7/9/10
Oh its a 24 episode series? Totally thought it was like 13. Well thats good I suppose. And yea Morishima is....well shes definitely a character I havent really seen before. Shes so full of life and almost seems like a ditz.

Edit: Yea, when she kept talking about seeing girls in swimsuits....it made me question her sexuality......but then I figured she would chase after anything cute so.....plus she kissed the guy....but then again she said she did it because she thought his eyebrow was cute? (Wtf? lol)...but hey...if shes a tsundere I guess it makes sense. She definitely is a unique one
69987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
AAN says they have titles for 13 episodes, but that's not really a confirmation of the anime's length. Well, anywho the first three episodes are part of the Morishima Haruka Arc so we'll see how many eps to complete an arc. Who knows maybe the arc's length is determined by how easy it is to get the girl. If there's a little sister arc maybe it can be completed in 12 minutes of a 24 minute episode. She seems to realize her feelings for him quickly enough.
20222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/10

NoBreyner wrote:

AAN says they have titles for 13 episodes, but that's not really a confirmation of the anime's length. Well, anywho the first three episodes are part of the Morishima Haruka Arc so we'll see how many eps to complete an arc. Who knows maybe the arc's length is determined by how easy it is to get the girl. If there's a little sister arc maybe it can be completed in 12 minutes of a 24 minute episode. She seems to realize her feelings for him quickly enough.


Ahahaha, that's kinda mean. jk.

I think I can like Morishima-senpai a little more now. I'm glad I decided to watch the 2nd episode after all. This is not so bad.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/9/10

NoBreyner wrote:

AAN says they have titles for 13 episodes, but that's not really a confirmation of the anime's length. Well, anywho the first three episodes are part of the Morishima Haruka Arc so we'll see how many eps to complete an arc. Who knows maybe the arc's length is determined by how easy it is to get the girl. If there's a little sister arc maybe it can be completed in 12 minutes of a 24 minute episode. She seems to realize her feelings for him quickly enough.


I had to lol at the sister comment. That would be pretty funny to see actually. But yea hopefully we find out the length of the arcs next episode
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
I'm liking this so far. It's not hilarious and it certainly doesn't make me cry. I do get tired of all these spineless male leads (DAMN you Shinji Ikari!)

Morishima comes across to me as just a spirited girl who lives for what's before her eyes without thinking much of consequences. I think she's aware that she's not as perfect as all those that idolize her think and that's why she questions the motives of her suitors she (probably correctly) believes they've fallen not for her, but their delusion of her idol image.

I think many times she doesn't even realize she's being a tease. She seems to take a tomboyish pleasure in all sorts of activities.

despite her dumping the guy pretty much twice. I kinda like her. there's something fresh about her. even innocent.


69987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
hmmm.... That's being trickey in an interesting way. The first episode led us to believe that she's not that smart and just a tease. The second reveals more about her reasons for doing the things she does. I'll see the second episode in the morning. I know the third episode is still in the same arc maybe something about her will change and will accept him. Perhaps when all of the guys give up when rejected, but he doesn't give up on her and even learns about her getting far closer to the true her and she may relent.
1165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ATL, GA
Offline
Posted 7/9/10
suuucks
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/9/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm liking this so far. It's not hilarious and it certainly doesn't make me cry. I do get tired of all these spineless male leads (DAMN you Shinji Ikari!)

Morishima comes across to me as just a spirited girl who lives for what's before her eyes without thinking much of consequences. I think she's aware that she's not as perfect as all those that idolize her think and that's why she questions the motives of her suitors she (probably correctly) believes they've fallen not for her, but their delusion of her idol image.

I think many times she doesn't even realize she's being a tease. She seems to take a tomboyish pleasure in all sorts of activities.

despite her dumping the guy pretty much twice. I kinda like her. there's something fresh about her. even innocent.




I was trying to think of ways to describe Morishima, but I was having a hard time labeling her. She just seemed so different from all other females in animes.....and I mean that in a good way. But I liked how you described her. Shes very interesting to me
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/10/10

superluccix wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm liking this so far. It's not hilarious and it certainly doesn't make me cry. I do get tired of all these spineless male leads (DAMN you Shinji Ikari!)

Morishima comes across to me as just a spirited girl who lives for what's before her eyes without thinking much of consequences. I think she's aware that she's not as perfect as all those that idolize her think and that's why she questions the motives of her suitors she (probably correctly) believes they've fallen not for her, but their delusion of her idol image.

I think many times she doesn't even realize she's being a tease. She seems to take a tomboyish pleasure in all sorts of activities.

despite her dumping the guy pretty much twice. I kinda like her. there's something fresh about her. even innocent.




I was trying to think of ways to describe Morishima, but I was having a hard time labeling her. She just seemed so different from all other females in animes.....and I mean that in a good way. But I liked how you described her. Shes very interesting to me


I agree I like her. She's not easily fitted into an anime archetype and that's a good thing.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.