First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
I love you - Most overused and 'overrated' words?
32118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Savannah, GA
Offline
Posted 7/4/10
as far as teens go they either a) wana get some so they say that b) are confused as to what love is so they say it any way c) think that those words are a magical spell that makes a relationship a strong long lasting one or d) due to a limited vocabulary can express their feelings with anything else. as far as it being over rated in western culture words have all but lost meaning especially if it is not on paper promices and oaths are no longer as valued so neither is i love you hence why its become some what exceptable for young kids to use those words because there might be a chance of it being legit. and on top of that love is kinda hard to explain in simple terms so that just adds to the confusion i think. not to mention that the whole "like" or "like like" thing in middle school is retarded.
6689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth.
Offline
Posted 7/6/10

Hedbrant wrote:

It's overrated and overused, yes



Han-nee wrote:

Hmm in my opinion, I LUV U can juz b as an appreciation saying to d ppl dat we used to be w8.
I think if u wanna c if d guy/girl really luv u, it must b followed w8 (i would like to b ur life-pair) i'll b w8 u...
hahah well that's juz my opinion tho. lawl !


Stop typing lika a retard


owh ok. i'm sorry. here :

Hmm in my opinion, I love you can be just as an appreciation saying to the people that we used to be with.
I think if you wanna see if the guy/girl really loves you, it must be followed with (i would like to be your life-pair) or i'll be with you.
hahah well that's just my opinion though. LOL !
6689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth.
Offline
Posted 7/6/10 , edited 7/6/10

Oldthrashbar wrote:


Han-nee wrote:

Hmm in my opinion, I LUV U can juz b as an appreciation saying to d ppl dat we used to be w8.
I think if u wanna c if d guy/girl really luv u, it must b followed w8 (i would like to b ur life-pair) i'll b w8 u...
hahah well that's juz my opinion tho. lawl !


What did you say?... How hard is it to type real words? Takes a whole... 10 seconds longer?

Love sucks.


sorry, i was in a hurry back then (my mom called me). here:

Hmm in my opinion, I love you can be just as an appreciation saying to the people that we used to be with.
I think if you wanna see if the guy/girl really loves you, it must be followed with (i would like to be your life-pair) or i'll be with you.
hahah well that's just my opinion though. LOL !
30712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Where the Wild Th...
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
Never .

I believe that love is all around : )

Sure, if people are dating for a day it may sound silly, but I mean everyone has their own interpretation of love.

But, love comes in all forms.
66192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

Han-nee wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


Han-nee wrote:

Hmm in my opinion, I LUV U can juz b as an appreciation saying to d ppl dat we used to be w8.
I think if u wanna c if d guy/girl really luv u, it must b followed w8 (i would like to b ur life-pair) i'll b w8 u...
hahah well that's juz my opinion tho. lawl !


What did you say?... How hard is it to type real words? Takes a whole... 10 seconds longer?

Love sucks.


sorry, i was in a hurry back then (my mom called me). here:

Hmm in my opinion, I love you can be just as an appreciation saying to the people that we used to be with.
I think if you wanna see if the guy/girl really loves you, it must be followed with (i would like to be your life-pair) or i'll be with you.
hahah well that's just my opinion though. LOL !


Thanks, :P.
2258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Unknown Planet
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
"I love you" is surely a phrase that is overused by a lot of people. shame of it is that nowadays you can hardly tell when someone means it in the way you may want them to mean it. it can be very confusing. whenever I say it I usualy mean it in a family sense. however there is one exception and she knows who she is. its a shame realy.

anyway its kind of odd to me that most folk I know say it for almost EVERYthing that comes to their mind.
209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
well i think its overused. i hear kids who are like 12 saying that. im think can some one so young know such a big word? its crazy. and its some times overrated really depending on the matter.
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A rainy paradise...
Offline
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10
I think this is a flaw of our language, the word just loses its own meaning.

The greeks have 4 words for love, each word for a special circumstance.

Philia - Virtuous love. Love for your friends, family and community. The virtues of loyalty, equality and familiarity need to be a part of this love.
Eros - Intimate love. Love for your lover.
Storge - Love between family members.
Apage - True love, love that is deeper than intimate love or Eros.
703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
i agree, "i love you" are such cliched words in today's society
989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / =P Wherever!
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
Reading all this, I wholeheartedly agree. There are people in this society who take those words really lightly. Whenever I see those people saying "I love you," I just think, "If you say, I love you to 4 different people, then saying 'I love you' to your spouse would mean nothing. How would you spouse feel if they hear that you said 'I love you' to people other than him/her?" It's embarrassing and is asking for an argument.

Not only that, but there is this one channel of radio that plays these shallow love songs, ie: songs that say "I want to get drunk with you" "I want to get in the bed with you" or something like that. The melody may be catchy, the words may seem to match, but they only go so deep.

sanitos said it is a flaw in our language. I agree. The different types of roses, red, pink, yellow, and white, can also represent love (if speaking in a teenager sense). Yellow is for the friends, pink is for a crush, red is for passion, and white is for true love. That's what I gathered at least, correct me if I'm wrong. Many people just send red, and none dare send white. If a boyfriend or girlfriend dare send red, just dump them. You're only going to be with them for just a few more weeks, maybe months.
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10
It's funny, so many people use that phrase but either have no idea what it truly means or really don't even mean it.

I think there should be a few basic principles applied to the phrase "I love you"
-First off if your 11, 12, 13, etc, you have no idea what love is, grow up and experience the world before you start talking about love
-Second instead of saying you love someone, show it, put the effort to show it and it will mean a hell of a lot more in the long run
-Don't say it unless you mean it, saying it and then realizing a few days later you don't love the person...not the best feeling in the world, don't be pressured into saying something you are unsure of

The love guru has spoken...lol
18284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
I agree the phrase itself is overused by people who don't really understand actual love
12271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 7/8/10
Yea...I love you is overused.

The word is no longer special anymore. Anyhow, whether it's overrated or not. That I'm not sure.
14978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 7/8/10

MIraka wrote:

Reading all this, I wholeheartedly agree. There are people in this society who take those words really lightly. Whenever I see those people saying "I love you," I just think, "If you say, I love you to 4 different people, then saying 'I love you' to your spouse would mean nothing. How would you spouse feel if they hear that you said 'I love you' to people other than him/her?" It's embarrassing and is asking for an argument.

Not only that, but there is this one channel of radio that plays these shallow love songs, ie: songs that say "I want to get drunk with you" "I want to get in the bed with you" or something like that. The melody may be catchy, the words may seem to match, but they only go so deep.

sanitos said it is a flaw in our language. I agree. The different types of roses, red, pink, yellow, and white, can also represent love (if speaking in a teenager sense). Yellow is for the friends, pink is for a crush, red is for passion, and white is for true love. That's what I gathered at least, correct me if I'm wrong. Many people just send red, and none dare send white. If a boyfriend or girlfriend dare send red, just dump them. You're only going to be with them for just a few more weeks, maybe months.


WOW. You know that love :O
I didn't know the red rose meant that. I am never falling in love. People these days -.-
A lot of people don't know what those 3 words even mean!


Eternal_Devotion wrote:

It's funny, so many people use that phrase but either have no idea what it truly means or really don't even mean it.

I think there should be a few basic principles applied to the phrase "I love you"
-First off if your 11, 12, 13, etc, you have no idea what love is, grow up and experience the world before you start talking about love
-Second instead of saying you love someone, show it, put the effort to show it and it will mean a hell of a lot more in the long run
-Don't say it unless you mean it, saying it and then realizing a few days later you don't love the person...not the best feeling in the world, don't be pressured into saying something you are unsure of

The love guru has spoken...lol :P


AHAHAHAHAH Your advice is LOVE (ahahhaa but its good :D) :')


Ekusoshisuto wrote:

I agree the phrase itself is overused by people who don't really understand actual love


Agreed I guess a lot people these days are lonely.


carmensakura07 wrote:

Yea...I love you is overused.

The word is no longer special anymore. Anyhow, whether it's overrated or not. That I'm not sure.


Overused indeed. I don't know if its not special anymore. With the right people, who aren't hopeless romantics, I guess its the most beautiful thing ever.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/8/10
next time your lover tells you that he or she loves you say "I like you ;)"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.