First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Defining the Boundaries of Racism
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/15/10

angrierchick wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

The most hateful group of people I have ever met is blacks. Hell they do not like black from other parts of the world. I have never heard of this description until Atlanta. High yellow, Red bone, a blue black, light skink, dark skin and so forth, the resentment in these groups about other types is so wild it hard to believe. And the other races Hispanic Asian, and on get killed they say they deserved it the ones running small stores.


So you know, those evil black people, clearly it makes it okay to discriminate against them, right?


Tara is clumsy with words. but I think he's saying that it's not so black and white as people paint things. I don't think it's a matter of weather or not it's okay to discriminate it's noting that it groups that claim victimization discriminate as well.

for me The key factor is the power to harm via discrimination. and power today is still held mostly in the hands of Select, white, Males. doesn't make it anymore fun for me as one of the non-select when I get hated on for being 'whitey' or have my competence as a nurse questions simply becuase I have the wrong plumbing. But there is a DIFFERENCE between irritation, insult, and actual denial of rights.


65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 7/15/10 , edited 7/15/10

angrierchick wrote:


tarakelly wrote:

The most hateful group of people I have ever met is blacks. Hell they do not like black from other parts of the world. I have never heard of this description until Atlanta. High yellow, Red bone, a blue black, light skink, dark skin and so forth, the resentment in these groups about other types is so wild it hard to believe. And the other races Hispanic Asian, and on get killed they say they deserved it the ones running small stores.


So you know, those evil black people, clearly it makes it okay to discriminate against them, right?


No I do not discarnate against them but sometime a bad attitude will make their choice for them. I have gotten into some arguments over hiring minorities because I thought they were best chose. After finding a job I quiet this one place. But I can be, back handed predigest sometimes, I have cut Black and some Hispanics more slack then I would Caucasian or an Asian. I expect far more and when some of the other groups dose better than expected I glad it worked out. So I am a bigot in some ways with many cultures because I do not relate to them as well as others. That being human I am far from prefect and I do make bad choice sometimes.
1142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / PLACES
Offline
Posted 7/15/10 , edited 7/15/10

ShroomInferno wrote:


angrierchick wrote:

So you know, those evil black people, clearly it makes it okay to discriminate against them, right?


Does it? Maybe someone's trying to read between the lines a bit too much for their own good.


Last I recall, I wasn't addressing you.

I personally don't think that it's okay to make excuses on racism based on how 'nice' a group of people are towards you or anyone else. If you get that, good. If you don't, that's fine too.

Tara - Race doesn't equal culture. At all. Just because someone has a certain color skin doesn't automatically exempt them from being a part of a certain culture. I think the problem is that you already have low expectations for the Blacks and Latinos on your job, which leads you to cutting them some slack. That's the first problem is that your expectations of them are low simply because they're not White or Honorary White (Asian). Don't cut anyone slack on a job - have high expectations for everyone. Having low expectations for any group of people does you, nor them, any favors. If they can't do the job, they shouldn't work there. But work competency has little to do with skin color. I respect you at least for admitting that you are biased in favor of whites and Asians (much like 80% of this board - but most of them would never admit it), but knowing that, there are certainly things that you can do differently.

If you don't relate with one culture, that's fine. But culture is not determined by skin color.
Posted 7/15/10

angrierchick wrote:


Tara - Race doesn't equal culture. At all. Just because someone has a certain color skin doesn't automatically exempt them from being a part of a certain culture. I think the problem is that you already have low expectations for the Blacks and Latinos on your job, which leads you to cutting them some slack. That's the first problem is that your expectations of them are low simply because they're not White or Honorary White (Asian). Don't cut anyone slack on a job - have high expectations for everyone. Having low expectations for any group of people does you, nor them, any favors. If they can't do the job, they shouldn't work there. But work competency has little to do with skin color. I respect you at least for admitting that you are biased in favor of whites and Asians (much like 80% of this board - but most of them would never admit it), but knowing that, there are certainly things that you can do differently.

If you don't relate with one culture, that's fine. But culture is not determined by skin color.
Agreed, when the reality is that while racial and ethnic cultures are artificial concepts that can only be socialized into human individuals. Genetic variants and traits OTOH are biologically engineered by birth. And to think otherwise is very illogical and superstitious.
Posted 7/16/10 , edited 7/16/10


Finally, someone with some sense who realizes race doesn't determine personality. The OP is clearly making excuses and accusations based on his own biased opinion and a bunch of over-rated stereotypes. Racism should never be justified, it's illogical and only breeds hatred.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/16/10

LosingOrbit wrote:



Finally, someone with some sense who realizes race doesn't determine personality. The OP is clearly making excuses and accusations based on his own biased opinion and a bunch of over-rated stereotypes. Racism should never be justified, it's illogical and only breeds hatred.


yeah, but I was trying to say it diplomatically. and he does have a minor point. I HAVE seen the race card played in ways that cheapen it for those who have REALLY been victimised.

Posted 7/16/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:



Finally, someone with some sense who realizes race doesn't determine personality. The OP is clearly making excuses and accusations based on his own biased opinion and a bunch of over-rated stereotypes. Racism should never be justified, it's illogical and only breeds hatred.


yeah, but I was trying to say it diplomatically. and he does have a minor point. I HAVE seen the race card played in ways that cheapen it for those who have REALLY been victimised.



Of course some people use the race card. What they don't realize is that others don't hate them for their color, but because their personality probably sucks.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/16/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Of course some people use the race card. What they don't realize is that others don't hate them for their color, but because their personality probably sucks.


As I may have mentioned earlier in this very thread. Everyone's got a story as to why the rules don't apply to them but my favourite example of the race card came when I worked as a security guard.

The cry was:

"you're doing this to me because I'm a native"

It sounded particularly ironic to my ears because while my skin is too pale to earn me the epithet 'Apple' (red on the outside, white on the inside) I am a Metis (From the french, meaning 'half breed': a marginalised native group in Canada. We don't even get the benefits that come with being a 'Treaty Indian' )


My response?

"No I'm doing this because this is a hotel hallway. it's four a.m. The other guests here tonight paid for a good night's sleep, which they cannot get while you have a knock down drag out, beer bottle throwing fight in one of our hallways. Please Cease and Desist and go quietly back to your rooms or I'll have to have the police escort you off the property for trespass."

The desk clerk was listening in over the PA system (I didn't know they could DO that) and called the cops because she was affraid I was going to be beaten up as the multiple brawlers turned their attention to me and tried to pick a fight, she may have been right but it hadn't escalated to that by the time a couple of police men got there. It's funny how remaining calm and refusing to be provoked can get you out of a lot of things. ah the halcyon days of youth 20 years ago.






65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 7/17/10

angrierchick wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


angrierchick wrote:

So you know, those evil black people, clearly it makes it okay to discriminate against them, right?


Does it? Maybe someone's trying to read between the lines a bit too much for their own good.


Last I recall, I wasn't addressing you.

I personally don't think that it's okay to make excuses on racism based on how 'nice' a group of people are towards you or anyone else. If you get that, good. If you don't, that's fine too.

Tara - Race doesn't equal culture. At all. Just because someone has a certain color skin doesn't automatically exempt them from being a part of a certain culture. I think the problem is that you already have low expectations for the Blacks and Latinos on your job, which leads you to cutting them some slack. That's the first problem is that your expectations of them are low simply because they're not White or Honorary White (Asian). Don't cut anyone slack on a job - have high expectations for everyone. Having low expectations for any group of people does you, nor them, any favors. If they can't do the job, they shouldn't work there. But work competency has little to do with skin color. I respect you at least for admitting that you are biased in favor of whites and Asians (much like 80% of this board - but most of them would never admit it), but knowing that, there are certainly things that you can do differently.

If you don't relate with one culture, that's fine. But culture is not determined by skin color.


If I do not cut them more slack the others the first word is I am a racist and it not worth the headache. By the way tell that to the college if somebody can’t score well on SAT they should not be allowed in just because of collar. I have notice thru the years college educated people of all types have a lot more in common than non-educated people. The stereo types really come into play there. And up bring and cutler can play into the hiring of people. Different ethnic groups have different value systems it not a clear picture more shade of gray then black and white. I will not hire a practicing Muslim I do not agree with them and waste too much time praying to that black rock by the way is that not paganism?. by the way jump around alot not meaning to it just happens, a organised mind can be anal
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/17/10
Wow.... uh.. Dude.. you might want to edit that. I know I've gotten into debate with some of the Muslims here due to the message I think those in authority in islam are sending to the rest of us. But... wow... that's. Really ignorant.
1142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / PLACES
Offline
Posted 7/17/10 , edited 7/18/10


But from my understanding, in this thread, you are bigoted, particularly due to your beliefs about Muslims (who, BTW, do not worship idols, they worship what is in essence the same God as Christians) They wouldn't be saying anything that isn't untrue. They're simply saying something that would hurt your feelings.

I'm black - what if I were to tell you that I came out of my university with honors and that job offers are being down my door? Would you then say that I'm an anomaly?

What you don't know is that white students get accepted into universities in spite of SAT/ACT scores all of the time, particularly schools like Harvard and Yale. We call that legacy.
65911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 7/17/10 , edited 7/18/10

angrierchick wrote:


tarakelly wrote:


angrierchick wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


angrierchick wrote:

So you know, those evil black people, clearly it makes it okay to discriminate against them, right?


Does it? Maybe someone's trying to read between the lines a bit too much for their own good.


Last I recall, I wasn't addressing you.

I personally don't think that it's okay to make excuses on racism based on how 'nice' a group of people are towards you or anyone else. If you


If I do not cut them more slack the others the first word is I am a racist and it not worth the headache. By the way tell that to the college if somebody can’t score well on SAT they should not be allowed in just because of collar. I have notice thru the years college educated people of all types have a lot more in common than non-educated people. The stereo types really come into play there. And up bring and cutler can play into the hiring of people. Different ethnic groups have different value systems it not a clear picture more shade of gray then black and white. I will not hire a practicing Muslim I do not agree with them and waste too much time praying to that black rock by the way is that not paganism?. by the way jump around alot not meaning to it just happens, a organised mind can be anal


But from my understanding, in this thread, you are bigoted, particularly due to your beliefs about Muslims (who, BTW, do not worship idols, they worship what is in essence the same God as Christians) They wouldn't be saying anything that isn't untrue. They're simply saying something that would hurt your feelings.

I'm black - what if I were to tell you that I came out of my university with honors and that job offers are being down my door? Would you then say that I'm an anomaly?

What you don't know is that white students get accepted into universities in spite of SAT/ACT scores all of the time, particularly schools like Harvard and Yale. We call that legacy.


-----Go figure that you black I could have told you that from the get go. I really can’t stand Muslim the coward they use bomb and terror tactic. I stop doing Business with some they were pro 9-11. And when their personal life went to hell they blame the Jews for it. Talk about irrational hate filled people. Mica is where that black stone is correct and most of the Muslim holy book is a rip off from the Jewish and Christian faith. By the way tracing one blood line 9000 years back is a another load. Most people cannot go to ivy liege school cost is a major factor. I bet there are black students there because of SAT scores and there Parent can afford to pay the tuitions.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Remember this there are plenty of black million airs out there. I am also against the Death tax if they want to pass on what the created to their children so be, it. The government has taxed the money once, Doing it twice is criminal. I am on your side more than you know it even though I have attack by black men on several occasions. White or black if they dress like thug, I am armed and will not think twice once I pull it out, to shoot. So your an angry black female, that may have been slighted I do not know how or why. But Please do not let it eat at you anger can gut your life in many ways.------------------------- I know from my own life living with PTSD from the all most the beginning of life. Good Luck with your future and find peace of mind and be proud of what you have done so far. I never had that kind of money and just getting was not easy for me. And working to pay all my expenses no grant or loan but what I put into saving from the army.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.