First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Summer Simulcasts - Occult Academy & Tono to Issho
66532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Online
Posted 7/6/10

argetlam3 wrote:

while I do see what you're saying, it is still disappointing.of the anime being broadcasted on CR, the only ones not being shown on other easily accessed, safe sites ...


What Einhorn303 said ... you are talking about scumbag leech streaming sites, where if there is any ad revenue left over after they pay hosting costs, they pocket it themselves. They don't even stream the shows themselves, but instead upload them illegally to the big free streaming sites like MySpace. So somebody else produces the show, somebody else subtitles the show, somebody else streams the show, somebody else wrote the anime player they use (they mostly use the same open-source player when they can leech the feed directly instead of having to embed a player) and they pocket ad $$$ when people use their site.

Giant Killing is not on any other legal site, nor Occult Academy, nor the majority of the simulcasts. Demon Lord last season was shared with The Anime Network and Bleach and Naruto are shared with Viz on a week delay, the same time they are released for ad-streaming at Crunchy and as far as simulcasts, AFAICT, that's it. Some catalog titles are shared, some are exclusive as streams, but the alternatives to Crunchy for most simulcasts are just bloodsucker parasites who leech off of the Japanese anime companies.
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Oz
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
Both look great. Looking forward to watching them, especially Occult Academy.=D
kmkq8 
59785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / kuwait
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
so....I will still only watch naruto?
18477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Maryland, USA
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

Kira0309 wrote:

Tono to Issho = Gintama spin off


.___. More like Gintama RIP off. That was just horrible. Instead of learning a bit of Japanese history the fun way (like how I started reading a bit more about the real stuff with world history through Gintama and Hetalia), I just went "WTF?"
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

argetlam3 wrote:

i am severely disappointed!seriously?! out of all the new summer anime, we get two?! i hope these arent't the only ones because then the only show that i'll be watching and only able to get on crunchyroll will be fairy tail. If crunchyroll doesn't want to lose a lot of new and old business, we're going to need to see a few more than two new anime to replace the many that are ending.


you get two because that is all you deserve
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10

agila61 wrote:


argetlam3 wrote:

while I do see what you're saying, it is still disappointing.of the anime being broadcasted on CR, the only ones not being shown on other easily accessed, safe sites ...


What Einhorn303 said ... you are talking about scumbag leech streaming sites, where if there is any ad revenue left over after they pay hosting costs, they pocket it themselves. They don't even stream the shows themselves, but instead upload them illegally to the big free streaming sites like MySpace. So somebody else produces the show, somebody else subtitles the show, somebody else streams the show, somebody else wrote the anime player they use (they mostly use the same open-source player when they can leech the feed directly instead of having to embed a player) and they pocket ad $$$ when people use their site.

Giant Killing is not on any other legal site, nor Occult Academy, nor the majority of the simulcasts. Demon Lord last season was shared with The Anime Network and Bleach and Naruto are shared with Viz on a week delay, the same time they are released for ad-streaming at Crunchy and as far as simulcasts, AFAICT, that's it. Some catalog titles are shared, some are exclusive as streams, but the alternatives to Crunchy for most simulcasts are just bloodsucker parasites who leech off of the Japanese anime companies.


I <3 you crunchytards you all seem to forget that crunchyroll was one of those "scumbag leech streaming sights" until the start of last year and you want to talk about being greedy CR even after receiving 4.5 mil in venture capital from Venrock was still allowing unauthorized distribution of anime until they went to there current buisness model at the start of last year.
126334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

baka_karasu wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:

Tono to Issho = Gintama spin off


.___. More like Gintama RIP off. That was just horrible. Instead of learning a bit of Japanese history the fun way (like how I started reading a bit more about the real stuff with world history through Gintama and Hetalia), I just went "WTF?"


ah thank you that was the word I was trying to go for ^_^ agree~
66532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Online
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10

mugensama wrote:

I <3 you crunchytards you all seem to forget that crunchyroll was one of those "scumbag leech streaming sights" until the start of last year and you want to talk about being greedy CR even after receiving 4.5 mil in venture capital from Venrock was still allowing unauthorized distribution of anime until they went to there current buisness model at the start of last year.


I <3 you excuse makers: what Crunchy did in 2006, 2007 and 2008 excuses what you do today. Its magic, that excuse, its got infinite elasticity.

Yes, when Crunchyroll was hosting their own streams on the "honor system" and playing the takedown dance, they were indeed nearly as bad as the scumbag bloodsucker leech sites. And then Crunchyroll worked out a way to go legit, and went legit.

And now over half of Crunchyroll's revenue goes to support the rights owner. As opposed to $0.00/view, which multiplies up to $0.00/series, for the bloodsucker scumbag leech streaming site.







57861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Twin Cities
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

agila61 wrote:


ChadKumada wrote:

... they got them too late last season and I didn't even realize they were going to go for two seasons until just now so i didn't think there'd be any point to trying to catch up (Giant Killing, Lilpri) ....


Giant Killing is a show where if you can watch one episode in a sitting you can easily watch three or four episodes at a sitting. So watch three or four each Sunday arvo, like watching a disk from Netflix, and you'll be caught up before season 2 is half over. Or else watch the first three, and you'll know you don't want to catch up to it anyway.


Good point. That might be worth doing at this point. I did watch a couple of them, and they were good.
178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Redmond Or.
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
the first episode of occult academy is really good! i am looking forward to more episodes!
58181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Online
Posted 7/8/10
For "Tono to Issho" You should put in the description for each some sassy hint like for the first one

Because its get such bad reviews just because people aren't patience enough to watch it the 5 times it took me to understand the joke lol
Posted 7/10/10
Occult Academy looks awesome! Will so be adding this one to my watchlist! ^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.