First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
People should have an IQ of atleast 100 to do certain things?
15956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wilmington NC
Offline
Posted 7/5/10 , edited 7/14/10
Knowledge is the key in any endeavor. This is why we should implement my plan to have people take some sort of intelligence test to allow them to breed(I know that genetics does not always determine ones intelligence), have a drivers license, and vote. I believe that this plan will thin out the population of man kind. It will also make people strive to achieve even the most basic of rights. This will further man kind as well. Imagine a world with only people that are intelligent. This will push human kind even futher, we will invent more, understand the earth more and maybe even become something else entirely.

I know that most would disagree with me, but the people that do not meet the standard intelligence requirement need to be phased out. We can not base our way of thinking on race, but on one's intelligence and actions. This would be the start of a new world, a better world and a world were great things take place.

I understand that this will not get rid of criminals, but most criminals are not intelligent so it will get rid of some. The reason that most people commit crimes is because they are weak minded and are not intelligent enough to have get a decent job. Most of these people deserve nothing more than death and may find it soon enough if they do not watch out.

If I get the chance one day I will implement this plan. I will go to the university of Chapel Hill to get my masters then the FBI. If I ever have enough power you can bet on it that I will make this happen. I will force all to atleast graduate from high school or they will be band form the country. This is one of my dreams. The other must be pretty obvious. Can you guess? It is to capture and bring serial killers and rapist to justice. They are the most disgusting creatures on the plant and all that cross my path will face justice!
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/5/10
There are many idiots in the world with normal or even high IQs they just don't use them.

IQ only measure one kind of 'intelligence'. Intelligence or wisdom actually covers a wide spectrum of skills and abilities. Some smart people do not have the common sense to get out of the rain. and perhaps because they have to keep it simple to function at all, some not so 'smart' people are very compentent at life.

I think we need an education system where teachers are not rendered powerless. One where achievement not empty self-affirmation is rewarded.

Another thing you could do is shoot all the lawyers. I think if people were held accountable for their own actions the truly dumb would naturally weed themselves. out...

Let your dumb visit or emmigrate to other countries. just post 'enter at own risk' signs and HOPE they do something stupid.

I'm probably overstating my case. I'm sure I'm no where as humourous and witty at 0300 hours as I think I am.

15956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wilmington NC
Offline
Posted 7/5/10
I still think that my original argument is still a valid one. I agree with myself and you if that makes sense.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/5/10 , edited 7/5/10
lol I'm pretty sure I'm above 100 IQ so don't hate me hater

as for polyphasic sleep, I keep trying it but i can't fall asleep after waking up from an 8 hours sleep.

Pros and Cons on IQ req.

If there's an IQ limit, there would probably more jobs available for smart people, more bums on the street, more criminals on the loose.

1.) You can't take freedom from Nature. Though most hierarchy before breed with their own family (incest) and... aliens appeared ( you know what I mean)

For voting, I don't think you need IQ for that. Election is like a lottery. There's too much promises made to people, but only luck will save people from voting the wrong president. As for Obama, he only won because of Sarah Pallin. Because If McCain gets shot (and probably will), Pallin will be the next president LOL~ ---------- end of polishitz

Idiots and uneducated are two different kind . The idiots that you are talking about are those people who aren't properly educated. Idiots like me are those guys who'd do crazy shit and stuff for fun and entertainment.

and for the last one..... come on - most whites (Americans) are bashed because of the stupid things they do, but most of them are actually British and French

I hope people with 100+ IQ average should not be allowed to hate or we'll end up like OP.
xzo 
8549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
Your post is incredibly inconsiderate and for someone that supposebly has an IQ of 141 you clearly dont understand how the world works economicaly and socially, not only that you dont take into consideration factors such as people that have a stroke or elderly and so fourth. Maybe you should rethink what you just wrote. It's people like you that give America a bad name with your stupidity and lack of understanding.
55161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 7/6/10 , edited 7/6/10
McCain suffer from PTSD the scares of this never really disappears and will play in his judgment. Even as a war hero makes for hot-tempered irrational thinking person. some of his bills where to naive and his wanting to compromise. Making peace fast and moving forward, left the campaign funding legislation a wreck. For me Palliin had nothing to do with his lost to Obama there were better candidates in the Republican Party then McCain. There not a day that goes by that I cannot feel it somewhat some days are crippling to me. =========== As for IQ, alone that argument needs allot of work. Emotional stability for one you be f-in Guineas and never leave home. To contradict myself, why just I.Q. of a 100, that dull normal at best I would go at least 120 or even higher. Home owner company owners military service credit score I would put over I.Q. alone this show some ability for stability.
55161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 7/6/10
look up
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
I.Q. is a very theoretical thing, as papagolfwhiskey implied. If you wish to build a meritocratic society, fine, I'm with you, but merit should be measured in a practical way. What is within your capacity? What can you perform? How can you make improvements? How can you contribute? An autistic kid with an I.Q. of 200 who just sits around drooling and an imbecile with a single digit I.Q. who can't tell his knob and his thumb apart are equally useless from a societal perspective. Plus, again, as papagolfwhiskey said before, there are attributes that can be far more important than I.Q. expressed as a number. Memory, mental stability, critical thinking, charisma, healthy scepticism, spine. Admittedly, I.Q. is important as it affects so many of our attributes, but it is not, of itself, conclusive evidence of capacity. The I.Q. requirements would work to allow incompetent people to pass the filter and certain competent individuals not to pass it, apart from filtering a small number of incompetent people.

I would rather see an academic assessment of the candidates for important intellectual positions with great responsibility. And I don't mean academics determining whether the candidate's ideas are right or wrong, but whether he understands what he is suggesting.
Posted 7/6/10
People with higher IQs do irrational things just as much as someone with an average or below average IQ. If you're so intelligent as you claim, than how about using your knowledge to actually help people. I think it's incredibly inconsiderate.
15956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wilmington NC
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
I am going to college for criminology. Basically after that I will join a special task force that strictly works to catch serial killers. Of course I am not entirely sure that I will get the job, but that is what will happen if everything goes according to plan. I still have another three to five years in college though.

As for the post from XZO. There is no lack of understanding I just have a different way of thinking thats all. Maybe an IQ test would'nt be the right thing, but something more like what DerfelCadarn said. Anyways I am not saying that I hate these people I am just saying to obtain certian responsibilities in this world you need to be some what intellegent. Plus I was being very lenient with only making the IQ requirements 100 instead of higher.
Posted 7/6/10 , edited 7/6/10
At least an IQ of 100? IQ is not enough, in fact obtaining higher marks in an IQ exam can be learned. People can even practice obtaining higher IQ marks. IQ is not reliable. Also skills can be learned, why look for intelligent looking people who are only good at getting good marks at paper when in real life they are most likely to fail?
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
IQ doesn't matter for anything. It's an unaccurate guess at ones intelligence. Having high IQ doesn't mean you'll succeed in life. Hell I have an IQ of 130-140 and there are lots of people smarter then me at my school. Your personality matters much more to success in life then your IQ ever will. Also just because you have a high IQ doesn't mean your smart, which is a gay stereotype that thanks to it I get hounded by people either for help or for bitching about why I don't do good.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/6/10

Pacarus wrote:

I still think that my original argument is still a valid one. I agree with myself and you if that makes sense.


I don't. IQ is meaningless as a general indicator of social worth or responsibility. you sound like an snobby advocate of eugenics and social darwinism when you propose something like that.

Is western society going downhill? I tend to think so. but I'm a middle aged curmudgeon cursing about the damn kids on my lawn.


1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching everything
Offline
Posted 7/6/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Pacarus wrote:

I still think that my original argument is still a valid one. I agree with myself and you if that makes sense.


I don't. IQ is meaningless as a general indicator of social worth or responsibility. you sound like an snobby advocate of eugenics and social darwinism when you propose something like that.

Is western society going downhill? I tend to think so. but I'm a middle aged curmudgeon cursing about the damn kids on my lawn.




Yes western society is going downhill. Society in general is going downhill. This generation is going to hell though. And I have a solution to your kid problem. Get a fence. With spikes on top.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/6/10

zombehs wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Pacarus wrote:

I still think that my original argument is still a valid one. I agree with myself and you if that makes sense.


I don't. IQ is meaningless as a general indicator of social worth or responsibility. you sound like an snobby advocate of eugenics and social darwinism when you propose something like that.

Is western society going downhill? I tend to think so. but I'm a middle aged curmudgeon cursing about the damn kids on my lawn.




Yes western society is going downhill. Society in general is going downhill. This generation is going to hell though. And I have a solution to your kid problem. Get a fence. With spikes on top.


That was metaphorical, The lawn that is, I'm single and live in an apartment. I just remember that the things I say about teenagers and twenty somethings remind me starkly of what the previous generation said about mine.

back to the OP.

I love it it instead of an IQ test for various life activities we had computer monitoring that would cut off people's access to the internet when they started willfully abusing the Queen's English.

(ie 'R U a N00b? = zot!)


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.