First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
[2010-07-06] New Series Page design
Administrator
shinji 
162104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
We've updated the series page! Please let me know what you think.

Other things we're working on:
- better Favorites page
- new video page design
- better descriptions for series
- better images for series (cast/characters)
- lots of other small things
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/6/10 , edited 7/6/10
It's absolutely terrible. Looks completely unorganized and unprofessional, especially the location of "other popular titles"... I'm all for the better descriptions and images, and even the favorites page, but the layout would be much better in the old way.
Posted 7/6/10
I like it, looks more clean and organized to me.
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 7/6/10
what the crap happened to the player? It's not full screen anymore even when I blow it up to full screen, wtf is this? There's black bars on the side even on widescreen videos.
Administrator
shinji 
162104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

Zhemos88 wrote:

what the crap happened to the player? It's not full screen anymore even when I blow it up to full screen, wtf is this? There's black bars on the side even on widescreen videos.

eh that's probably a bug. will look into it -_-
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10
also what happened to the episode order? It's freaking annoying. it's backwards, put it back the way it was or give us a option.
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/7/10

Zhemos88 wrote:

what the crap happened to the player? It's not full screen anymore even when I blow it up to full screen, wtf is this? There's black bars on the side even on widescreen videos.


As a temporary solution, right click and choose "enable subtitle smoothing". That makes it look much better anyway imo.
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

llamaben wrote:


Zhemos88 wrote:

what the crap happened to the player? It's not full screen anymore even when I blow it up to full screen, wtf is this? There's black bars on the side even on widescreen videos.


As a temporary solution, right click and choose "enable subtitle smoothing". That makes it look much better anyway imo.


Does absolutely nothing. I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my HDTV while watching anime on CR, ever since they tweaked(screwed crap up) I can't watch anything in widescreen anymore. If this crap doesn't get fixed i'll cancel my account and go back to downloading fansubs, It's terrible looking atm.
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/7/10

Zhemos88 wrote:


llamaben wrote:


Zhemos88 wrote:

what the crap happened to the player? It's not full screen anymore even when I blow it up to full screen, wtf is this? There's black bars on the side even on widescreen videos.


As a temporary solution, right click and choose "enable subtitle smoothing". That makes it look much better anyway imo.


Does absolutely nothing. I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my HDTV while watching anime on CR, ever since they tweaked(screwed crap up) I can't watch anything in widescreen anymore. If this crap doesn't get fixed i'll cancel my account and go back to downloading fansubs, It's terrible looking atm.


I'm not sure if this is the same with you or not, but for me it took 3 clicks for me to actually enable it (when its enabled if you click again you should see disable). That also didn't happen until this change...
Administrator
shinji 
162104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
Sorry guys! As a temporary workaround, the "enable subtitle smoothing" will minimize the problem, since the control bar is thinner. This problem will be fixed tomorrow.
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 7/7/10
Well I got it working, basically you gotta pause the video. enable subtitles smoothing, blow it up and then disable it. Annoying, but will work for now.

How about that episode order option Shinji?
Posted 7/7/10

Zhemos88 wrote:


Does absolutely nothing. I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my HDTV while watching anime on CR, ever since they tweaked(screwed crap up) I can't watch anything in widescreen anymore. If this crap doesn't get fixed i'll cancel my account and go back to downloading fansubs, It's terrible looking atm.



ahhhhh!!! such a drama queen, stop complaining man...
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/7/10

Zhemos88 wrote:

Well I got it working, basically you gotta pause the video. enable subtitles smoothing, blow it up and then disable it. Annoying, but will work for now.

How about that episode order option Shinji?


I think that for ongoing animes it's reverse order, and for catalog titles its normal order. The reverse order is almost a must of simulcasts, so I can see the point in having it like it, but having it in normal order is definitely better for people catching up on series.

In order words, I personally dislike the idea of having to have either one or the other, even if we have the option to chose which one. The old styling catered for both types of users, and looked much better...
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 7/7/10

p3lover wrote:


Zhemos88 wrote:


Does absolutely nothing. I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my HDTV while watching anime on CR, ever since they tweaked(screwed crap up) I can't watch anything in widescreen anymore. If this crap doesn't get fixed i'll cancel my account and go back to downloading fansubs, It's terrible looking atm.



ahhhhh!!! such a drama queen, stop complaining man...


I pay monthly for the premium membership, and I when I decide to watch anime on CR, I want it to work properly.

Go kiss ass somewhere else.
66565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 7/7/10 , edited 7/7/10
I don't like the change. It resembles hulu a lot now.

the merchandise tab is nice though

-moose
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.