First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
"Mini-mods" or "Wanna-be mods"
Posted 1/5/08
~ Are "Mini mods" evil? no because they're helping.. T^T''
~ Are they actually helpful at all? mmm i guess soo
~ Why would anyone hate mini mods? because they're not mods? XD and they're like wanna-be..
~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why? no i dont care..
15332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
Are "Mini mods" evil?
not really

~ Are they actually helpful at all?
yea sometimes

~ Why would anyone hate mini mods?
dunno maybe cuz they dont want ppl to report their thread

~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why?
hmm like?i do it sometimes lol
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 1/5/08

BillyG2093 wrote:

I personally think this thread has to be locked... it has the potential to become a hate thread for people like me who help enforce the RULES here

No worries ^^ I think I'll let it go until it becomes a problem, plus the creator asked me permission before hand because she thought the same thing eek!

~ Are "Mini mods" evil?
No way, most of them are really nice, it just depends on the "mini mods" style of "mini modding" XD

~ Are they actually helpful at all?
Definitely! It might seem like a small thing to post the original of a duplicate thread, but think of the time it takes to find 1 original and multiply it by about 30+ yeah =/ That's a lot of obnoxious forum searching. Even if you don't find the original and just report the duplicate, like someone else said it helps bring it to our attention instead of us having to comb every page for duplicates, and even then we can't remember EVERY thread made so sometimes things are duplicates and we don't realize etc. They're helpful with double posts and inappropriate posts too, because we obviously cannot read every new post =).

~ Why would anyone hate mini mods?
Lots of people view them as "tattle-tales" or "teacher's pets" which is kind of silly. I don't think people help out to get recognition, they just care about the forums like the mods do and so they try and do the right thing.

~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why?
Overall I love them. There's a couple more... aggressive mini-mods that need to tone it down and be a bit more respectful, but if I had a choice between no mini-mods and some good/some bad mini-mods, I'd definitely keep them!
4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
I am not a mini mod but yes, they are helpful since they are posting the links for mods. I guess people just hate mini mods because they ruin their fun but I'm okay with mini mods.
Posted 1/5/08

Do0mAid wrote:


BillyG2093 wrote:

I personally think this thread has to be locked... it has the potential to become a hate thread for people like me who help enforce the RULES here

No worries ^^ I think I'll let it go until it becomes a problem, plus the creator asked me permission before hand because she thought the same thing eek!

~ Are "Mini mods" evil?
No way, most of them are really nice, it just depends on the "mini mods" style of "mini modding" XD

~ Are they actually helpful at all?
Definitely! It might seem like a small thing to post the original of a duplicate thread, but think of the time it takes to find 1 original and multiply it by about 30+ yeah =/ Thanks a lot of obnoxious forum searching. Even if you don't find the original and just report the duplicate, like someone else said it helps bring it to our attention instead of us having to comb every page for duplicates, and even then we can't remember EVERY thread made so sometimes things are duplicates and we don't realize etc. They're helpful with double posts and inappropriate posts too, because we obviously cannot read every new post =).

~ Why would anyone hate mini mods?
Lots of people view them as "tattle-tales" or "teacher's pets" which is kind of silly. I don't think people help out to get recognition, they just care about the forums like the mods do and so they try and do the right thing.

~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why?
Overall I love them. There's a couple more... aggressive mini-mods that need to tone it down and be a bit more respectful, but if I had a choice between no mini-mods and some good/some bad mini-mods, I'd definitely keep them!



You are SO talking about me on the last one >.<
577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
Ah Mini-Mods are helpful to make themselves look good most of the times because from human forum-er > Mini Mod > Cocky pet.
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 1/5/08

BillyG2093 wrote:


Do0mAid wrote:


BillyG2093 wrote:

I personally think this thread has to be locked... it has the potential to become a hate thread for people like me who help enforce the RULES here

No worries ^^ I think I'll let it go until it becomes a problem, plus the creator asked me permission before hand because she thought the same thing eek!

~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why?
Overall I love them. There's a couple more... aggressive mini-mods that need to tone it down and be a bit more respectful, but if I had a choice between no mini-mods and some good/some bad mini-mods, I'd definitely keep them!



You are SO talking about me on the last one >.<

Not just you, but you're one of them ^^;! So take this as a request to be a bit nicer =) That reminds me I meant to respond to someone else on this thread...


johnsever wrote:

Mini mods.. if that's what you call, are generally helpful, but what irks the real mods are those who give warning to those inappropriate treads and then they don't type ~reported, others may think that it is just a warning and did not report the tread to the mods... and others will eventually report it again.. thus making the report doubled and sometimes tripled, which in turn makes more jobs for the mods to clear..

I often makes scandalous quarrel to those who don't read rules and just keep on posting and posting for the sake of CR points.. and i often call them "low life creature" which makes Do0mAid gives me a warning to be nice.. lol

this is the letter of Do0mAid to me
Hi this is a forum mod. I know some users can be annoying and get on your nerves, but try not to be rude. It'll just wind up getting you in trouble or temporarily banned, and usually makes more work for mods when we have to delete the posts. So do us a favor and stick to "nice" =P.

After I sent you that PM I haven't seen anyone else report your posts ^_^! I really appreciate you listening to what I said. It reminds me that sometimes my PMs really DO get through to people. The first time I saw you post a link to an original thread on a duplicate I was like "OMG YES!" XD. So even if it's annoying having to be "nice" I was really excited ^^.

954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA.
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
~ Are "Mini mods" evil?

If the guy is one of those people that constantly posts duplicate threads then yes they can be evil at those exact times. Other than that, if I'm the one doing it, I just say...

Duplicate Thread Here
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showforumtopic?id=64617

Reported.

If they start blatantly flaming(unless they deserve it) then its wrong for them to be doing it.

~ Are they actually helpful at all?

Yes. It gets the thread locked faster. :P

~ Why would anyone hate mini mods?

Some of them are really big assholes. All the need to do is post a link to the duplicate thread and say reported. If it's already been done then don't say anything further. Unless the thread starter really deserves a flaming for stupidity.

~ Do you hate/like mini mods? Why?

I like them. They really try to make this Sh**hole a better place.
Posted 1/5/08
It looks like they are just sucking up a lot of the time. It kind of irks me, but I don't 'hate' them for it.
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

Apothem wrote:
If they start blatantly flaming(unless they deserve it) then its wrong for them to be doing it.


No one ever "deserves" flaming. Unless you're defending yourself, there's no reason to be rude. Even if you ARE defending yourself, you can defend yourself and be mature about it.

5197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08
They are trying to help out. Yes they are. But they aren't really always nice about it either and let the mods do it themselves. That is their job right? The "mini-mods" are also very annoying.


Do0mAid wrote:


Apothem wrote:
If they start blatantly flaming(unless they deserve it) then its wrong for them to be doing it.


No one ever "deserves" flaming. Unless you're defending yourself, there's no reason to be rude. Even if you ARE defending yourself, you can defend yourself and be mature about it.



Don't contradict yourself. First you say "no one ever deserves flaming" then you say "unless you're defending yourself". I think you should say "not everyone deserves flaming.
18989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
www.crunchyroll.com
Offline
Posted 1/6/08
just seen a "mini-mod" say to someone that he is an idiot for posting a new naruto thread. well I like what they are doing helping mods but calling someone stupid just because of this mistake for me is not right. everyone makes mistakes. I dont think you have any right to make this kind of judgments. you dont even know the person.
28673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


Do0mAid wrote:


Apothem wrote:
If they start blatantly flaming(unless they deserve it) then its wrong for them to be doing it.


No one ever "deserves" flaming. Unless you're defending yourself, there's no reason to be rude. Even if you ARE defending yourself, you can defend yourself and be mature about it.



Don't contradict yourself. First you say "no one ever deserves flaming" then you say "unless you're defending yourself". I think you should say "not everyone deserves flaming.

You're right I said it wrong. What I meant it to mean was no one deserves flaming ever. Even if you're defending yourself, because it can be accomplished maturely therefore it's not flaming. Oh and remember the edit button in the upper right hand corner of your posts so you don't need to double post =).


macphapie wrote:

just seen a "mini-mod" say to someone that he is an idiot for posting a new naruto thread. well I like what they are doing helping mods but calling someone stupid just because of this mistake for me is not right. everyone makes mistakes. I dont think you have any right to make this kind of judgments. you dont even know the person.

That's the kind of mini-modding I DON'T like. Not all mini-mods are like that, sorry someone was rude to you =/!

2160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / somewhere with in...
Offline
Posted 1/6/08
sometimes they get kinda annoying... but overall i think its nice of them to help out
5197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

Do0mAid wrote:


siththomas wrote:


Do0mAid wrote:


Apothem wrote:
If they start blatantly flaming(unless they deserve it) then its wrong for them to be doing it.


No one ever "deserves" flaming. Unless you're defending yourself, there's no reason to be rude. Even if you ARE defending yourself, you can defend yourself and be mature about it.



Don't contradict yourself. First you say "no one ever deserves flaming" then you say "unless you're defending yourself". I think you should say "not everyone deserves flaming.

You're right I said it wrong. What I meant it to mean was no one deserves flaming ever. Even if you're defending yourself, because it can be accomplished maturely therefore it's not flaming. Oh and remember the edit button in the upper right hand corner of your posts so you don't need to double post =).


macphapie wrote:

just seen a "mini-mod" say to someone that he is an idiot for posting a new naruto thread. well I like what they are doing helping mods but calling someone stupid just because of this mistake for me is not right. everyone makes mistakes. I dont think you have any right to make this kind of judgments. you dont even know the person.

That's the kind of mini-modding I DON'T like. Not all mini-mods are like that, sorry someone was rude to you =/!



Takes too long. Thanks anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.