First  Prev  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  Next  Last
Post Reply If you were given a chance to talk to God, what will you say to him?
6626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
Fuck you

That's all I have my reasons.
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
I would thank him for..
My family
My life
M health
The well-beings of my friends and loved ones.
For letting his son die on the cross for our
forgiving my sins
for everything basically

24517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 10/2/14
I'd ask if I could start over, and keep the list of mistakes I made so that I don't do them again.
2412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
lol some of you would ask questions that a human can or already has answered?? :p

others are saying pretty unwise things to a God

as for me...i would just ask about some of the greatest mysteries known to man...a lot about the universe, conspiracies, and some of the other biggest mysteries known to human kind.
Posted 10/2/14 , edited 10/2/14

I would thank him for everything, and say I'm sorry for all of my shortcomings.
1311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
Go to work
11014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
I'd ask him if he was drunk when he made the platypus. Also, he's a dick.
18220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Corner of Moon &...
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
"So... are my chances of getting into heaven higher or lower than 1%?"
Fyk0 
8070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Winland
Offline
Posted 10/2/14 , edited 10/2/14

Otaku-ish wrote:

What the heck? I talk to him all the time. The're called prayers.


When you talk to God it's called prayers, but when you say God talks to you, you are called crazy


Okay I will get my atheist ass out of this thread
16171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
"You failed, lol" is what i would say.
11908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
i'd cry and beg to go to heaven lol

yep, i'm a sucker for love
11423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / R'lyeh
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
I would have a number of questions:

1. What's the point of creating a universe with limited resources when you know this will directly lead to tension, strife, starvation, sickness, and so on among beings you reportedly consider to be as your own children?

2. How can you claim to have established an existence built around respect for the institution of free will when it is entirely impossible to preserve an offender's free will without explicitly violating the free will of the offender's victim?

3. The most common answer given on your behalf to resolve the problem of evil is the institution of original sin, an institution which finds its basis in an ancient Hebrew origin myth concerning two humans in a garden paradise. Given the story's details clearly indicate that there was a significant information asymmetry between yourself and these humans which was entirely in your favor (to whit, the people you were warning had no way of understanding said warning), and that therefore these humans could not legitimately be held to account for their actions and shouldn't have been penalized any more than a 3 year old should be held to account for a mortgage contract they've signed, how is it possible for this to be a satisfactory resolution of the problem of evil?

4. As a corollary to (3), given that another common answer to the problem of evil is either that humans are simply incapable of comprehending some greater good accomplished by your permitting supposedly lesser evils to take place or that humans aren't capable of truly comprehending good or evil at all (and must therefore simply take your word for it that 'x' is good and 'y' is evil), how would it be justifiable to hold us responsible for our actions given that we would be facing an equally potent information asymmetry in either case?

I could keep going, but those are some of the pretty big ones that are coming immediately to mind.
24553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / US
Offline
Posted 10/2/14 , edited 10/2/14

BlueOni wrote:

I would have a number of questions:

1. What's the point of creating a universe with limited resources when you know this will directly lead to tension, strife, starvation, sickness, and so on among beings you reportedly consider to be as your own children?

2. How can you claim to have established an existence built around respect for the institution of free will when it is entirely impossible to preserve an offender's free will without explicitly violating the free will of the offender's victim?

3. The most common answer given on your behalf to resolve the problem of evil is the institution of original sin, an institution which finds its basis in an ancient Hebrew origin myth concerning two humans in a garden paradise. Given the story's details clearly indicate that there was a significant information asymmetry between yourself and these humans which was entirely in your favor (to whit, the people you were warning had no way of understanding said warning), and that therefore these humans could not legitimately be held to account for their actions and shouldn't have been penalized any more than a 3 year old should be held to account for a mortgage contract they've signed, how is it possible for this to be a satisfactory resolution of the problem of evil?

4. As a corollary to (3), given that another common answer to the problem of evil is either that humans are simply incapable of comprehending some greater good accomplished by your permitting supposedly lesser evils to take place or that humans aren't capable of truly comprehending good or evil at all (and must therefore simply take your word for it that 'x' is good and 'y' is evil), how would it be justifiable to hold us responsible for our actions given that we would be facing an equally potent information asymmetry in either case?

I could keep going, but those are some of the pretty big ones that are coming immediately to mind.


Those are very good questions...which in the end leads me to believe that (my opinion) God did all this on purpose because he is omnipotent, therefore, he knew beforehand what Adam, Eve and even Satan would do.

There is a verse in the Bible ( I forgot where, but it is in the new testament) where God talks about other "beings" watching everything he is doing with the earth and they're praising God for it. I think we are just a creation to show his power...God only wants to be praised.

I read the Bible a long time ago so my memory is not that good but I think there's also another verse where he mentions a covenant that was made before the earth was created. He can't break it, everything that he said it will happen, will definitely happen. For example, if God said that people were going to suffer, he has to carry out that plan and can't break it. So everything that it is on the Bible will happen sooner or later (a lot of suffering, diseases etc but also salvation).

I feel bad saying this because I consider myself a believer (i.e. I believe God exists) and yet I can't love him like many other believers do because all I do is complain to him and I feel guilty for it. All I said above came from the Bible but my understanding could be wrong. I still respect God a lot but I'm not going to act like everything He is doing is perfect. My question for him would be: "what do you feel when a little kid is being raped or abused? and why do you allow it?" ..... maybe the answer could be "to show the evil on earth" but whatever answer it is...it breaks my heart.



1311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 10/2/14

Otaku-ish wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


Otaku-ish wrote:


MarkyD73 wrote:


Otaku-ish wrote:

What the heck? I talk to him all the time. The're called prayers.


Sure you do, and I talk to Shiva and Vishnu every night.

Lol, that's not sarcasm right?


It is sarcasm but I did try praying to Shiva a few times.

Lol, good luck with that.


Good luck talking to god
8410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
Give me a loli
First  Prev  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.