First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Extended Discussion should be "extended"
Posted 7/19/10 , edited 7/19/10
Updated July 19th, 2010:

So I've recently talked to BK, and the plan is a go. He said he would talk to someone about adding the subforums soon. Here's a list of the ones that got through:

Science
Religion
Philosophy
Word Events
Daily Life

You all were very helpful. Your ideas is what helped make this all possible, and I congratulate you all on your brainstorming. Now everyone can choose their own sections to flock to, and hopefully this should calm down some of the chaos.
Posted 7/19/10
So we're going to have the a new forum after all? Wonderful I hope they'll be monitored, especially the religion section.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/19/10
for the time being I think it's calmed down. but yeah.
Posted 7/19/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Updated July 19th, 2010:

So I've recently talked to BK, and the plan is a go. He said he would talk to someone about adding the subforums soon. Here's a list of the ones that got through:

Science
Religion
Philosophy
Word Events
Daily Life

You all were very helpful. Your ideas is what helped make this all possible, and I congratulate you all on your brainstorming. Now everyone can choose their own sections to flock to, and hopefully this should calm down some of the chaos.
In that case you are the biggest help for yourself, by you started the conversation with your topic. So good for you!

I can definitely see myself involved with science, philosophy, and world events in the near future. So please let me know if CR would consider more mods for those sub-forums.
Posted 7/19/10
Actually, BK said that the current Forum Moderators would clean up everything, so the newer ones aren't needed.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/19/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Actually, BK said that the current Forum Moderators would clean up everything, so the newer ones aren't needed.


WOOT!

sorry... I was willing to step up to the plate to make this happen, but I didn't really want to be a moderator. sounds like a hassle.


55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 9/17/10
I keep checking back here to see if the subject of this thread has become a reality.......

There were no less than 10 subjects on page one of ED forums just now w/ religious (or "anti" - religious) wording in the titles!!!!
The remainders were a smattering of politics, science, queries on behavior, & opinion stands.

Does anybody know of any progress, or reversals to progress in this matter?
Posted 9/17/10 , edited 9/17/10
I've been pretty patient in the whole ordeal, in fact I may have spoken a bit too soon with the results. This isn't going to happen over night, but I've noticed BK has been posting in ED a little, so maybe he's looking at the situation, who knows? But I will talk to him about it again.
55941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / Midwest, rural Am...
Offline
Posted 9/17/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

I've been pretty patient in the whole ordeal, in fact I may have spoken a bit too soon with the results. This isn't going to happen over night, but I've noticed BK has been posting in ED a little, so maybe he's looking at the situation, who knows? But I will talk to him about it again.


Thank you & I was only hoping to know current status, really, I wasn't being impatient or ungrateful!!!
Posted 9/17/10
Hopefully, we get this whole shindig going sooner or later. We can isolate all the holy wars to a specific area and watch the number of posts for that skyrocket up in the billions.
Posted 9/19/10 , edited 9/20/10
Update

So I just found out that CR is planning on hosting manga. How is this relevant? Well, apparently there are certain deadlines to get the manga up and running, so everything has been pretty hectic. Other things such as the sub forums and other minor tasks are put lower on the priority list, which means they won't be added any time soon, that is until the manga system is running properly.
Posted 9/19/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

So I just found out that CR is planning on hosting manga. How is this relevant? Well, apparently there are certain deadlines to get the manga up and running, so everything has been pretty hectic. Other things such as the sub forums and other minor tasks are put lower on the priority list, which means they won't be added any time soon, that is until the manga system is running properly.
Thanks for the update, you did great. I can understand that CR is first and foremost "for profit" organization, thereby it's obligated to fulfill its business promise first.
Posted 9/20/10
I hope the wait won't be too long for the sub forums.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.