First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Anime that you can't stand
152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 7/10/10 , edited 7/11/10
Naruto - The show should be called Sasuke by now.
Bleach - It's always about saving people. It might get my attention if Yoruichi and Soifon made out.
One Piece - It'd take them a million years to find One Piece, y'know?
InuYasha - Female version of DBZ
Pokemon - Digimon FTW.
Death Note - People only like it because they think they're watching something smart and usually miss the hundreds of flaws it has.
Shugo Chara! - Recycled fight scenes and it suffers from cheese.
Vampire Knight - Since when did Twilight get its own anime?
Duel Masters - Yugioh did it better.
Dragon Ball Z - It's stupid but people worship it to no end.
Sailor Moon - Just corny.
Ranma 1/2 - The characters are pathetic.
Code Geass R2 - First season was good but R2 was a trainwreck.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 - Endless Eight. 'nuff said.
Ikki Tousen - PANTY SHOT
Elfen Lied - Blood, nude chicks and moe.
So-Ra-No-Wo-To - More moe
K-On! - MOE OVERLOAD
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The most overrated anime ever, it only builds up questions rather than resolving them and the fanboys are insane. Yes, it's even more overrated than Naruto because Naruto actually gets a load of flak. Seems like everyone praises Evangelion.
Nearly every Gundam series out there - Yeah, I said it.
School Days - Makoto deserves to burn in Hell
Axis Powers Hetalia - Ahahaha...No. ಠ_ಠ
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Somewhere faraway
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
One Piece, Death Note.

I mean, come on.. -.-
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
I personally just have a bias against shoujo manga in general, against everything in shoujo manga. But I can't stand One Piece (for the art), and also yes, I agree, Skip Beat! It's so... corny, cheesy, cliched, uncreative, unoriginal, stereotypical, all of those nice little adjectives.
36122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
death note its way 2 overrated L is awesome tho
DBZ no idea y ppl liked it in the first place
naruto is probally the most over rated anime ever, manga was ok tho
1165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ATL, GA
Offline
Posted 7/10/10 , edited 7/10/10

fangirl07 wrote:

I personally just have a bias against shoujo manga in general, against everything in shoujo manga. But I can't stand One Piece (for the art), and also yes, I agree, Skip Beat! It's so... corny, cheesy, cliched, uncreative, unoriginal, stereotypical, all of those nice little adjectives.


true. i feel like in some shoujo mangas they are anti-feminist. yknow what i mean? like that weak, plain schoolgirl chasing after an arrogant guy who everyone goes kyaa kyaa about
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/10/10

Cherruyue wrote:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The most overrated anime ever, it only builds up questions rather than resolving them and the fanboys are insane.
[


Haha, the rest of your post was true enough, and rather funny, and just looking at Evangelion as a series perhaps yes, it's overrated. And the fans are VERY scary at times. Noooo disagreement there!

I think what a lot of people miss is that Evangelion is a commentary about many, many things that are extremely complicated and do not have answers. So why should the series provide them? It only serves to oversimplify the complexity of the problems. Some things that I personally see commented on are Post WW2 Japanese national identity formation, personal identity formation in Japan, personal identity formation as a human being, and the difficulties faced by teenagers having to live up to the standards of being both a "child" and an "adult." These are just a few things that can be taken from the series.

These things are vast and we don't have answers because, quite frankly, there might not be an answer. Or at the very least, any solution will be both right and wrong. I thought the series did a good job not only presenting those things, but also showing that these seemingly unimportant social issues are actually very urgent and important on a larger scale...but it's only relevant if you take the whole series metaphorically. That is to say, if you start looking at the series in metaphors it gets a lot better.

That isn't to say, however, that you should HAVE to look at a series in metaphors for it to be good, so I do understand where a lot of people who dislike it are coming from. If you're just looking to be entertained then Eva is probably not for you.
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/10/10

jello16_0507 wrote:


fangirl07 wrote:

I personally just have a bias against shoujo manga in general, against everything in shoujo manga. But I can't stand One Piece (for the art), and also yes, I agree, Skip Beat! It's so... corny, cheesy, cliched, uncreative, unoriginal, stereotypical, all of those nice little adjectives.


true. i feel like in some shoujo mangas they are anti-feminist. yknow what i mean? like that weak, plain schoolgirl chasing after an arrogant guy who everyone goes kyaa kyaa about


I feel very much the same way. I wish people would stop making those characters...
1165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ATL, GA
Offline
Posted 7/10/10

Cheerio_Koroke wrote:


jello16_0507 wrote:


fangirl07 wrote:

I personally just have a bias against shoujo manga in general, against everything in shoujo manga. But I can't stand One Piece (for the art), and also yes, I agree, Skip Beat! It's so... corny, cheesy, cliched, uncreative, unoriginal, stereotypical, all of those nice little adjectives.


true. i feel like in some shoujo mangas they are anti-feminist. yknow what i mean? like that weak, plain schoolgirl chasing after an arrogant guy who everyone goes kyaa kyaa about


I feel very much the same way. I wish people would stop making those characters...


haha yeah like that girl in kyou koi wa hajimemasu manga. its very degrading
11744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winter Springs, F...
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
No disrespect or anything, I just couldn't get into it. >.<
152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 7/10/10 , edited 7/10/10

Cheerio_Koroke wrote:


Cherruyue wrote:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The most overrated anime ever, it only builds up questions rather than resolving them and the fanboys are insane.
[


Haha, the rest of your post was true enough, and rather funny, and just looking at Evangelion as a series perhaps yes, it's overrated. And the fans are VERY scary at times. Noooo disagreement there!

I think what a lot of people miss is that Evangelion is a commentary about many, many things that are extremely complicated and do not have answers. So why should the series provide them? It only serves to oversimplify the complexity of the problems. Some things that I personally see commented on are Post WW2 Japanese national identity formation, personal identity formation in Japan, personal identity formation as a human being, and the difficulties faced by teenagers having to live up to the standards of being both a "child" and an "adult." These are just a few things that can be taken from the series.

These things are vast and we don't have answers because, quite frankly, there might not be an answer. Or at the very least, any solution will be both right and wrong. I thought the series did a good job not only presenting those things, but also showing that these seemingly unimportant social issues are actually very urgent and important on a larger scale...but it's only relevant if you take the whole series metaphorically. That is to say, if you start looking at the series in metaphors it gets a lot better.

That isn't to say, however, that you should HAVE to look at a series in metaphors for it to be good, so I do understand where a lot of people who dislike it are coming from. If you're just looking to be entertained then Eva is probably not for you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBAXFkumH7I
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/10/10

scmakesmerotfl wrote:

No offense to anyone

I can't stand Skip beat, and I really don't get why people like it. I've tried the manga and the anime and I have really hated both...


I feel the same way the show just annoys me
261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
Hate anime with characters that have no BRAIN!!
1703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
Shugo Chara and Vampire Knight
Posted 7/10/10
most shoujo and shounen ( the only shoujos i like are nana, kamikaze girls, and fruits basket, and the only shounens i like are rave master, one peice, and fairy tail) i prefer seinen manga and anime more
9026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/10
haha alot of people here don't like one piece, but i think its amazingly epic XD. K-ON! bored me to death, sora no woto was ridiculous, and SD gundam is the worst thing my eyes have had the misfortune of seeing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.